Main Menu

The HTA Open- READ FRONT POST

Started by HTA!, May 06, 2008, 03:45:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

QingXin

FruitFlow

Quote from: Hector_the_Axe on May 06, 2008, 03:45:43 PM

Hello, and welcome to The HTA Open.
This is a doubles competition in which team work, skill, and being able to think on your feet are vital abilities if you want to win!

The rules are simple and the tournament will work as follows.
It is suggested you read ALL of the below.

Regulations-

Section 1- Match Specifics

1. Team Attack will be on, however, if both teams agree Team Attack may be turned off. In an instance where Team Attack is wanted by one team and discouraged by another, Team Attack ON will be used.
2. Both player in the team will be allotted 3 stocks, and each match will last no longer than 6 minutes.
3. There will be no items, although special item tournaments are a definite possibility.
4. Matches will be played in a best out of 3 fashion, except for the finals which will be a best out of 5.

Section 2- Courtesy, forfeits, and disqualifications

1. To begin a match, it is suggested you use the /#nsider for quick communication between team members and opposing teams.
2. You will have a total of 3 days in which the matches can be held for the current branch of the tourney.
3. If members of either team are not present in time for their match a few cases can occur.
     a.)If one person on each team is present, a 1 v 1 will decide who moves on.
     b.)If both people from one team have been prepared, and only one of the other team,
         then the first team moves on.
     c.)If neither team shows, both are disqualified.
4. Please make sure to arrange a time for you match as soon as the brackets have been posted.
5. Any attempt at lieing will result in instant disqualification.       

Section 3- Thread Rules

1. Keep chatter to a minimum.
2. Be courteous to other contestants.
3. Have fun.

I will handle any problems on a case to case basis, but these will be short little tourney's so I don't foresee many problems.
Please recruit anyone you can for the tourney, we need activity people!

Last but not least, here are the current brackets and teams

Teams-

HTA-TKB
Ridley-Playat
Depster-Dawei
Baron-Firo
Wiigamer-Cornwad
Someguy-Unknown Name
RobotRawk-Mackormoses (Questionable)
SSBBrawlin-Tam(???)

Brackets
(Being Made)

His full name is Tamjammerz, just Tam for short.
"Many people see technology as the problem behind the so-called digital divide. Others see it as the solution. Technology is neither. It must operate in conjunction with business, economic, political and social system."

HTA!

Brackets to be posted this Weekend!

Cornwad

Quote from: Hector_the_Axe on May 14, 2008, 06:43:48 PM
Brackets to be posted this Weekend!

Yes! I can't wait ;D

Do we have a team name yet Wiigamer? :D

Someguy13

My friends gunna enter under his real name so Jake (so I guess I'll play under mine, Ben (though next to seeking brawl it will say "SGUY" still)) But yeah anyone who I fight Im gunna have to add you both and make the game so all 4 of us can play.

HTA!

Quote from: Someguy13 on May 14, 2008, 08:32:22 PM
My friends gunna enter under his real name so Jake (so I guess I'll play under mine, Ben (though next to seeking brawl it will say "SGUY" still)) But yeah anyone who I fight Im gunna have to add you both and make the game so all 4 of us can play.
Be sure to set a time specifically when you guys can meet for a match, I'll give you 5 days.

Someguy13

Quote from: Hector_the_Axe on May 15, 2008, 04:23:52 AM
Be sure to set a time specifically when you guys can meet for a match, I'll give you 5 days.
Neeither of us are doing anything most of the week end and since its not a big tourney that we should have enough free time to do this. even if it continues into monday theres no school. Our only problem is that neither of us have spent much amount of time in team matches. And maybe had one match in Melee VS 2 other friends where we were teamed up.

HTA!

Quote from: Someguy13 on May 15, 2008, 03:30:18 PM
Quote from: Hector_the_Axe on May 15, 2008, 04:23:52 AM
Neeither of us are doing anything most of the week end and since its not a big tourney that we should have enough free time to do this. even if it continues into monday theres no school. Our only problem is that neither of us have spent much amount of time in team matches. And maybe had one match in Melee VS 2 other friends where we were teamed up.
Gotcha

HTA!

Brackets were created using a RNG device, be ready to post results by next Friday.

I will mass PM reminders as well.

Cornwad

TheKoopaBros.

I'll be free to play with you HTA anytime today pretty much. So if you find a time that works send me a PM. Same goes for our opponents.

The Baron

Anytime today would be fine with Firo and I.

HTA!