News:

Change is coming. HOPE CHANGE UNITY

Main Menu

You know what they should do?

Started by Triforceman22, April 08, 2008, 04:00:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Triforceman22

Make a sequel to the OOT and MM storyline.

Young Link finally returns to hyrule.
Only to see it as a wasteland. (Ganon's rampage)

So, he secretley goes on a mission to find the triforce (again..)
and defeat Ganondorf.

The final battle.
Ganondorf made two swords to combat Link.
(ones from WW,)

But Link cannot defeat Ganondorf.
with a last ditch effort, with the power of the fully restored triforce, The godesses flood Hyrule.

(Tying in WW's storyline)

So, yeah...
I think they should make a MM sequel...

QuoteRobotnik: GET A LOAD OF THIS!!!!!!!!

PsychoYoshi

Eh, we've had enough fanservice for a while--TP was clawing, groaning evidence of that one. I want to see something fresh and new using the Wii's controls before they decide to go back and explore the OoT/Split Timeline arc.

Tupin

Quote from: PsychoYoshi on April 08, 2008, 12:08:41 PM
Eh, we've had enough fanservice for a while--TP was clawing, groaning evidence of that one. I want to see something fresh and new using the Wii's controls before they decide to go back and explore the OoT/Split Timeline arc.
Yep, TP was perfect proof that fanservice isn't always good.

I'm still waiting for a steampunk styled Zelda where electricity and steam play a major part.

Quote from: SkyMyl
Tuppy frightens me with his knowledge of legacy technology.

BBQ

Quote from: Tuppyluver1 on April 08, 2008, 01:07:37 PM

I'm still waiting for a steampunk styled Zelda where electricity and steam play a major part.
Random question on TP... I'm at the final boss, gone through all the other stuff and all that, fun and great but...
I'm reluctant to actually finish the final battle because someone told me that after you beat it it's like... That's it? It doesn't have the same thing like with OoT.... That you can go back and finish collecting the poes f.e. and the bugs for that girl? Is that true or do I have a really cruel friend? As in it doesn't have the whole... "replay" option?

Tupin

Quote from: BBQ on April 08, 2008, 01:56:23 PM

Random question on TP... I'm at the final boss, gone through all the other stuff and all that, fun and great but...
I'm reluctant to actually finish the final battle because someone told me that after you beat it it's like... That's it? It doesn't have the same thing like with OoT.... That you can go back and finish collecting the poes f.e. and the bugs for that girl? Is that true or do I have a really cruel friend? As in it doesn't have the whole... "replay" option?
No replay function.

The most recent Zelda games never allow you to play in a peaceful Hyrule.

Windwaker was the first game to make sure you could never replay, so you would take your time to collect everything.

Also, I didn't know the Wii was released in Iceland.

Quote from: SkyMyl
Tuppy frightens me with his knowledge of legacy technology.

BBQ

Quote from: Tuppyluver1 on April 08, 2008, 02:04:19 PM

No replay function.

Windwaker was the first game to make sure you could never replay, so you would take your time to collect everything.

Also, I didn't know the Wii was released in Iceland.
:P Why wouldn't it be released here? It came out same time as it did in other european countries. Sure, nintendo isn't a big thing here in iceland but it has a fairly solidy fanbase. It's stupid, we have a population of 300.000 people or so, and maybe 10% like nintendo... (just random guessing) and yet.... Yet, they still can't have enough mario galaxy games for example for us to buy. I mean geeeeez... I don't wanna wait months for a new shipment. Anyway, I digress.

I don't like the whole... No replay function... I liked it in OoT that you could always go back even after beating Ganondorf, because I mean I dno... It just feels kinda silly, spending all that time collecting all the stuff in the game, then you beat the boss and what. That's it? If I wanted to start over, I made a new save and started from the beginning, that was the fun of it. Silly game.

THEBIRD

What do you mean, no replay? Once you win it starts you off right before the final boss. Which means you can go around and collect anything you want, view the shops, travel around on your horse. After I beat the boss I went around Hyrule and collected a few hearts I failed to get earlier. If you don't call that replay, I don't know what is...

Zelda_Masta

yeah... i remember being able to go back and collect stuff after i beat the game... and even if you couldnt, all you have to do is make a duplicate save file and you can beat the game on one save file and and collect eerything on the other not... not that difficult.

QuoteSTOP MAKING SHINY ELECTRONICS!!!  People always think things look better shinier...until they touch them and leave an ugly finger print on its sexy little case

Kaz

They should also make a game that secures itself as the first in the storyline, far before OoT. The forging of the Master Sword, Ganon's first attempt at taking the Triforce, etc.
Quote<+Mithos> My mom grounded me for being gay.

SkyMyl

>_<

I grow tired of these theories that make no sense.

Quote from: Kazooie-Banjo on April 08, 2008, 05:58:56 PM
They should also make a game that secures itself as the first in the storyline, far before OoT. The forging of the Master Sword, Ganon's first attempt at taking the Triforce, etc.
OoT has always been the first. As far back as you can go is the forging of the Master Sword. If you throw Ganondorf in, it's basically the same thing! And remember that the Link in OoT was the first Link.

Quote from: Tuppyluver1 on April 08, 2008, 02:04:19 PM
No replay function.

Wind Waker was the first game to make sure you could never replay, so you would take your time to collect everything.

Only one Zelda game allows you to replay and see a restored Setting. Oracle of Ages and Seasons allowed you to go back...and not beat the Final Boss, instead gaining the ability to own Ganon all over again. Everyone has different dialouge and they move to Labrynna/Holodrum, depending on the game you're on.

And the last quote of all!
Quote from: Triforceman22 on April 08, 2008, 04:00:48 AM
Make a sequel to the OOT and MM storyline.

Young Link finally returns to hyrule.
Only to see it as a wasteland. (Ganon's rampage)

So, he secretley goes on a mission to find the triforce (again..)
and defeat Ganondorf.

The final battle.
Ganondorf made two swords to combat Link.
(ones from WW,)

But Link cannot defeat Ganondorf.
with a last ditch effort, with the power of the fully restored triforce, The godesses flood Hyrule.

(Tying in WW's storyline)

So, yeah...
I think they should make a MM sequel...
Does that even seem Zelda at all? Doing this would be repeating the past, essentially.
And remember, we don't know WHICH Link was in Hyrule at the time of the flooding. They would have to recreate the WHOLE land of Hyrule, a new Ganon, Zelda, new dialouge, bosses, items, plot, and more. And a secret mission to recover the Triforce? Link obtains the Triforce, but Ganondorf always has Power, Zelda always has Wisdom, and Link has Courage. A secret mission straight out does not seem right. I don't think a MM Sequel would fit in the right way.

I think we've seen enough Fan Service and sequels. Just wait for what Nintendo actually has in store for us. In the meantime, go back and play OoT, MM, FSA, LttP, TLoZ, AoL, and WW. Learn a thing or two.

Gwen Khan

Quote from: MasterYoungLink on April 09, 2008, 08:32:34 AM

OoT has always been the first. As far back as you can go is the forging of the Master Sword. If you throw Ganondorf in, it's basically the same thing! And remember that the Link in OoT was the first Link.

I thought Minish Cap was the first?

SkyMyl

Quote from: Commissar Torgo on April 09, 2008, 08:36:19 AM

>:(

Here's one theory that people think:

MC->FS->FSA
        OoT->MM

The theory is much larger, but one way Four Swords could have Link #1 is if the Ganon from FSA is the Ganon in Link to the Past. If so, it's proof. But it's highly unlikely. OoT Link was the first. Why?

No one mentions the Hero of Time at all in OoT. Therefore, Ganon has not yet been slain in the past. That is your best proof there.

Gwen Khan

Quote from: MasterYoungLink on April 09, 2008, 08:54:19 AM

MC->FS->FSA
        OoT->MM

The theory is much larger, but one way Four Swords could have Link #1 is if the Ganon from FSA is the Ganon in Link to the Past. If so, it's proof. But it's highly unlikely. OoT Link was the first. Why?

No one mentions the Hero of Time at all in OoT. Therefore, Ganon has not yet been slain in the past. That is your best proof there.

I don't recall Gannon being in MC at all, and I believe it says why grass, bushes, etc, have rupees, ammo, etc in them, and has Vatti being imprisoned for the first time

SkyMyl

Quote from: Commissar Torgo on April 09, 2008, 09:03:52 AM
Quote from: MasterYoungLink on April 09, 2008, 08:54:19 AM

MC->FS->FSA
        OoT->MM

I don't recall Gannon being in MC at all, and I believe it says why grass, bushes, etc, have rupees, ammo, etc in them, and has Vatti being imprisoned for the first time

MC as the first. Ganon appears in FSA, which takes place after MC. I believe I noted that. I recall Vaati being sealed, sealed again, then killed, but I NEVER recall the grass/bushes/rocks/pots have rupees/ammo/fairies. Refresh me on that fact please.

OoT stands as the first.

Gwen Khan

I thought a Minish said at one point they said they hid stuff in grass, rock, etc for kids to find at the festival