Started by QingXin, January 14, 2008, 02:46:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thunderhero4

Quote from: wiiboychris on January 14, 2008, 03:08:57 PM
Quote from: TamJammerz on January 14, 2008, 03:06:05 PM
Quote from: wiiboychris on January 14, 2008, 03:01:55 PM
Quote from: TamJammerz on January 14, 2008, 02:58:31 PM
Quote from: wiiboychris on January 14, 2008, 02:57:21 PM
Good work! But why the........well......that kick's name.
... Meh? You're making no sense in that last statement O_O
I don't want to say the word which starts with "S" and ends with "ex".
Oh, you mean the sex kick? Haha, lots of people have no idea what it is...
God, were talking about a T rated game! Not an M rated game!
haha! XD you serious! :D

HTA!

Not bad, but moveset is like...

Well the moves are exacrt copies of other characters =p

Apollo

i love lucario but i cant see him being a playable.
maybe a pokemon that assits you in battle by using auras

QingXin

Quote from: Hector_the_Axe on January 14, 2008, 07:12:22 PM
Not bad, but moveset is like...

Well the moves are exacrt copies of other characters =p
Really?

Ground Attacks

A, A, A - Lucario performs two jabs followed by an upward jumping kick, launching foes upwards. This one isn't a copy... I don't know of any standard A attack that launches upward.

Dash A - Lucario leaps forward and performs a flying side kick. Like Fox, but Lucario leaps forward first.

Strong A (Side) - A quick palm strike forward. Unique :P

Strong A (Down) - Lucario performs a crouching sweep kick forward. Like Sheik or Captain Falcon

Strong A (Up) - Lucario performs a quick uppercut. Unique (Not a spinning one like Mario's, but a quick pop up uppercut.

Smash A, A (Side) - A quick elbow thrust, followed by a lunging palm strike. Unique

Smash A (Down) - Lucario "break dances" n the ground, striking foes on either side of him with his legs. You might've misinterpretted this as Sheik's. It's not, because Lucario's not upside down :P

Smash A (Up) - Lucario performs a back flipping kick. Yeah, this one is Fox's.

Aerial Attacks

A - A standard sex kick. You gotta have this.

Smash A (Front) - Lucario performs a front flip, bringing his legs down upon foes in front of him, spiking them downward. Unique

Smash A (Back) - Lucario performs three kicks to the rear. Unique

Smash A (Down) - Lucario wags his tail below him, striking opponents multiple times. Unique

Smash A (Up) - Lucario performs two kicks upwards. Like Peach, except two kicks.

Grabs

Z - A quick lapel grab. Meh

A - Lucario elbow strikes the opponent with the opposite arm. Unique

Front - After two jabs, Lucario will palm strike the opponent forward. Unique... And quite flashy

Back - Lucario briefly throws the opponent up a bit and performs a spinning kick, sending them to the rear. Unique

Down - Lucario throws the enemy down and performs a jumping axe kick upon their chest. Sheik's...

Up - Lucario shoulder rushes the opponent and then performs an uppercut, sending them upwards. Unique

Special Moves

B: Aura Sphere - Hold B to charge. When B is released, Lucario will shoot forward a high flying sphere of Aura. Once it makes contact with anything, it will explode, sending small beams zooming in random directions with limited distance. The size, speed, and travel distance of the Sphere depends upon the charge up, as well as the number of beams that shoot out upon the Sphere's explosion. The charge is not savable. You may be thinking this is like Mewtwo's. It's not, as this one can't be saved, travels faster, and has additional effects upon contact with an object.

Smash B: Bone Rush - After a brief start up, Lucario will dash forward at a blinding speed, swinging his arms forward, striking with the bones on the back of his hands. After this, Lucario will then perform a jumping uppercut, using the bone. Unique.

Down B: Metal Claw - Lucario performs a quick swipe forward. If the attack makes contact with a foe, Lucario will then leap up and continuously strike at the opponent, followed by a final lunging punch. Lucario's fists will be lighting up during this. Unique

Up B: Sky Uppercut - A simple uppercut that launches Lucario upwards. Like Charizard's Fly, but an uppercut

Final Smash: Dragon Pulse - Lucario dashes forward. If he comes in contact with an opponent, he will continuously kick and jab at the opponent. The game will then freeze, and Lucario will perform a powerful lunging palm strike. Upon doing so, a purple ray of lightning will streak through the screen from where Lucario hit the opponent, damaging nearby foes, also. Unique. May be like most multi-hit FS's, but this one has a huge streak of lightning that crosses the screen upon the last move

I don't know where you're getting the idea that the majority of these moves are derived and copied...

Neerb

3/5.  The moveset (and by that, I simply refer to Specials and FS) is mediocre.  The moves are too combo-orientated:  just one special move shouldn't be a 6 hit massacre.  Also, Dragon Pulse shouldn't be his FS--Lucario has stronger moves of his own type that he could use, namely Close Combat.

Ridley

Quote from: Smash Bro 25 on January 19, 2008, 08:47:57 PM
3/5.  The moveset (and by that, I simply refer to Specials and FS) is mediocre.  The moves are too combo-orientated:  just one special move shouldn't be a 6 hit massacre.  Also, Dragon Pulse shouldn't be his FS--Lucario has stronger moves of his own type that he could use, namely Close Combat.

looks like the smash boards have a critic now.
...Friend codes were probably implemented by the same people who wanted tripping in Brawl...
...It's quite obvious...

Neerb

Quote from: Ridley on January 19, 2008, 08:51:51 PM

I think I'm permenantly stuck in "critic mode."  You see, back before Nintendo locked it, I was one of the several people who would form 40-quote arguments in the old forum's "Rate My Roster" thread.

My apologies to TamJammerz; I really like these analysises, and I'll try to keep my opinions to myself in the future.   :-X

QingXin

Quote from: Smash Bro 25 on January 19, 2008, 08:57:48 PM

I think I'm permenantly stuck in "critic mode."  You see, back before Nintendo locked it, I was one of the several people who would form 40-quote arguments in the old forum's "Rate My Roster" thread.

My apologies to TamJammerz; I really like these analysises, and I'll try to keep my opinions to myself in the future.   :-X
Oh, don't stop. I don't mind. In fact, I encourage it ;)

I have no knowledge of the Pokemon franchise, so it's nice to get some feedback. It seems like Close Combat is a great attack... I guess I'll replace Dragon Pulse, then.

And were you referring to Metal Claw withthe 6 hit thing? Mind you, that Metal Claw can only be activated if the initial hit makes contact, so missing this would leave Lucario wide open. Not as broken as you think :P

Eizweir

What would be cool is if he had more of a personality to his moveset (dont't get me wrong, it's actually my favorite of all your analysis).  Lucario's the type who would just shove people away from him fast, and not spend time hitting them over and over.  He also uses a bit more "Judo" meaning, he uses the opponents momentum against them.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/xluxaeternax

formerly: Marth Xero, Xero, Roy Khan, Diego Armando, Lux Aeterna, and more I forget it was like 11 years ago jeeze

Neerb

Quote from: TamJammerz on January 19, 2008, 09:48:10 PM
Quote from: Smash Bro 25 on January 19, 2008, 08:57:48 PM

Oh, don't stop. I don't mind. In fact, I encourage it ;)

I have no knowledge of the Pokemon franchise, so it's nice to get some feedback. It seems like Close Combat is a great attack... I guess I'll replace Dragon Pulse, then.

And were you referring to Metal Claw withthe 6 hit thing? Mind you, that Metal Claw can only be activated if the initial hit makes contact, so missing this would leave Lucario wide open. Not as broken as you think :P

Well, in that case, i might as well tell you what it is... Close Combat as a FS would be something like Link's Triforce slash, but instead of slicing with a sword, Lucario does tons of light-speed punches.

QingXin

Joeofmars

Wow! I really like your analyzes! Great job, makes me want Lucario to be playable even more!

Eizweir

In the Pokemon games, close Combat makes the user's defense drop.  So after using it there should be some kind of delay or something.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/xluxaeternax

formerly: Marth Xero, Xero, Roy Khan, Diego Armando, Lux Aeterna, and more I forget it was like 11 years ago jeeze

Michael227

Quote from: Marth Xero on January 20, 2008, 03:13:08 PM
In the Pokemon games, close Combat makes the user's defense drop.  So after using it there should be some kind of delay or something.
maybe lucario will be knocked further and damage is more effective for 10-20 seconds

QingXin