Started by StarWindWizard7, October 02, 2007, 03:00:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ridley

Quote from: StarWindWizard7 on November 08, 2007, 05:02:20 AM
Quote from: Dawei on November 07, 2007, 07:43:58 PM
Quote from: Ridley on November 07, 2007, 07:27:16 PM
Quote from: Dawei on November 04, 2007, 07:17:54 PM
Quote from: Triforce_Luigi on November 04, 2007, 07:11:26 PM
Shouldn't we also wait till we unlock more characters?
It shouldn't take us that long though, Unless your just really bad at something. I'm sure everyone participating in the tournament will have unlocked it by the time, and I'm sure it could be modified if the majority hasn't done it yet.

Plus, if you get really desperate, you could download a file from the internet on an sd card.

That doesn't answer the question. What will be the date of the tournament?
That didn't seem like the question to me :P.

Anyways, who knows. Nsider2 has to finish their tournament first so they can decide who will fight against us. Which does give us some extra time, but probably not much.

Also, do we have any set rules for the matches? PLEASE MAKE THEM MLG STYLE

@ Ridley, for questions about the Tournament please wait until the game is about to release,
as we don't even know if the game will be delayed again.

What is MLG?

What is MLG Style?
...Friend codes were probably implemented by the same people who wanted tripping in Brawl...
...It's quite obvious...

Dawei

MLG (Major League Gaming) consists of best out of three for every math (except for finals and sometimes semi-finals). Both players choose their character without the opponent knowing (while it would be impossible from what we've seen to do it with conventional methods, we could easily inform SWW7 and gbyoshi (I think that is his name) before hand), and then the stage is chosen either by random from the pre-set list of stages or if both players can agree on it. The loser of that match then gets to choose the stage (before characters are even picked). After the stage is chosen, the winner must choose his character first (those two steps are called "slob picks"). The loser then picks his character, and this step repeats for the next match(es).

Then there is "Dave's stupid rule" which basically states that you can not play on the same stage more then once in a single match. It helps keep some variety and strategy in it all. Forces people to train on stages other then FD. And of course, no Items, 4 stock, and 8 minutes.

Also, while this is the least important part of it all (and could be done without), it can add to the thing and make it more accurate. Seeding/poolplay and Double elimination. Double elimination, if you don't already know, means you have to lose two matches to be kicked out of the tournament. Everyone starts out in the "winners bracket", though if you lose you are sent to the losers bracket. After both brackets are finished, the Winner of the winners and the winner of the losers face off. Though, the thing is, since the winner has yet to lose a match, the loser has to defeat the winner TWICE to officially win. Now, as for seeding/poolplay... Well, we can't really do seeding, put poolplay is where you basically do a round robin style thing with the members of your pool (our "pool" would probably be the this boards smashers), and then they are placed on the bracket accordingly (high-ranked players vs high ranked, low vs. low).

And that is basically it. I'm sure I missed a few things, but that should cover it.

Captain Justice

haha, hey Wiz. I'm just stoppin by to pay a visit. I was on N2 when Ultra_Luigi told us about this rivalry thingy that you guys are setting up. You do realize that we outnumber you by a ton, right?

anyways, good to see ya again, and I see that your a MOD, how did that happen?  :D

btw, I'm on the side of N2, sorry :P

and this is echo, in case you forgot
Quote from: Talim on September 04, 2009, 05:26:53 PM
Yesterday, sort of. I was on the verge of crying. Why? I got into an argument with a couple other people from #nsider and it got me really upset. I didn't really cry much though
Quote from: Tsumaru on September 20, 2009, 11:29:22 AM
Can we ban Hoss, please?

StarWindWizard7

Quote from: Frigid_Aztec on November 08, 2007, 03:54:13 PM
haha, hey Wiz. I'm just stoppin by to pay a visit. I was on N2 when Ultra_Luigi told us about this rivalry thingy that you guys are setting up. You do realize that we outnumber you by a ton, right?

anyways, good to see ya again, and I see that your a MOD, how did that happen?  :D

Z0MG!! E Assassin!!! HEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *screams!!!*
Nice to see you again Buddy!

finally, another Smash Board Veteran!!

I'm a Mod here because I paid for the HOST  ;)

And anyway,
This entire contest/rivalry might be in vain, if certain situations happen.

Cause if it DOES, I'm not redoing ANYTHING!  ::)

Ridley

Quote from: StarWindWizard7 on November 08, 2007, 04:17:41 PM

And anyway,

You mean that merge?
...Friend codes were probably implemented by the same people who wanted tripping in Brawl...
...It's quite obvious...

Captain Justice

And anyway,

ahh, so they owed it to ya XD

and yeah, good to see ya, a lot of other people are on N2 if your wondering where they are. Anyways, I do like the idea of a forum vs. forum kinda thing. The winner should take on Smashboards (Smashboards would own us, but w/e :P ).

some bad news though...............You remeber Hector_the_Axe right?

Well, about a week ago he informed me that he will not be going online anymore. He will not be a part of any forum.................for a long time, maybe forever. He told me that he has some weird stuff goin on IRL, and that he has problems with a girl (I've been down that road, if you recall :P ). He may come by from time to time, but it didn't seem that way.

Back to topic (since ur a MOD now ;) ) who are your best members? I've heard that TKB goes here also, and I know that he has a pretty good G&W.
Yesterday, sort of. I was on the verge of crying. Why? I got into an argument with a couple other people from #nsider and it got me really upset. I didn't really cry much though
Can we ban Hoss, please?

Dawei

Oooh, pick me!

Nah, I wish :P. No one here has posted any videos of them. It sucks. We are probably going to get owned by you guys. Maybe I should switch teams? ??? ;D

Triforce_Luigi

Captain Justice

Can we ban Hoss, please?

Xanatos

I know it's a long way off, but how is thing going to be formatted.  I don't think an actual tournament would be best for seeing which one of us is better because that would only lead to a single victor.  How are the two forums going to battle to determine the winner?

StarWindWizard7

Quote from: Xanatos on November 08, 2007, 08:38:00 PM
I know it's a long way off, but how is thing going to be formatted.  I don't think an actual tournament would be best for seeing which one of us is better because that would only lead to a single victor.  How are the two forums going to battle to determine the winner?

@ E Assassin, I"m very sorry to hear that about HTA.......... another legendary Smash Board Veteran
I will NEVER forget.  :( I don't know what his drama is, but I hope everything turns out for him.

I also did not know that you had similar problems E Assassin, you keep things to yourself a good bit.

@ Dawei, You Traitor!!! :P
-No, we do not have any videos of us playing SSBM, I don't care about it. I mean if they want to show off
there video......to show off how good they are, Thats Fine... FINE! I have no problem with that, but
I don't really care if the people here are awful,
we will

1. Train by ourselves.
2. Train with eachother.
3. THEN Fight the other forums.

This isn't all gonna happen in 1 week! Thats Madness! I mean, if a few members want to go ahead
and challenge, WHO EVER, thats fine, but it won't count in this Thread I made.

*coughs*

As far as a "MERGER" is concerned, the chances of that happening are...
and because of that...
So who knows...
Hopefully things will...
And thats all I'm gonna say about it.

PLEASE, do not talk about a Merger in this thread :P
or your post will be deleted.

@ Xanatos,
It'll run like this...

YOU for example will face off randomly against a person from Nsider 2.

We will of course have judges to actually see the fight.
So yeah a 1 vs. 1
with a judge from here and a judge from there.
Once who ever wins, Everybody can "DC" and the results will be posted
on both Boards.

OR

It can truly be 1 vs. 1 (no judges) and when the fight is over,
they can send the last 3 minutes (thanks to the update) 
To the Judges "WII's" so they know who won, and then it'll be posted on both forums.

Don't worry about it, it can/will be set up to be better explained later.

This is just a "rough draft" of how I want it to be, but the chances of it happening like this
is rather High.

I Do have to talk to the Judge of GBWYoshi who is running something similar to this
on Nsider 2.

*He's on vaycay right now, which is why my thread has been floating amilessly ... LOL ;D

Any other questions, feel free to pm or ask here.

@ E Assassin, of course y'all have more members here, but
if we have a grand total of 35 People here,
ONLY 35 people from NSider 2 will play "US".

If y'all want to figure out who plays who, thats not me! Y'all figure that out! ;) - :P

Dawei

But, if we all suck, training against each other won't  help us at all. Maybe, just maybe, it might help our mindgames, but not by much, because if we don't need one to win, we won't practice one. Hopefully random online will help us...

StarWindWizard7

Quote from: Dawei on November 08, 2007, 09:26:15 PM
But, if we all suck, training against each other won't  help us at all. Maybe, just maybe, it might help our mindgames, but not by much, because if we don't need one to win, we won't practice one. Hopefully random online will help us...

Speak for yourself.

If 2 people suck and they keep fighting against eachother, in a game of SSB's in general,
they are bound to get better.

Playing by ourselves 1st should help stabilize the basics + Random Online matches with Who ever world
wide can only help.  :P

gbwyoshi

Quote from: StarWindWizard7 on November 08, 2007, 10:03:58 PM
Quote from: Dawei on November 08, 2007, 09:26:15 PM

Speak for yourself.

If 2 people suck and they keep fighting against eachother, in a game of SSB's in general,
they are bound to get better.

Playing by ourselves 1st should help stabilize the basics + Random Online matches with Who ever world
wide can only help.  :P
Excactly......I have learned that you watch battles, train with the battle, and learn your enemies tactic.

I happen to be one of the faster smashers on Melee and SSB

Depster

Quote from: Frigid_Aztec on November 08, 2007, 07:43:36 PM

And anyway,

ahh, so they owed it to ya XD

and yeah, good to see ya, a lot of other people are on N2 if your wondering where they are. Anyways, I do like the idea of a forum vs. forum kinda thing. The winner should take on Smashboards (Smashboards would own us, but w/e :P ).

some bad news though...............You remeber Hector_the_Axe right?

Well, about a week ago he informed me that he will not be going online anymore. He will not be a part of any forum.................for a long time, maybe forever. He told me that he has some weird stuff goin on IRL, and that he has problems with a girl (I've been down that road, if you recall :P ). He may come by from time to time, but it didn't seem that way.

Back to topic (since ur a MOD now ;) ) who are your best members? I've heard that TKB goes here also, and I know that he has a pretty good G&W.
Meh, Smashboards isn't THAT good (ima member there), but a lot of good people are there.

And @ Dawai:  I play comps for combos and timing

Brawl Code: 3050-7249-4136    Message me yours!