Main Menu

Toon Link needs another game....

Started by Tupin, April 05, 2008, 06:56:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

X-3

Quote from: Allegretto on July 27, 2008, 02:06:51 AM
Not emotionless, they just arent as much of a sissy as Toon Link

;)

You'd be a bit shocked if you were getting shot by some pirates into some keep. I know I would.
Also, TL is ten. And yet he still kicks major ass.

Tupin

Quote from: X-3 on July 27, 2008, 10:46:10 AM

;)

You'd be a bit shocked if you were getting shot by some pirates into some keep. I know I would.
Also, TL is ten. And yet he still kicks major ass.

I always thought he was 12 or 13 because that's when the Hero Clothes are traditionally given.

Quote from: SkyMyl
Tuppy frightens me with his knowledge of legacy technology.

SkyMyl

;)
Toon Link actually has facial expression, and actual body movement. TP Link...well, just look at the way he walks. He had some emotion...just not as much as Toon Link. :|

Quote from: Tuppyluver1 on July 27, 2008, 10:53:22 AM
I always thought he was 12 or 13 because that's when the Hero Clothes are traditionally given.
12, as Young Link was.

X-3

Ah, my mistake, got some plot details mixed up.

Still, TL is badass. It takes some balls to infiltrate a fortress of pure evil, especially considering he's that young.
Granted, Young Link is probably younger, and did really cool stuff too. Like saving Termina from being totally wrecked.

Meanwhile, we have TP Link, who felt more like a side-character who did little. Eh, I'm probably forgetting some stuff.

Back on topic, TL will likely appear in another game. More likely DS than Wii, but I could imagine a Wii game looking pretty neat.

QingXin

Anyone read my Sol Medallion thread? I guess you could replace the Adult Link in there with a Toon Link, but that wouldn't work out too well.

Also, this brought something into my mind. It seems that Toon Link's games are targetted moreso at Casual Gamers, as the dark toned Zelda games are targeted for Hardcore players.

Maybe when Miyamoto said that the next Zelda game would appeal to Casual players, it meant a new Toon Link adventure? Just a guess.

X-3

Quote from: TamJammerz on July 28, 2008, 06:38:44 AM
Anyone read my Sol Medallion thread? I guess you could replace the Adult Link in there with a Toon Link, but that wouldn't work out too well.

Also, this brought something into my mind. It seems that Toon Link's games are targetted moreso at Casual Gamers, as the dark toned Zelda games are targeted for Hardcore players.

Maybe when Miyamoto said that the next Zelda game would appeal to Casual players, it meant a new Toon Link adventure? Just a guess.

They are? I found TP easier than WW. Eh.

Might be. Or it just might have things like TP's fortune-telling thing. Guess we'll have to see.

Also, I haven't read your thread, but I'll probably read it soon.

Tupin

Quote from: X-3 on July 28, 2008, 08:17:03 AM

Might be. Or it just might have things like TP's fortune-telling thing. Guess we'll have to see.

TP was definitely easier than WW.

Yeah, I wish the Wii Zelda starred Toon Link. 

QingXin

Well let's face it... No hardcore gamer likes to freaking spend time traversing the vast seas to go from island to island :P

Also, the graphics no doubt appeal moreso to the Casual Gamer. If you hold TP and WW side by side, which one looks easier in the eyes of the Casual Gamer?

Tupin

Quote from: TamJammerz on July 28, 2008, 10:18:52 AM

Well let's face it... No hardcore gamer likes to freaking spend time traversing the vast seas to go from island to island :P

Also, the graphics no doubt appeal moreso to the Casual Gamer. If you hold TP and WW side by side, which one looks easier in the eyes of the Casual Gamer?
They would if they get to listen to some of the best music in the entire series while sailing.

Of course Windwaker appeals to the casual gamer, but looks can deceive. Windwaker was a LOT more difficult than TP IMO. The hardest dungeon in TP wasn't even that hard to figure out.

SkyMyl

Quote from: Tuppyluver1 on July 28, 2008, 10:25:27 AM
Quote from: TamJammerz on July 28, 2008, 10:18:52 AM

They would if they get to listen to some of the best music in the entire series while sailing.

Of course Windwaker appeals to the casual gamer, but looks can deceive. Windwaker was a LOT more difficult than TP IMO. The hardest dungeon in TP wasn't even that hard to figure out.
It took me a while to beat Wind Waker (About a year.) since its release. It only took me 3 weeks to beat Twilight Princess. The hardest part of that game was fighting 4 Darknuts at once, and IMO, it's not that hard too. The graphics were good, some of the scenes made Link look badass, but Wind Waker was Six times harder than TP.

Allegretto

Quote from: MasterYoungLink on July 27, 2008, 03:37:33 PM

;)
Toon Link actually has facial expression, and actual body movement. TP Link...well, just look at the way he walks. He had some emotion...just not as much as Toon Link. :|

12, as Young Link was.
Actually it never reveals young link or Links age

I always guessed him at around 8-9.

Also just let this thread die already ;_;

Also Wind waker is a very very easy Zelda title I beat it in 2 days, how did it take you a whole year ;_;

Tupin

Quote from: Allegretto on July 29, 2008, 08:48:54 PM

;)

12, as Young Link was.

Also Wind waker is a very very easy Zelda title I beat it in 2 days, how did it take you a whole year ;_;
Windwaker is one of the hardest 3D Zeldas.

Maybe he collected everything.

SkyMyl

Quote from: Tuppyluver1 on July 29, 2008, 09:51:14 PM

;)

12, as Young Link was.

Triforce hunting took a month and a half, I had to put the game down for a month, and I attempted to collect everything. And that took a while as well....-_-

TWO DAYS!? :|

QingXin

Quote from: Tuppyluver1 on July 28, 2008, 10:25:27 AM
I actually prefer TP's music...The Main Theme of TP was too epic, more epic than the Great Sea's sailing music. I also felt more of a thrill riding Epona on an open field than sailing on a ship in an endless array of water...

But that's just me.

Tupin

Quote from: MasterYoungLink on July 30, 2008, 04:30:25 AM
Quote from: Tuppyluver1 on July 29, 2008, 09:51:14 PM

;)

12, as Young Link was.

Triforce hunting took a month and a half, I had to put the game down for a month, and I attempted to collect everything. And that took a while as well....-_-

TWO DAYS!? :|
Well, you ARE speaking to the guy that has beaten OOT over 200 times.