Main Menu

Easiest (Or only >_>) Way to beat *Spoiler mode* on Very hard and Intense?

Started by WiinolikePS3, March 29, 2008, 04:27:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WiinolikePS3

How the heck do you beat [spoiler]Boss Rush[/spoiler] in Very Hard and Intense???

Charizard's Rock Smash is great, but I can't keep him alive long enough to make it all the way through. Do I just need to call him back right before I get hit? Is there a better way?

Kilroy

Uh, use your best character?

I was able to do it with Olimar, BARELY, because he's so light, but I made it through.
1984 WAS SUPPOSED TO BE AN INSTRUCTION NOT MANUAL
"yes you are anusface, but i am better than!!" - taw, steam forums
 FOR NSF MASCOT

Cornwad

Quote from: WiinolikePS3 on March 29, 2008, 04:27:18 PM
How the heck do you beat [spoiler]Boss Rush[/spoiler] in Very Hard and Intense???

Charizard's Rock Smash is great, but I can't keep him alive long enough to make it all the way through. Do I just need to call him back right before I get hit? Is there a better way?
I havn't beaten Intense, but on very hard I just abused Fox's air kicks.

WiinolikePS3

Quote from: Olimar on March 29, 2008, 04:28:39 PM
Uh, use your best character?

I was able to do it with Olimar, BARELY, because he's so light, but I made it through.

Meh, my problem is probably that I'm not used to conserving health.

I'd probably be fine on Hard and Intense if I was just more careful.

SkyMyl

All right! Someone knows about the Rock Smash Ownage!

I just use [spoiler]Toon Link's Downward Thrust.[/spoiler] Sometimes it doesn't work, sometimes it does. I'm trying it on intense, however. :( I fail at it. Porky always kills me!

Triforceman22

Use....

YOSHI! :O

His flutter kick is a life saver!
I beat it on very hard with him, but not intense

QuoteRobotnik: GET A LOAD OF THIS!!!!!!!!

HTA!

Same as above, I used Yoshi but only on Hard.
His U-tilt and flutter kick are great.

Triforceman22

Quote from: Hector_the_Axe on March 29, 2008, 06:11:16 PM

I was really suprised...
When I did it on easy really easily, I went to very hard mode.
And beat it!
Something not even my main could do!

QuoteRobotnik: GET A LOAD OF THIS!!!!!!!!

boo(deno12)

Brawl FC: 0774-3910-9195
www.Revolutionists.co.nr

Ridley

Quote from: Triforceman22 on March 29, 2008, 06:14:38 PM
Quote from: Hector_the_Axe on March 29, 2008, 06:11:16 PM

I was really suprised...
When I did it on easy really easily, I went to very hard mode.
And beat it!
Something not even my main could do!

Here is a tip. Use Yoshi's up ariel insted. 2 up ariels do the same damage with less lag and you can sometimes do threee if you time it right.
...Friend codes were probably implemented by the same people who wanted tripping in Brawl...
...It's quite obvious...

Triforce_Luigi

Some bosses have attacks that leave them very vulnerable. When fighting the hands, if they use the finger laser, it's like a godsend. You can kill them in seconds. When Tabuu becomes giant and shoots lasers, he stays in that one spot for quite a while. You can get in several attacks there.

An easy way to do Porky is to jump on top of his glass container. Then, just spam your down a. Of course, it's rather difficult to get on top.

If you use PT, when you get to Tabuu's Red Rings of Death, just switch Pokemon at the right moment and you should dodge all three rings.

For Duon, I normally keep my distance with projectiles (Toon Link's Boomerang does surprising damage), and wait for it to fire missiles. Then run up close and jump on top. If you do it right, the missiles will crash into Duon and do severe damage.

During the Meta Ridley fight, when he shoots a barrage of fireballs, go to the head of the ship. From there, you'll only need to jump one or two blasts while the rest fall remarkably short.

Another way to dodge Tabuu's insta-kill is to go a little to his side. When the rings come, roll dodge so that you are right underneath him. If you timed the dodge right, then you'll avoid the first ring. The other two rings will only send you straight down, so you'll be safe on the stage.

When fighting Petey, it's easier to just attack him instead of the cages. Not only is he easier to hit, but his attacks won't reach you there. When he jumps, you just roll dodge so that you escape the hit.

On most of the bosses, using Toon Link will make things slightly easier. If you want to keep your distance, he has several projectiles. His boomerang does some decent damage. If you want to rush in close, just use his downward thrust. It's easy to use repeatedly and you'll usually get two hits in.

I should make a boss FAQ...

Kilroy

WHY DOESN'T ANYONE UNDERSTAND.

JUST USE YOUR MAIN.

AND YOU'LL BE FINE.
 FOR NSF MASCOT

Triforce_Luigi

Quote from: Olimar on March 30, 2008, 02:35:19 PM

JUST USE YOUR MAIN.

AND YOU'LL BE FINE.

That doesn't work with everyone. I main Pit. So I tried using Pit on Intense Boss Rush. Duon happened to be the first boss I face. Less than a minute later, I died. >_>

Kilroy

Quote from: Triforce_Luigi on March 30, 2008, 02:38:13 PM

JUST USE YOUR MAIN.

AND YOU'LL BE FINE.

That doesn't work with everyone. I main Pit. So I tried using Pit on Intense Boss Rush. Duon happened to be the first boss I face. Less than a minute later, I died. >_>
Do you have a heavier main?

I couldn't do it with Olimar, but I was able to do it with Snake...
 FOR NSF MASCOT

Triforce_Luigi

Quote from: Olimar on March 30, 2008, 02:39:23 PM
Quote from: Triforce_Luigi on March 30, 2008, 02:38:13 PM

JUST USE YOUR MAIN.

AND YOU'LL BE FINE.

Do you have a heavier main?

I couldn't do it with Olimar, but I was able to do it with Snake...

Yes, I tried it with Ike. I died on Porky. >_> <_<