Main Menu

Started by Macawmoses, June 12, 2008, 04:11:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Totla

That really bites.
I hope you and your family can somehow get over it.

And even though I don't think anyone's that stupid, any asshattery in this thread will result in a long ban and some anal rape.

Pixie

I'm sorry Mack.  If you ever need to talk I'm here for you.
(:

Mario64

Ouch... ;_; Hope you feel better soon...

Were you and him close?

Silverhawk79

Oh god, that's awful. I hope everything turns out okay. :(

Macawmoses

@Mario: Out of all of my family, him and I got along, we weren't the closest, compared to other relationships, but when you grow up with all of your family around you...

This is my second uncle to die since my birth. The other one died about ten years ago, cancer, but as for the details around this death, I will post what I have been able to piece together, in a spoiler box.

[spoiler=If you will] A rough timeline.

3:00-3:30: My uncle calls his wife, he says he has a loaded gun.
3:15-4:45: My aunt arrives, tries finding him, where she does in the bedroom, he hasn't yet had the nerve to do it. She tells him to put the gun down, he refuses. She ran off to call 911, and the trigger was pulled. She dials the # as she performs CPR. The uncle that died at age 40, that I mentioned above, he left his gun to this uncle. Out of the numerous guns my uncle owned, he chose to use that one. Back to the story. *I haven't enough info to piece together when this all occurred, this is a rough guideline.

4:15-I get home from school, start doing chores.
4:45- While doing my chores, the police scanner blares. Cops yelling, getting victim services, etc.
4:47-I hear a siren screech by (my uncle lived about two blocks away)
4:50-I get the phone call. My aunt managed to keep my uncle alive, he died in the ambulance. The hospital is about 8 blocks away.

From the time I left NSF: I find out about the story. Considering the size of the town, we had half of the police force at my uncle's house. My grandma, and my uncles son, live in the houses next door...

...I start getting tidbits. The big one, he did it in the Master Bedroom, blowing part of his head off.

[/spoiler]

I know I should be with my family, but my parents, and rest of the family, decided to take a break while the coroner examines. I will be here for a while, it feels good to talk.

For those of you that don't know how it feels, your guts start wrenching....that's all I can say. I saw a grown man, another uncle, who is 6'4, and paints/builds for a living, cry. I saw a lot, and I need to talk.

Totla

* Totla hugs mack
;-;

Dawei

Man... I don't know what to say. I've always been horrible at comforting and the like in situations like this. Anytime I try, I come off sarcastic (at least, I feel that's what it looks like), or I make some type of joke and I can't tell if I'm helping or hurting. With that in mind, I'll try not to say much, less I do do something hurtful.

I'll always be there for you Mack. ;_; <3

Macawmoses

Thank you both <3

Spud

And you don't know why?

Macawmoses

Spud

Quote from: mackormoses on June 12, 2008, 06:46:56 PM
Quote from: EvilSpud on June 12, 2008, 06:43:37 PM
And you don't know why?
?
I guess I didn't finish my sentence...
You don't know why your uncle killed himself?

Macawmoses

Quote from: EvilSpud on June 12, 2008, 06:48:57 PM
And you don't know why?
?
No, he made it perfectly clear, he just felt like seeing if the gun could kill him. He thought he would have streams of rainbows coming out of his head. No, intercourse  no, I do not know why, I speculate, but I don't know.

DededeCloneChris

Quote from: mackormoses on June 12, 2008, 06:50:55 PM
Quote from: EvilSpud on June 12, 2008, 06:48:57 PM
And you don't know why?
?
No, he made it perfectly clear, he just felt like seeing if the gun could kill him. He thought he would have streams of rainbows coming out of his head. No, f*** no, I do not know why, I speculate, but I don't know.
Then the reason for the suicide is unknown.

Linkman

That really must suck...

I have lost relatives, but not one that i was really close too, so i don't even know how that feels....

Gwen Khan