14 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 28

Gwen Khan

I always trip at the worst possible time, both on the ground and in the air

Kilroy

Quote from: Jono2 on April 06, 2008, 03:13:01 PM
Quote from: Olimar on April 06, 2008, 02:59:09 PM
Quote from: Dawei on April 06, 2008, 10:42:33 AM
Unforunately, it's happened a lot for me.

JESUS FUCKING CHRIST SAKURAI WHY THE HELL DO YOU THINK ANYONE WOULD WANT TRIPPING IN THE GAME
Normal tripping is funny, otherwise, It's not.

normal tripping is only funny when you're playing with others noncompetitively, and even then it's just moronic.  it completely disrupts normal gameplay when you're trying to beat classic/all star mode, and it's just intercourse ing stupid.
It's never bothered me because it literally takes two seconds to get up, and it gives you a free tripping attack -_-
1984 WAS SUPPOSED TO BE AN INSTRUCTION NOT MANUAL
"yes you are anusface, but i am better than!!" - taw, steam forums
 FOR NSF MASCOT

Doodle

Once, because of Luigi. I was blasted off the stage and was coming back when Luigi does his Final Smash. I touch it and can't do anything but fall to my death. :(
YEAH

Jono2

Quote from: Olimar on April 07, 2008, 03:25:35 AM

JESUS FUCKING CHRIST SAKURAI WHY THE HELL DO YOU THINK ANYONE WOULD WANT TRIPPING IN THE GAME

normal tripping is only funny when you're playing with others noncompetitively, and even then it's just moronic.  it completely disrupts normal gameplay when you're trying to beat classic/all star mode, and it's just intercourse ing stupid.
It's never bothered me because it literally takes two seconds to get up, and it gives you a free tripping attack -_-

yes, but if you're in the middle of fighting someone and you trip, you can easily be punished in the time it takes you to hit the pavement.

Quote from: LinkXLR on January 30, 2008, 09:10:54 PM
Quote from: famy on January 30, 2008, 08:36:30 PM
is big willy unleashed a will smith game

...I'm not even gonna touch this one.

SteamID: Lazylen

Kilroy

Quote from: Jono2 on April 07, 2008, 12:18:00 PM

yes, but if you're in the middle of fighting someone and you trip, you can easily be punished in the time it takes you to hit the pavement.
Which saves you the three seconds of getting up.

Plus, free aerial attack.
 FOR NSF MASCOT

Jono2

Quote from: Olimar on April 08, 2008, 02:31:12 PM

what?

yes, it saves you the time of getting up, but you could easily get KO'd at the same time. :|

there's a tripping animation, you don't get time to attack mid-air while you fall. o_O

are you joking around? :P

Kilroy

Quote from: Jono2 on April 08, 2008, 02:33:48 PM
Quote from: Olimar on April 08, 2008, 02:31:12 PM

what?

yes, it saves you the time of getting up, but you could easily get KO'd at the same time. :|

there's a tripping animation, you don't get time to attack mid-air while you fall. o_O

are you joking around? :P
If you're at a high enough % to get KO'd from 3 seconds charge of a smash, you should be dead anyway. If you aren't dead, but at a pretty high percent, getting attacked after a trip should send you far, but if you fall back down to Earth towards them, you can get an aerial attack.

Wait a minute, which kind of tripping are we talking abut?
 FOR NSF MASCOT

CuccoGuy

Quote from: Jono2 on April 05, 2008, 09:37:04 PM
Quote from: JrDude on April 05, 2008, 09:35:52 PM
You mean where you're running then trip over nothing?

no, when you're in mid-air and you suddenly lose all ability to use a second or triple jump, and all you can do is careen to the ground, or worse, your death.

when you're in mid-air and you trip over nothing.
It's part of Luigis FS. It only affects the area covered. When you land, you are dizzy as if your shield broke. Normal tripping is stupid, thou it's actually saved me from certain death at times. I unlocked TL by tripping into him, I've avoided devastating hits, and such. It's hard to hit someone when they trip because it's so sudden and they get up quite fast (at least, I do). Though it's still stupid they put it in. If you trip in sudden death, it's over.

Triforceman22

My first air trip happened today.
It sucked. :(

QuoteRobotnik: GET A LOAD OF THIS!!!!!!!!

Jono2

Quote from: CuccoGuy on April 08, 2008, 03:03:12 PM

no, when you're in mid-air and you suddenly lose all ability to use a second or triple jump, and all you can do is careen to the ground, or worse, your death.

It's part of Luigis FS. It only affects the area covered. When you land, you are dizzy as if your shield broke. Normal tripping is stupid, thou it's actually saved me from certain death at times. I unlocked TL by tripping into him, I've avoided devastating hits, and such. It's hard to hit someone when they trip because it's so sudden and they get up quite fast (at least, I do). Though it's still stupid they put it in. If you trip in sudden death, it's over.

tripping in mid-air isn't part of Luigi's FS.  It's an in-game mechanic that just has a low% chance of happening (I'd figure it happens because when you use your second jump, it probably classifies the area directly underneath you as ground for a split second, and within that time frame you can trip).

Also, what?  you're saying that if you're at a high%, you should die anyways because you got that high?  that makes no sense.  Lucario much?

Also, Ike's Fsmash.

also, Marth's broken Fair combo.

also, if you trip near the edge, mario can push you off with the fludd and you die instantly.

Kilroy

Quote from: Jono2 on April 08, 2008, 03:46:02 PM
Quote from: CuccoGuy on April 08, 2008, 03:03:12 PM

Also, what?  you're saying that if you're at a high%, you should die anyways because you got that high?  that makes no sense.  Lucario much?
Lucario doesn't NEED to be that high. I'm talking about over 150%. Really, past that, just die. You're probably pissing the hell out of the idiot that can't kill you.

Also, on a side note, Lucario over 70% is fine. Anything over 120% is overkill. There's a reason why that one event match was so easy -_-
 FOR NSF MASCOT

Jono2

you're saying that if I have 150%, i should let the person kill me?

what's the reasoning behind that? you want to survive as long as possible, if I'm playing the game correctly. :|

Kilroy

Quote from: Jono2 on April 08, 2008, 07:18:43 PM
you're saying that if I have 150%, i should let the person kill me?

what's the reasoning behind that? you want to survive as long as possible, if I'm playing the game correctly. :|
I'm not saying you should LET them, but really, if you got up that high, you're going to die momentarily (Unless they're playing as someone like Fox or Olimar). Again, I'm not saying let yourself die, but I'm not saying go into full power just to survive!
 FOR NSF MASCOT

Mutilator7

I'm not totally sure but i believe it has happened to me once, it's the equivelent of getting toadstool jumped in midair and you cannot do anything. why does sakurai hate us?

Jono2

Quote from: Mutilator7 on April 09, 2008, 11:13:49 AM
I'm not totally sure but i believe it has happened to me once, it's the equivelent of getting toadstool jumped in midair and you cannot do anything. why does sakurai hate us?

it's the equivalent, but you can recover from a footstool jump, you can't recover from air tripping.  you just keep falling to your death.