Previous topic - Next topic

CuccoGuy

Quote from: Cornwad on February 08, 2008, 03:04:57 PM
Quote from: tibar7 on February 08, 2008, 02:58:58 PM
Quote from: Cornwad on February 08, 2008, 02:55:25 PM
Quote from: tibar7 on February 08, 2008, 02:48:59 PM
Quote from: Cornwad on February 08, 2008, 02:24:29 PM
Quote from: tibar7 on February 08, 2008, 02:22:35 PM
how much do i have to f*ckin' tell everyone?

there's are no clones in brawl!
That would be true, if it wern't for the fact that there are quite a few clones ::)
a clone is a playable character that completely has the same moveset as another character.
ex in melee: falco to fox, pichu to pikachu.
if u go on youtube u can see most of wolf's moves are different from fox's. falco has a few different moves from fox. lucas has pk freeze instead of ness's pk crush plus he has his own rope snake. and toon link has some different moves from link as well. just cuz they have the same final smash dosen't mean they're clones.
You mean like how Y. Link wasn't a clone of Link because he had fire arrows, and Ganondorf wasn't a clone because his Strong >A was different than Falcons?
no toon link was from WindWaker game and will have his own weapons from that game. if u see ganon fight in brawl on you tube his move set has changed the most out of anybody's.
Yep, instead of using the Clawshot, Hero's Bow, Gale Boomerang, Spin Attack, and Bomb, Toon Link uses the Hookshot, Bow, Boomerange, Spin Attack, and Bomb.

Not to mention instead of using Falcon Punch, Falcon Kick, Falcon Dive, and Raptor Boost, Ganondorf now uses Warlock Punch, Wizard's Foot, Dark Dive, and Gerudo Dragon.
Exactly. I don't care if the range, look, or power of the move is different. If it has a similar moveset with moves performed like the move of their original, it's a clone. Luigi is an exception with his different styles.

Cornwad

Quote from: tibar7 on February 08, 2008, 03:20:05 PM
just forget it. if u want to think there are clones that's fine. i know and believe the truth!
If they have similar moves, they are clones. Link and Toon Link nearly the same moves, they just have different speed, power, height, and jumping abilities. Kinda like how Link and Y. Link were just a little different in Melee. If you want to think there are no clones that's fine. I know and belive the truth!

tibar7

Quote from: CuccoGuy on February 08, 2008, 03:22:18 PM

That would be true, if it wern't for the fact that there are quite a few clones ::)
a clone is a playable character that completely has the same moveset as another character.
if u go on youtube u can see most of wolf's moves are different from fox's. falco has a few different moves from fox. lucas has pk freeze instead of ness's pk crush plus he has his own rope snake. and toon link has some different moves from link as well. just cuz they have the same final smash dosen't mean they're clones.
You mean like how Y. Link wasn't a clone of Link because he had fire arrows, and Ganondorf wasn't a clone because his Strong >A was different than Falcons?
no toon link was from WindWaker game and will have his own weapons from that game. if u see ganon fight in brawl on you tube his move set has changed the most out of anybody's.
Yep, instead of using the Clawshot, Hero's Bow, Gale Boomerang, Spin Attack, and Bomb, Toon Link uses the Hookshot, Bow, Boomerange, Spin Attack, and Bomb.

Not to mention instead of using Falcon Punch, Falcon Kick, Falcon Dive, and Raptor Boost, Ganondorf now uses Warlock Punch, Wizard's Foot, Dark Dive, and Gerudo Dragon.
Exactly. I don't care if the range, look, or power of the move is different. If it has a similar moveset with moves performed like the move of their original, it's a clone. Luigi is an exception with his different styles.
it must suck to be someone who makes this game sound worse than it is. this game will be the best ever and there are no clones.
The Brawl Shenanigans -Tibar's Team

I know, my sig is just awesome! Die spoiler rule!

Cornwad

Quote from: tibar7 on February 08, 2008, 03:25:16 PM

it must suck to be someone who makes this game sound worse than it is. this game will be the best ever and there are no clones.
Who says clones make the game worse? I was one of the people who wasn't mad about the 35 roster... Clones were in Melee, and people have been playing it for years. And there are clones.

tibar7

Quote from: Cornwad on February 08, 2008, 03:26:41 PM

Who says clones make the game worse? I was one of the people who wasn't mad about the 35 roster... Clones were in Melee, and people have been playing it for years. And there are clones.
clones make it seem like there's a lesser amount of characters and there are no characters that have the same exact movesets. there's a difference.

Cornwad

Quote from: tibar7 on February 08, 2008, 03:28:58 PM

clones make it seem like there's a lesser amount of characters and there are no characters that have the same exact movesets. there's a difference.
So according to you... Ganon wasn't a clone in Melee? He didn't have the exact same moves as C. Falcon >_>

tibar7

Quote from: Cornwad on February 08, 2008, 03:30:28 PM

So according to you... Ganon wasn't a clone in Melee? He didn't have the exact same moves as C. Falcon >_>
ganon was clone in melee, but not in brawl. sigh, i give up

Cornwad

Quote from: tibar7 on February 08, 2008, 03:34:22 PM
Quote from: Cornwad on February 08, 2008, 03:30:28 PM

ganon was clone in melee, but not in brawl. sigh, i give up
But you just said none of the characters in Brawl have identical movesets, so none of them are clones. Ganon's moveset was not identical to Falcon's in Melee ::)

HTA!

Nayrman

Quote from: Hector_the_Axe on February 08, 2008, 04:09:20 PM
Tibar = Idiot  :|
how can he say there are no clones? There are at least two full clones in this game (four total clones if you count Falco and Wolf, which I don't since other than the annoyingly same FS, they're pretty different).
Toon Link = why bother at this point. Seriously, we don't need two links, even if one is cel shaded and the other isn't .Unless he's completely origional (which, how could he in any way?) he's dead weight.

Ganondorf = WHY THE HELL DOES SAKURAI HATE THIS GUY!? Making him the same as a character in a completely seperate franchise and moves that don't fit him! I don't remember dorf using hand to hand combat, he uses a sword and magic! They even use his sword in his taunt! Why won't they give it too him! His slowness and terrible recovery more than warrant a longer reach

HTA!

Quote from: Nayrman on February 08, 2008, 04:15:15 PM
how can he say there are no clones? There are at least two full clones in this game (four total clones if you count Falco and Wolf, which I don't since other than the annoyingly same FS, they're pretty different).
Toon Link = why bother at this point. Seriously, we don't need two links, even if one is cel shaded and the other isn't .Unless he's completely origional (which, how could he in any way?) he's dead weight.

Ganondorf = WHY THE HELL DOES SAKURAI HATE THIS GUY!? Making him the same as a character in a completely seperate franchise and moves that don't fit him! I don't remember dorf using hand to hand combat, he uses a sword and magic! They even use his sword in his taunt! Why won't they give it too him! His slowness and terrible recovery more than warrant a longer reach
Thats my one disappointment besides Hector...

I cant believe Gdorf stayed the same...

Nayrman

Quote from: Hector_the_Axe on February 08, 2008, 04:17:49 PM

He was my second main in Melee, and they ruined him! My two main dissappointments character wise:
1. The good characters barely got nerfed. Fox and Marth are as good as ever, perhaps even better. Not to mention Wolf seems to be too powerful for his own good, and he's based of Fox
2. Clones still in. In fact, they made Ganondorf worse!

HTA!

Quote from: Nayrman on February 08, 2008, 04:19:55 PM

He was my second main in Melee, and they ruined him! My two main dissappointments character wise:
1. The good characters barely got nerfed. Fox and Marth are as good as ever, perhaps even better. Not to mention Wolf seems to be too powerful for his own good, and he's based of Fox
Good for Marth, bad for Ganon =(
FE got screwed big time.
So did Metroid.

Nayrman

Quote from: Hector_the_Axe on February 08, 2008, 04:22:31 PM

FE got screwed big time.
So did Metroid.
And sakurai said he likes FE and wanted more Metroid reps...while we get a secondary character and Ike to replace Roy...
I just wanna know what happened to Sigurd...he was supposed to be in Smash 1!!!

HTA!

Quote from: Nayrman on February 08, 2008, 04:24:31 PM
Quote from: Hector_the_Axe on February 08, 2008, 04:22:31 PM

FE got screwed big time.
So did Metroid.
And sakurai said he likes FE and wanted more Metroid reps...while we get a secondary character and Ike to replace Roy...
I just wanna know what happened to Sigurd...he was supposed to be in Smash 1!!!
Have they gotten the "You have unlocked all characters!" message yet?
Im not sure, put the really pi**** me off.
And i would hvae bet money on Ridley.... ahh well....