Main Menu

Items On or Off ~Let's debate some more

Started by Macawmoses, May 30, 2008, 09:14:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Macawmoses

Simple question, answer wisely. Items on, or off? You know my answer.

* mackormoses turns the light off and closes the door.

Phantom123

Items can be fun in parties. Off if it's a serious tourney match. While it takes skill to use most of 'em, it doesn't for them to appear right next to you. If a bomb-omb spawns on you as you are doing you're KO move on the enemy, and you suicide, that is pretty unfair <,<

Ridley

I agree with Phanto m as I'm sure everyone else will too.
...Friend codes were probably implemented by the same people who wanted tripping in Brawl...
...It's quite obvious...

Shujinco2

Meelee: Items on, excluding a few, such as Bomb-omb, Beam Sword, Flipper, Poisen Mushroom and Super Mushroom, and some others. I find it funner this way.

Brawl: Items off. It's far better without them, considering that I love them in Meelee. Maybe it's because of the items present? ????

Playat

I have to agree with Phantom. Items ON for fun matches. Items OFF for serious matches such as tourney

La Pared

www.Revolutionists.co.nr

RedYoshi

If you want to show true skill and how good you REALLY are turn the items off, but if you want to just have fun with the game turn them On. I usually keep items on but I sometimes turn them off.
Will edit sig later...:P

Cornwad

If there are more than two players (team matches excluded), then items are fine.

But I don't like them in 1v1, its too annoying for me.

I prefer items off.

Wilhelmina Carmel

Quote from: Cornwad on May 30, 2008, 11:49:45 AM
If there are more than two players (team matches excluded), then items are fine.

But I don't like them in 1v1, its too annoying for me.

I prefer items off.
I agree, for sure...

Also, I hate how the items are in Brawl, anyways.

~Team Awesome~

Lotos

Turn only certain items off, like starmen, smart bombs, bob-ombs, gooey bombs, Smash Balls, and Pok?balls if you want a more serious match, but I prefer items myself.  Luck and item skill should be a factor in matches outside of tournaments.  After all, you could be excellent without items, but maybe you can't use the items effectively as everyone else.  The items also add a little of a surprise and extra strategical elements to the matches.

HTA!

No items in 1 v 1 unless its ULTIMATE 2X DAMAGE HANDICAP HIGH TIME MATCHES FOR COINS.
But really, I prefer them off even in groups.

FruitFlow

Most of the time I perfer no items. Especially online.
But sometimes if I feel like it I'll put them in
"Many people see technology as the problem behind the so-called digital divide. Others see it as the solution. Technology is neither. It must operate in conjunction with business, economic, political and social system."

Kilroy

Phantom just answered for everyone, I guess :P
1984 WAS SUPPOSED TO BE AN INSTRUCTION NOT MANUAL
"yes you are anusface, but i am better than!!" - taw, steam forums
 FOR NSF MASCOT

Dawei

Quote from: Hector_the_Axe on May 30, 2008, 01:45:11 PM
No items in 1 v 1 unless its ULTIMATE 2X DAMAGE HANDICAP HIGH TIME MATCHES FOR COINS.
But really, I prefer them off even in groups.
That was the greatest match of all time. You can't forget norfair though.
And of course, no items for me in 1v1s. I don't mind them too much in groups, though like hta, I still prefer them off.

.:DL:.

I prefer them OFF on 1 vs 1 matches.  If there more than 2 players, ON eould be more entertaining.