Main Menu

The unofficial boss help thread! *YOU CAN POST! YAY!*

Started by The Seventh, January 05, 2008, 04:10:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Seventh

Here's the boss help thread, where YOU (or me) submit your best strategies for bosses in ANY Metroid Game.
Some general rules.
+To submit strategies, PM it to me.  That's to keep clutter out of the thread. (just go ahead and post it.  To keep the thread alive, ya know?). When posting, it can also address:
      -False strategies.  I'll TRY to test them but I won't always be able too.
      -Comment on really good strategies!  I love comments
      -To discuss a boss I don't have a strategy for yet!  I love to use that information to devise a new one!
+And just plain follow NSF.net's rules.  I WON'T hesitate to report you.

I'll set up the table of contents NOW...

Games:
Metroid
Metroid 2: Return of Samus
We aren't putting strategies for these games since there aren't enough bosses or strategy isn't needed much in these.
Super Metroid
Metroid Fusion
Metroid Zero Mission
Metroid Prime
Metroid Prime 2: Echoes
Metroid Prime 3: Corruption
meh

The Seventh

SUPER METROID
There aren't any strategies currently.  Please come back or submit a strategy NOW!
meh

The Seventh

METROID FUSION
SA-X... the actual fight!
Okay, you've been waiting to kill this impostor once and for all, and this shouldn't be too hard to get down...
PHASE1: Okay, all you need to do is go down to the bottom floor, giving you some time to charge your beam.  Face it, shoot it, jump onto the other side of it, charge and release.  Keep doing this in a steady pace and you'll beat it in no time, and possibly take no damage.
PHASE2: this is it's weakest phase.  Just shoot charge beams at it while dodging it's jumps.  Easy as pie.
PHASE3: Like all X, this will turn into the core X.  It's just like the ones that had beams: wait until a opening opens, and shoot a missile at said opening.  If you have diffusion missiles, CHARGE THEM.  It'll take it down easier than if you shot normal missiles at it.
A tip for PHASE2:
Quote from: MasterYoungLink on January 05, 2008, 05:37:46 PM
Here's another. During the Second Phase of the SA-X fight, go to the top left, where the door to the final room is, and the SA-X will NEVER REACH YOU as long as you STAY UP THERE. When the SA-X is jumping, you can jump up and fire a charged shot down, which will hit it. Try it two more times, and you'll move on to phase three.
meh

The Seventh

METROID ZERO MISSION
I have a strategy for Ridley in Metroid Zero Mission. Basically, just stand underneath his FEET at all times during the fight. He won't attack you, but he'll still shoot fireballs...which will always miss. To back this up, I'll post a video soon.

The catch: If you stand under his feet...and you shoot 2 (Purpose) many Super/Missles at him...well, if you go trigger-happy, Ridley will go TAIL-Happy. He'll constantly attack you with his tail if you go trigger happy, so Fire one missle, take a 1/2 Second break, then fire again.
meh

The Seventh

METROID PRIME
Here's a strategy (or two)...
Quote from: avengah on February 06, 2008, 10:29:54 AM
These two techniques are cheap, so I never use them - I like a proper boss fight. Anyway, roll between Omega Pirate's legs, bomb jump and lay a power bomb. If done correctly, you'll blow off all four of his Phazon pads.

With Meta Ridley, hit him with Super Missiles until he lands on the platform, then boost into him. You'll immediately knock his health down so that he starts the ground phase. Very cheap, so don't do it. During the ground phase, use the power beam, charge it and hit him in the mouth exactly as he opens it. If it doesn't stun him, dodge to the side! If it does, run right up to him and hit him very quickly with a super missile! He'll be gone in no time, and he won't get the opportunity to charge very much if you can hit him in the mouth at the exact right time! After the explosion, every charged shot in the mouth should stun him!

As I said before, I won't use the Power Bomb on Omega Pirate, and I won't boost into Ridley. Far too cheap.

Cheers,

Matt
The Sheegoth: First of all, there'll be an ice attack (last I checked it was breathing continuous ice), and after that or the ice ball attacks, it'll stand there for a second, mouth WIDE open, because it hyperventilated, and then you can attack, perferrably with missiles.

OR

You can just keep rolling under it if you have at least 3 or more energy tanks and keep bombing it.

Both ways work well.
meh

The Seventh

METROID PRIME 2: ECHOES
I have a couple strategies I'll post here in a sec.  Please submit some in the time being.
meh

The Seventh

METROID PRIME 3: CORRUPTION
There are currently no strategies as of this moment.  Please submit some if you can.
meh

SkyMyl

I have a strategy for Ridley in Metroid Zero Mission. Basically, just stand underneath his FEET at all times during the fight. He won't attack you, but he'll still shoot fireballs...which will always miss. To back this up, I'll post a video soon.

The catch: If you stand under his feet...and you shoot 2 (Purpose) many Super/Missles at him...well, if you go trigger-happy, Ridley will go TAIL-Happy. He'll constantly attack you with his tail if you go trigger happy, so Fire one missle, take a 1/2 Second break, then fire again.

The Seventh

Oh, thanks!  I'll add this IMMEDIATELY!
meh

SkyMyl

Quote from: red7js on January 06, 2008, 05:49:17 PM

Here's another. During the Second Phase of the SA-X fight, go to the top left, where the door to the final room is, and the SA-X will NEVER REACH YOU as long as you STAY UP THERE. When the SA-X is jumping, you can jump up and fire a charged shot down, which will hit it. Try it two more times, and you'll move on to phase three.

The Seventh

Quote from: MasterYoungLink on January 08, 2008, 09:40:35 AM
Quote from: red7js on January 06, 2008, 05:49:17 PM

Man, I wish I could award you with something...
meh

SkyMyl

Man, I wish I could award you with something...
[/quote]

No need.

avengah

These two techniques are cheap, so I never use them - I like a proper boss fight. Anyway, roll between Omega Pirate's legs, bomb jump and lay a power bomb. If done correctly, you'll blow off all four of his Phazon pads.

With Meta Ridley, hit him with Super Missiles until he lands on the platform, then boost into him. You'll immediately knock his health down so that he starts the ground phase. Very cheap, so don't do it. During the ground phase, use the power beam, charge it and hit him in the mouth exactly as he opens it. If it doesn't stun him, dodge to the side! If it does, run right up to him and hit him very quickly with a super missile! He'll be gone in no time, and he won't get the opportunity to charge very much if you can hit him in the mouth at the exact right time! After the explosion, every charged shot in the mouth should stun him!

As I said before, I won't use the Power Bomb on Omega Pirate, and I won't boost into Ridley. Far too cheap.

Cheers,

Matt

The Seventh

Quote from: avengah on February 06, 2008, 10:29:54 AM

Cheers,

Matt
Well, well, I might use the boost thing on Hard, though.  Talk about a pain on hard!

I'll add this to the first post...
meh

Fell

In metroid prime. My bro has to fight the Sheegoth. And so will I soon.

It says his mouth is a weak spot, but when he's vulnerable, it does nothing. Help?

Spongebob does not approve