News:

<+Clu> Silverhawk79 is just wrong for me

Main Menu

Why does most of Nsider hate rap?

Started by phatyo, April 06, 2008, 07:50:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JMV

Because they think the stuff on the radio is the best rap has to offer when it's far from the truth.  The radio often plays some of the most horrible rap to be uttered.

If they took the effort to actually look for the real stuff they'd see that it's a great genre.
Boyah Forums | Join Boyah

Hero_Of_Time1

Shouldn't this be in the Arts disscusion?

I don't hate rap.
I don't like rap.
I like Outkast.
I love carpet.

えっちーせんぱい

Quote from: Kazooie-Banjo on April 06, 2008, 08:54:38 PM
Don't worry what Nsiders think about rap, or any other music for that matter. Most Nsiders don't really know jack poop about music anyway.

I don't hate rap at all...I enjoy a nice hip-hop beat, really, but the rap vocals are not my style. It simply doesn't fall into my tastes. No hard feelings against it, really.

Quote from: Blaziken on April 06, 2008, 07:59:32 PM
Rap is just stringing rhyming words together

Yes, typically with a beat and/or other musical backing, whether it be electronic or done with typical instruments. Sounds like music to me. Just because it's a different style doesn't mean it's not music.
Well, I still don't like the style.

Mystic

Quote from: JMV290 on April 06, 2008, 09:12:39 PM
Because they think the stuff on the radio is the best rap has to offer when it's far from the truth.  The radio often plays some of the most horrible rap to be uttered.

If they took the effort to actually look for the real stuff they'd see that it's a great genre.
The rap/hip-hop station here plays awesome music.

Kilroy

Well, if Rap Artists realized that lyrics about your life being intercourse ing awesome, or being intercourse ing poop, are both horrid ideas for lyrics. Their beat is normally fine, but if I like a rap song, I go and look for the "Instrumental"
1984 WAS SUPPOSED TO BE AN INSTRUCTION NOT MANUAL
"yes you are anusface, but i am better than!!" - taw, steam forums
 FOR NSF MASCOT

TheAnonymusElmo

Rap is different from Hip-Hop. Someone like Kayne West would be Hip-Hop, while someone like Jay-Z would be Rap
"I will flip in the air, open my cheeks, and take a crap on you"-Kid at school

Miiman56

When I first saw this post I thougt it said Why does most of Nsider hate rape?
Cuz thats a lie :|

Cardinal

Quote from: StateAardvark on April 06, 2008, 08:11:02 PM
The Good Life - Good Rap

Get Silly - GOD AWFUL

Good Life, as in Kayne West's song from Graduation?

Honey, please dig deeper into the genre if you think a song with T-Pain on it is good. :x

Doodle

I just don't like it. Don't really have a reason why.
YEAH

Zovistograt

I percieve it as mediocre poetry to an electronica beat that is slowed to a crawl, or at least beyond the point where it could be even considered house.  Since I enjoy hardcore/freeform/gabber and other types of quite speedy music, anything like that annoys me.  And for rap that does have a decent beat...it has to be funny for me to like it.  Most lyrics (even those said to not be the stereotypical "gangsta" type) in rap "songs" are entirely not my style at all, and I can't relate to most of them.  Not that I can relate to some of the ridiculous crap that is used in happy hardcore songs, but...you get my point.
"I lovat a gabber.  I could listen to maure and moravar again.  Regn onder river.  Flies do your float.  Thick is the life for mere." - James Joyce (Finnegans Wake, page 213)

Silverhawk79

Quote from: Im-Earthbound on April 06, 2008, 08:25:28 PM
Quote from: Tuppyluver1 on April 06, 2008, 07:51:46 PM
Some Nsiders just like Daft Punk too much, I guess....

alright, now that i got that out of the way.

I don't hate rap, but don't really listen to it.

Do you consider artists like Kanye West rappers or Hip-hop genre? cause I personally listen to hip-hop a lot more.

Only actual rapper that I really liked was probably Eminem, but his stuff is getting pretty old now.
I can handle some Eminem and a little Kanye, but that's about it.

JMV

Quote from: Olimar on April 07, 2008, 03:11:32 AM
Well, if Rap Artists realized that lyrics about your life being intercourse ing awesome, or being intercourse ing poop, are both horrid ideas for lyrics. Their beat is normally fine, but if I like a rap song, I go and look for the "Instrumental"
what about stuff that is about political and social issues.  they have different types of rap too.

there is rock that has political content and there is rock that is about doing cocaine and having sex.  What makes you think that rap doesn't having different subjects too?
Boyah Forums | Join Boyah

BOSSNIG

I don't really listen to it, but I don't hate it either. If you consider RATM Rap I do about every day then >_>, I don't consider them rap though.
IF U WERE KILLED TOMORROW, I WOULDNT GO 2 UR FUNERAL CUZ ID B N JAIL 4 KILLIN DA MOTHA FUKER THAT KILLED U!
..._.....____________________, ,
....../ `---___________----_____] = = = = = D
...../_==o;;;;;;;;_______.:/
.....), ---.(_(__) /
....// (..) ), ----"
...//___//
..//___//
.//___//

WE TRUE HOMIES
WE RIDE TOGETHER
WE DIE TOGETHER

Java

Quote from: Cardinal on April 07, 2008, 09:45:23 AM
Quote from: StateAardvark on April 06, 2008, 08:11:02 PM
The Good Life - Good Rap

Get Silly - GOD AWFUL

Good Life, as in Kayne West's song from Graduation?

Honey, please dig deeper into the genre if you think a song with T-Pain on it is good. :x
T-Pain.

Just hearing his fake voice makes me want to barf.  :-X