Main Menu

The ULTIMATE character poll!

Started by DededeCloneChris, January 19, 2008, 12:10:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Who will appear in -brawl as the next newcomer? You can choose 10 characters (also you must vote for at least one third party character)

Geno (Square Enix)
Cloud (Square Enix)
Sora (Square Enix)
Marche (Square Enix)
Lloyd (Namco)
Klonoa (Namco)
Siegfried (Namco)
Pac-mac (Namco)
Bomberman (Hudson)
Megaman (Capcom)
Rayman (Ubisoft)
Knuckles (Sega)
Princess Shroob (M&L: Partners in time)
Black Knight (Fire Emblem)
Lucario (Pokémon)
Kumatora (Mother 3)
Marina (Michief Makers)
Midna (Twilight Princess)
Rundas (MP3: Corruption)
Wolf O'donnel (Star Fox)
Krystal (Star Fox)
"Eggplant Wizard" (Kid Icarus)
Young Criket (WarioWare: Smooth moves)
Sothe (Fire Emblem)
Crono (Square Enix)
Ms Mows (Paper Mario)
Isaac (Golden Sun)
Jenna (Golden Sun)
"Mr Namco, the imaginary character of Shujinco" (Namco)
Bowser Jr (Mario)
Max (Hudson)
Mallow (Square Enix)
Dark Samus (MP3: Corruption)
Ridley (MP3: Corruption)
Ai or Yu (Animal Crossing)

thunderhero4

Light

Quote from: Smash Bro 25 on January 20, 2008, 04:49:44 AM
Quote from: Marth Xero on January 19, 2008, 10:06:04 PM
I just chose people I wanted in, not who I thought would be next.

Me too.  Well, actually, Sora's the only one I voted for who probably won't make it.  But all the others I voted for cause I wanted them, and their doing really well!  They are:
Ridley, Lucario, Krystal, and Bowser Jr.

...and Sora.
Out of those, I think Bowser Jr. and Lucario have the best chance. I see Ridley more as a boss in the SSE, and Krystal as an Assist Trophy.
Holy crap all my sigs were always poop. Best leave this space alone.

Tupin

Wow, Sora actually has a lot of votes. :|

They are kind of wasted, considering that Disney would make sure some characters from their half-dead franchises are in...

Quote from: SkyMyl
Tuppy frightens me with his knowledge of legacy technology.

Ridley

Quote from: LightningSword on January 20, 2008, 10:47:34 AM

Me too.  Well, actually, Sora's the only one I voted for who probably won't make it.  But all the others I voted for cause I wanted them, and their doing really well!  They are:

...and Sora.
Out of those, I think Bowser Jr. and Lucario have the best chance. I see Ridley more as a boss in the SSE, and Krystal as an Assist Trophy.

Wow you are crazy.
...Friend codes were probably implemented by the same people who wanted tripping in Brawl...
...It's quite obvious...

Light

Quote from: Ridley on January 20, 2008, 01:22:08 PM

...and Sora.

Wow you are crazy.
You make an accusation, and have no evidence - other than that quote - to back it up? I just stated what I thought. Ridley has a small chance of being a playable character; however - as I see him as a larger creature - I think he has a larger chance of being a boss.

Neerb

Quote from: LightningSword on January 20, 2008, 03:28:41 PM

...and Sora.

Wow you are crazy.
You make an accusation, and have no evidence - other than that quote - to back it up? I just stated what I thought. Ridley has a small chance of being a playable character; however - as I see him as a larger creature - I think he has a larger chance of being a boss.

As a small green swordsman once said, "Size matters not."  I think they could easily re-size Ridley to be as big as Bowser, just like the 1" tall Olimar is now bigger than Pikachu.  Plus he has the most votes.  Also, seeing as how Star Fox definately deserves a new character, Smash needs more girls, and Krystal is the most popular Star Fox character who also just happens to be a girl, I'd say Krystal will probably be playable.

Light

Quote from: Smash Bro 25 on January 20, 2008, 04:10:19 PM

...and Sora.

Wow you are crazy.

As a small green swordsman once said, "Size matters not."  I think they could easily re-size Ridley to be as big as Bowser, just like the 1" tall Olimar is now bigger than Pikachu.  Plus he has the most votes.  Also, seeing as how Star Fox definately deserves a new character, Smash needs more girls, and Krystal is the most popular Star Fox character who also just happens to be a girl, I'd say Krystal will probably be playable.
1) Jedi, not swordsman.
2) Votes on an insignificant poll that Sakurai will most likely not see have no impact on the game's playable characters.
3) Other female characters are more deserving than Krystal, such as Animal Crosser (alt costume = female) and Midna.

Triforce_Luigi

Quote from: LightningSword on January 20, 2008, 05:19:46 PM

...and Sora.

Wow you are crazy.

1) Jedi, not swordsman.
2) Votes on an insignificant poll that Sakurai will most likely not see have no impact on the game's playable characters.
3) Other female characters are more deserving than Krystal, such as Animal Crosser (alt costume = female) and Midna.

Okay, how is Midna more important than Krystal? Midna has appeared in one game, and though she could be unique, I see her more as an Assist Trophy. Krystal has been in three games (being a possible love interest in all of them) , could easily have a unique moveset with her staff, and would serve as a third Star Fox rep.

Neerb

...and Sora.

Wow you are crazy.

1) Jedi, not swordsman.

Jedi have swords, therefore he's a swordsman. And yes, a lightsaber is technically a sword.

More on the subject, Ridley isn't just popular on this thread; he's an extremely wanted and deserving character.  Also, you've obviously never played half the Star Fox games.  Saying that Midna deserves it more than Krystal is like saying Mewtwo deserves it more than Pikachu:  Krystal and Pika are more important, more important, more popular, and have been around longer.  It is possible that both Krystal AND Midna will make it, but Krystal's chances are better than Lucario's, while Midna's are about as much as Tingle's.

Light

I rest my case. You seem a firm believer in your convictions. Oh - by the way - you used one point twice in your defense. I want to see if you can find it. ;)

Cornwad

Ugh. Eggplant Wizard still hasn't been corrected :(
Who else voted for him? ;D

Shujinco2

Quote from: Cornwad on January 20, 2008, 08:45:48 PM
Wow, Mr. Namco has more votes than Eggplant Wizard! I...Wasn't expecting that! 0_o

Cornwad

Quote from: Shujinco on January 20, 2008, 08:48:09 PM
Quote from: Cornwad on January 20, 2008, 08:45:48 PM
Wow, Mr. Namco has more votes than Eggplant Wizard! I...Wasn't expecting that! 0_o

People are just veggists. "LOL WUT IZ THAT THING IT CaNT FITE ITZ A VEGGIE!1!"
Yup. Thats the only reason ;)
The saddest part is more people can recognize Ronald McDonald than Eggplant Wizard. :'(
What is this world coming to?

Apollo

Quote from: Smash Bro 25 on January 20, 2008, 05:45:12 PM

...and Sora.

Wow you are crazy.

1) Jedi, not swordsman.

Jedi have swords, therefore he's a swordsman. And yes, a lightsaber is technically a sword.

More on the subject, Ridley isn't just popular on this thread; he's an extremely wanted and deserving character.  Also, you've obviously never played half the Star Fox games.  Saying that Midna deserves it more than Krystal is like saying Mewtwo deserves it more than Pikachu:  Krystal and Pika are more important, more important, more popular, and have been around longer.  It is possible that both Krystal AND Midna will make it, but Krystal's chances are better than Lucario's, while Midna's are about as much as Tingle's.
im sorry but im also a firm believer that Ridley should be a BOSS, nothing more.
As for Krystal and Midna
I dont think either of them deserve to be playable but Midna deserves it more:
Twilight Princess was more successful
Midna served a more important role
Krystal has the same chances as Wolf, Slippy, and Peppy

Cornwad

Quote from: Smash Bro 25 on January 20, 2008, 05:45:12 PM

...and Sora.

Wow you are crazy.

1) Jedi, not swordsman.

Well technically Mewtwo and Pikachu have been around for just as long as each other...
But I agree with you none the less.