NSF vs NS2 strikes back/Return of the thread (Vote if you still want to do this)

Started by Dawei, February 23, 2008, 07:23:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Macawmoses

tibar7

in case my sign up before NSF was stolen is gone sign me up again. i'm gettin wi-fi in a while.
The Brawl Shenanigans -Tibar's Team

I know, my sig is just awesome! Die spoiler rule!

Thirdkoopa

Alright, I'm not joining any of the two since I'm more even but I'll just give out a friendly good luck for everyone, and good luck to mackormoses and dawei on running this.
[21:11] <mackormoses> let's take a look at today's stats
[21:11] <Rosencrantz> stats today are high
[21:11] <mackormoses> holy intercourse ing poop
[21:11] <Rosencrantz> you adding all these standards
[21:11] <Rosencrantz> is really pushing us [/quote]
Quote from: JrDude φ on May 31, 2010, 08:32:13 PM
3 of my friends smoke weed. Why? Well I asked one time, and this is what they said: "Because I can blow out smoke and it makes me feel like a intercourse ing dragon"

Someguy13

I think I'll sit this one out. Being a member of both forums and all. I'll help you guys train (if you call playing a video game training) though

Ultra_Luigi

I see that you guys have established your very own ladder rankings. I?m sorry for bumping this but I wanted to let you guys know that his battle isn?t dead. I?m still very interested in having a forum battle and I?m sure our top players would be interested as well.

I?ve been looking into the whole online tournament hosting scenario and from the tournaments I?ve competed in, I?ve come to the conclusion that online tournaments take way too long. You?d think that they would be finished within half the time of an offline tournament due to not having a shortage in televisions and Wii systems but that?s not the case. I?ve competed in about 3 tournaments and none of them have finished yet and they began several weeks ago. That?s ridiculous if you ask me. It may be due to poor management, I really don?t know. What I do know is that I?ve lost interest in them. They are nowhere near as good as offline tournaments, be it due to how long they take and also due to button delay and lag.

Now where am I getting with all of this? I?m going to suggest keeping the members of each forum down to the top 10 because I don?t want it to take that long. 10 is a reasonable number in my opinion. You could use the top 10 members of your ladder while we come up with our top 10 (a lot of good players don?t compete in the NS2 ladder so it?s not accurate).

That?s all I wanted to say.

Ridley

Quote from: Ultra_Luigi on April 03, 2008, 08:39:47 AM
I see that you guys have established your very own ladder rankings. I?m sorry for bumping this but I wanted to let you guys know that his battle isn?t dead. I?m still very interested in having a forum battle and I?m sure our top players would be interested as well.

I?ve been looking into the whole online tournament hosting scenario and from the tournaments I?ve competed in, I?ve come to the conclusion that online tournaments take way too long. You?d think that they would be finished within half the time of an offline tournament due to not having a shortage in televisions and Wii systems but that?s not the case. I?ve competed in about 3 tournaments and none of them have finished yet and they began several weeks ago. That?s ridiculous if you ask me. It may be due to poor management, I really don?t know. What I do know is that I?ve lost interest in them. They are nowhere near as good as offline tournaments, be it due to how long they take and also due to button delay and lag.

Now where am I getting with all of this? I?m going to suggest keeping the members of each forum down to the top 10 because I don?t want it to take that long. 10 is a reasonable number in my opinion. You could use the top 10 members of your ladder while we come up with our top 10 (a lot of good players don?t compete in the NS2 ladder so it?s not accurate).

That?s all I wanted to say.

I don't think that would work out to well here since some of our good players didn't participate in the ladder and the fact that the ladder is a complete mess at the moment.
...Friend codes were probably implemented by the same people who wanted tripping in Brawl...
...It's quite obvious...

Ultra_Luigi

Quote from: Ridley on April 03, 2008, 08:51:43 AM
I don't think that would work out to well here since some of our good players didn't participate in the ladder and the fact that the ladder is a complete mess at the moment.
Then just get your top 10 ready by the time a date has been decided. It won?t take place tomorrow or next week. I?m thinking within several weeks or at least when both forums have come up with a list of their top 10 representatives. I don?t want this to be rushed.

Shujinco2

Man, this sucks, I don't even have a wii yet, let alone online OR Brawl yet, which means I might not even be able to participate anyway. :'(

However, I'm trying my hardest to get Brawl, a wii, and online for it, so don't fret! Shujinco will be here..............eventually. :-\

SkyMyl

Ummm...unless someone tells me when this is starting or what and how this will work, I might drop out.

Kilroy

1984 WAS SUPPOSED TO BE AN INSTRUCTION NOT MANUAL
"yes you are anusface, but i am better than!!" - taw, steam forums
 FOR NSF MASCOT

Dawei

Glad to see you are still interested in it.

I do want to say I'm a little hesitant in continuing this though. 1, for the reason's you have listed, but also for the fact that I'd like to save us some dignity. I'll be honest, you guys would destroy us.

But if our members really want keep at it, I won't stop them.

Macawmoses

I don't mind the bump at all :P

As it is, I hate the tourneys....the wifi clearly sucks.....blah.

As it is, we will likely get raped, unless Star, Dawei, Playat, etc. help us dominate. I don't make the top ten, and I never will, but if you all have the spirit, then I don't have an issue with this at all.

Your decision NSF users.

HTA!

Quote from: mackormoses on April 03, 2008, 03:11:56 PM
I don't mind the bump at all :P

As it is, I hate the tourneys....the wifi clearly sucks.....blah.

As it is, we will likely get raped, unless Star, Dawei, Playat, etc. help us dominate. I don't make the top ten, and I never will, but if you all have the spirit, then I don't have an issue with this at all.

Your decision NSF users.
Star leaves a lot to be desired.  ::)
Pick me =p

There are a few good players at NS2.... notably OniLink who is rape with Toon Link.
Although, from what I can tell none of them are that seriouslyahead of us, if even at out top 5's level.

We'll see.

Kilroy

Many people haven't played against me as my heavier characters, mainly Snake. Depending on who's playing, I'd have to use Olimar. Normally, Snake is good, but if there's someone like Toon Link or Kirby, I'm screwed with Snake.
1984 WAS SUPPOSED TO BE AN INSTRUCTION NOT MANUAL
"yes you are anusface, but i am better than!!" - taw, steam forums
 FOR NSF MASCOT