News:

ASSUMING DIRECT CONTROL.

Main Menu

Third-Parties

Started by tibar7, February 09, 2008, 09:12:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

How do you feel about the number of third party characters as playables in brawl?

Perfect
3 (8.3%)
pretty good
13 (36.1%)
okay
16 (44.4%)
shoulda been a whole lot more
3 (8.3%)
shouldn't have been any third-parties in the first place
1 (2.8%)

Total Members Voted: 36

Voting closed: February 19, 2008, 09:12:47 AM

tollhouse2006

Quote from: Shujinco on February 10, 2008, 08:33:07 PM
Quote from: tollhouse2006 on February 10, 2008, 08:19:48 PM
Quote from: Shujinco on February 10, 2008, 08:08:35 PM
Quote from: Java_Java on February 10, 2008, 08:01:07 PM
Quote from: tibar7 on February 09, 2008, 11:05:26 AM
Quote from: Tuppyluver1 on February 09, 2008, 10:59:46 AM
Quote from: tibar7 on February 09, 2008, 10:56:14 AM
two resons why megaman shouldn't be in:

1) he's a cartoon character that has only been in handheld games.
2) that's the dumbest name i've ever heard. "megaman" if it wasn't the name of a cartoon character it would make a really stupid username for a social networking site. it ranks right up there with other dumb usernames i've seen:

cheesedork
cheesebob123
inuyasha_ramen_lover (used to be skye's username)

Do your research.

He was on consoles first.
he was mostly on handhelds though, and i wouldn't waste my time researching something from sega
1) He WAS on counsles, but yeah, mostly on handhelds. But I see no revalance of the previous.
2) Yeah, he's a cartoon character, but so is pikachu, sonic and kirby. :-\
3) "Megaman" isn't as dumb as "Mr. Game and Watch", yet "Mr. Game & Watch" made for a pretty decent character! :)

That's insulting Game & Watch by alot.  You realize that he's the one that started it all for Nintendo.  His creator created the first Gameboy.  See how insignificant Megaman is in comparison?
Grrr, READ when I post something.

I never said ANYTHING about Mr. G&W being UNIMPORTANT, I was saying "Mr. Game and Watch is a dumb name", and "Even though he has a VERY weird name, he's still a decent character." Same could go for Megaman. "His name SOUNDS dumb, but he COULD be a decent character!" :)

Gawd, READ peoples!
That doesn't matter.  You still insulted G&W
Friend Code: 2622-1690-4267  Finally have wifi

Cornwad

Quote from: Tuppyluver1 on February 10, 2008, 08:34:25 PM
What else would you name Mr. Game and Watch?

His moveset is derived from several Game and Watch games.

Game & Watch Guy ;D

Is Tibar banned or something? I havn't seen him in a while.

tollhouse2006

Quote from: Cornwad on February 11, 2008, 04:33:33 AM

Game & Watch Guy ;D

No he's not.  I would know because I know him personally.  Also if you were to make G&W a new name I recommend Mr. Game & Watch Dude. :D
Friend Code: 2622-1690-4267  Finally have wifi

Shujinco2

Quote from: tollhouse2006 on February 11, 2008, 04:38:25 AM
Quote from: Cornwad on February 11, 2008, 04:33:33 AM

Game & Watch Guy ;D

No he's not.  I would know because I know him personally.  Also if you were to make G&W a new name I recommend Mr. Game & Watch Dude. :D
That would be epic. :D

tibar7

Iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii'm Back! Mr. G&W is what got video games started and megaman is some insinifigant cartoon character that dosen't even have good games.
The Brawl Shenanigans -Tibar's Team

I know, my sig is just awesome! Die spoiler rule!

Tupin

Quote from: tibar7 on February 11, 2008, 05:58:08 AM
Iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii'm Back! Mr. G&W is what got video games started and megaman is some insinifigant cartoon character that dosen't even have good games.
Try playing some Megaman in NFES.

There's 6 games on the NES alone. Pick one.

Quote from: SkyMyl
Tuppy frightens me with his knowledge of legacy technology.

Red

He had 6 games on the NES, 12 games on SNES 3 games on N64 2 games on GC and 8 games on PS2. Insignificant? I laugh at your ignorance. He is one of the most popular video game characters ever. He had 6 games on hand held. Big whoop. Cartoon? The series came 15 or so years after his first video game. Doesn't have good games? That is an opinion. I love his games, they are some of my favorites. :|

Rius

2) that's the dumbest name i've ever heard. "megaman" if it wasn't the name of a cartoon character it would make a really stupid username for a social networking site. it ranks right up there with other dumb usernames i've seen:

cheesedork
cheesebob123

Do your research.

he was mostly on handhelds though, and i wouldn't waste my time researching something from sega
If I were to ever call someone idiot...

1) Unlike Sonic, Mega Man originated on a Nintendo console and his first 12 games were on Nintendo consoles.
2) Unlike Snake, when the majority of Mega Man's console games moved to the Playstation, plenty of his games were still released on the Nintendo handhelds.
3) Mega Man has 107 games, not including crossover titles.
4) Mega Man has a moveset erady, since he has been in more fighting games than either Snake or Sonic. Oh, he also has more games on Nintendo consoles then both combined and tripled.
5) He is Capcom's best selling character and mascot.
6) He, Bomberman, and Pac Man were already in Nintendo crossovers:
        Mega Man: In the TV series Captain N: The Game Master, which is considered by some as Smash Bros. spiritual ancestor.
        Bomberman: Wario Blast, opposite Wario of course.
        Pac Man: Mario Kart Arcade GP, as a playable racer.

Obviously, I'm disappointed with the third party roster, if it can be called that. :-\

Cornwad

Quote from: NINNIN6 on February 11, 2008, 07:23:03 AM

cheesedork
cheesebob123

Do your research.

If I were to ever call someone idiot...

1) Unlike Sonic, Mega Man originated on a Nintendo console and his first 12 games were on Nintendo consoles.
2) Unlike Snake, when the majority of Mega Man's console games moved to the Playstation, plenty of his games were still released on the Nintendo handhelds.
3) Mega Man has 107 games, not including crossover titles.
4) Mega Man has a moveset erady, since he has been in more fighting games than either Snake or Sonic. Oh, he also has more games on Nintendo consoles then both combined and tripled.
5) He is Capcom's best selling character and mascot.
6) He, Bomberman, and Pac Man were already in Nintendo crossovers:
        Mega Man: In the TV series Captain N: The Game Master, which is considered by some as Smash Bros. spiritual ancestor.
        Bomberman: Wario Blast, opposite Wario of course.
        Pac Man: Mario Kart Arcade GP, as a playable racer.

Obviously, I'm disappointed with the third party roster, if it can be called that. :-\
Too bad Nintendo ignores Captian N almost completly :(
They should make a game based on that show!
Play as Pit, Captain N, Simon Belmont, Mega Man, and all the rest of the gang as they travel the video game world trying to take down Mother Brain and Eggplant Wizard.
That would be epicicarus :)

Cornwad

Yep, Smash Bros. is only for characters that are incredibly significant to gaming history and have the best games ever. Like the Ice Climbers :)

Oren

Quote from: Cornwad on February 11, 2008, 08:06:38 AM

Yep, Smash Bros. is only for characters that are incredibly significant to gaming history and have the best games ever. Like the Ice Climbers :)
yep ice climber would be a good game if you did not have to jump

SWORD21

I'm actually fine with 2 third-parties. I wouldn't really want any more except for maybe Geno.