<+Clu> Silverhawk79 is just wrong for me

Main Menu

Leaked "real" SSBB Roster

Started by Riosan, January 09, 2008, 10:17:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hero_Of_Time

Quote from: tollhouse2006 on January 09, 2008, 02:23:13 PM
Quote from: Nayrman on January 09, 2008, 02:18:19 PM
No way that's real...just no way. Pokemon Rival and Mii basically kill it...
Don't forget Baby Mario and Baby Luigi working as a team like the Ice Climbers.  Also Shiek as seperate character doesn't make any sense.
Well, IC doesn't have to be the only team characters. There could be another one (which was what I was hoping for when it came to Diddy Kong and Dixie Kong).

And if we're going TP-based, then Sheik being separate would be logical. Sheik did not appear in TP at all thus if Zelda is TP-based (which iirc she is) she lost that move. So Sheik would be her own character...

Feel free to add me on MSN!

HTA!

Quote from: Hero_Of_Time on January 09, 2008, 02:44:55 PM
Don't forget Baby Mario and Baby Luigi working as a team like the Ice Climbers.  Also Shiek as seperate character doesn't make any sense.
Well, IC doesn't have to be the only team characters. There could be another one (which was what I was hoping for when it came to Diddy Kong and Dixie Kong).

And if we're going TP-based, then Sheik being separate would be logical. Sheik did not appear in TP at all thus if Zelda is TP-based (which iirc she is) she lost that move. So Sheik would be her own character...

They are not TP based in the sense that they have to follow the story...

They are only the most recent character models, so sheik can still be a transformation

Hero_Of_Time

Quote from: Hector_the_Axe on January 09, 2008, 02:46:44 PM

They are only the most recent character models, so sheik can still be a transformation
Well, actually it would effect the moveset. It effected Link's (Barnes Bombs, Double Clawshot, Gale Boomerang, etc). So why would it not effect Zelda's?

tollhouse2006

Shiek would just be a filler is she was seperate.  Just because Shiek is from a different game doesn't separate her from Zelda's moveset.  Having another version of Mario in is a horrible idea.  Baby Mario and Luigi can't fight.  That has got to be the lamest idea for fighters I have ever heard.  There are like 8 characters on that roster than nobody's heard of because they are Japanese.  If this roster is real than Sakurai went hard-core on the only Japanese characters.  Also, there are way to many reps for Mario.  There are 7 all together.
Friend Code: 2622-1690-4267  Finally have wifi

HTA!

Quote from: Hero_Of_Time on January 09, 2008, 02:51:54 PM

Well, actually it would effect the moveset. It effected Link's (Barnes Bombs, Double Clawshot, Gale Boomerang, etc). So why would it not effect Zelda's?

Because Zelda didn't change much at all from Melee to Brawl?
Why doesn't she have a sword if we are going of of TP?

Link had significant changes in TP, but he was the main character.
Zelda was not, so Sheik being a transformation is entirely possible.

Java

Quote from: Hero_Of_Time on January 09, 2008, 02:51:54 PM

There was a move of Zelda's that was confirmed that she didn't have in TP.

I think it was Din's Fire...

Tupin

Yes.

Looks good to Mii.

Also, where did this info come from?

Quote from: SkyMyl
Tuppy frightens me with his knowledge of legacy technology.

Water ☮

Quote from: tollhouse2006 on January 09, 2008, 02:52:59 PM

Shiek would just be a filler is she was seperate.  Just because Shiek is from a different game doesn't separate her from Zelda's moveset.  Having another version of Mario in is a horrible idea.  Baby Mario and Luigi can't fight.  That has got to be the lamest idea for fighters I have ever heard.  There are like 8 characters on that roster than nobody's heard of because they are Japanese.  If this roster is real than Sakurai went hard-core on the only Japanese characters.  Also, there are way to many reps for Mario.  There are 7 all together.
10 for pokemon if you count the three groups separate

Hero_Of_Time

Pathetic. Baby Mario and Luigi can't fight? Capt. Falcon, Fox, Falco, Dr. Mario, and many others did 0% fist fighting in their games until introduced in SSB/SSBM. So they 'couldn't fight' either. That is the lamest excuse EVER.

And yes, Sheik would be separate. Why go all TP based except one move? That move would throw the whole concept off balance. Unless, its her FS..which would be a waste. She has better FS choices. I foresee Sheik being separated.

And going-japanese only is a good strategy. It brough over FE and made other games much much more popular than they were before SSB...

HTA!

Quote from: Hero_Of_Time on January 09, 2008, 02:58:35 PM

Pathetic. Baby Mario and Luigi can't fight? Capt. Falcon, Fox, Falco, Dr. Mario, and many others did 0% fist fighting in their games until introduced in SSB/SSBM. So they 'couldn't fight' either. That is the lamest excuse EVER.

And yes, Sheik would be separate. Why go all TP based except one move? That move would throw the whole concept off balance. Unless, its her FS..which would be a waste. She has better FS choices. I foresee Sheik being separated.

And going-japanese only is a good strategy. It brough over FE and made other games much much more popular than they were before SSB...

She isnt all TP based, not even a little....

tollhouse2006

Fine.  If what I said is pathetic it doesn't matter to me.  I can't imagine Baby Mario and Luigi being playble.  That's all I said as well as saying this roster is fake, so there's no point in arguing about it.  
Friend Code: 2622-1690-4267  Finally have wifi

GrimTuesday

You do realise that because her moveset hasn't been confirmed none of us know if her moves come from TP or not right?

Proud owner of Flowen - www.flowengaming.inventforum.com

"I tracked you down with this, this is my timey-wimey detector, goes ding when there's stuff" ~ The Doctor

HTA!

Quote from: GrimTuesday on January 09, 2008, 03:06:56 PM

You do realise that because her moveset hasn't been confirmed none of us know if her moves come from TP or not right?

We know 2 specials and her melee

fredrickthethird

Quote from: Riosan on January 09, 2008, 10:17:39 AM
So someone on 2ch translated a post from a Japanese blog on the completed SSBB Roster. Yes I know, "blah blah blah another fake roster", but you guys can choose to believe this or not. Personally, I think some of it is possible.

"First of all, I want to say the characters which have been cut from the Melee roster and will not appear in Brawl as playable.
- Pichu (Cut completely, returns only as Trophy and Sticker)
- Dr. Mario (Returns as Assist Trophy)

Sorry to all that enjoyed playing as the above characters, but I hope you will be satisfied with the rest of the Brawl roster.

This is the list of the initial roster, who you can play as right when you first start the game.
- Mario
- Bowser
- Peach
- Wario
- Yoshi
- Link
- Zelda
- Pikachu
- Pokemon Trainer
- Samus
- Kirby
- King Dedede
- Meta Knight
- Fox
- Pit
- Ike
- Donkey Kong
- Diddy Kong
- Captain Falcon
- Ice Climbers
- Lucas
- Pikmin & Olimar
- Sonic
- Snake

As you can see from the above list, Captain Falcon is the only character that is not shown on the website yet and every character shown is default. Zero Suit Samus is first only playable when using Samus Final Smash, but can later be unlocked to be played at any time.

The below list is a list of all characters that must be unlocked, this is the final roster, and we are sorry if your favorite character did not make the cut.

- Luigi
- Bowser Jr./Shadow Mario (Changes like Zelda in SSBM)
- Baby Mario & Luigi
- Geno
- Young Link (Wind Waker and Phantom Hourglass version, is not a clone of default Link)
- Wolf Link & Midna
- Ganondorf (Has own moveset, is not a clone)
- Shiek (Seperate character from Zelda)
- Vaati
- Mewtwo
- Pokemon Rival (Turtwig, Croconaw and Blaziken)
- Lucario
- Jigglypuff
- Zero Suit Samus (Unlocked to be selected apart from Samus)
- Ridley
- Falco (Has own moveset, is not a clone)
- Krystal
- Ness (Has own moveset, is not a clone)
- Animal Crosser
- Marth
- Roy
- K.Rool
- Black Shadow
- Sukapon
- Mr. Game & Watch
- Takamaru
- Ray 01
- Andy
- Mii (Looks like your Mii! Weight and size differ, but attacks are always same)"
That means you can play as CHUCK NORRIS

Ridley

Anyone notice that Sonic and Snake aren't unlockables?
...Friend codes were probably implemented by the same people who wanted tripping in Brawl...
...It's quite obvious...