Main Menu

Nintendo's stance on E3 solidified.

Started by Tupin, July 17, 2008, 06:58:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

guido123

so i guess all the games that we have been waiting for can still be announced soo

Click here to level up my card!

ssbb  guido123 - 0989-2935-7676

Nayrman

Quote from: Smash Bro 25 on July 18, 2008, 06:01:48 PM
Am I the only one who finds it a bit backwards that the biggest gaming event of the year is now reserved for casual gamers?  Nintendo may not be ignoring the fans and hardcore gamers, but they're definately caring less than they used to, which is pretty disappointing.
They're too busy trying to get granny, two year olds, and our non-existant girlfriends to play to care about us.

Tupin

Quote from: Nayrman on July 18, 2008, 06:18:01 PM
Am I the only one who finds it a bit backwards that the biggest gaming event of the year is now reserved for casual gamers?  Nintendo may not be ignoring the fans and hardcore gamers, but they're definately caring less than they used to, which is pretty disappointing.
They're too busy trying to get granny, two year olds, and our non-existant girlfriends to play to care about us.
Opening up to a larger fanbase isn't bad, as long as you don't forget the people who made the company what they are.

Adam Sessler put it best by saying Nintendo is the geek in one of those movies where one geek suddenly gets taken in by the "cool" crowd and completely ignores their past friends but then the geek makes one wrong move and he goes crawling back to his old friends.

Quote from: SkyMyl
Tuppy frightens me with his knowledge of legacy technology.

Nayrman

Quote from: Tuppyluver1 on July 18, 2008, 06:26:11 PM
Opening up to a larger fanbase isn't bad, as long as you don't forget the people who made the company what they are.

Adam Sessler put it best by saying Nintendo is the geek in one of those movies where one geek suddenly gets taken in by the "cool" crowd and completely ignores their past friends but then the geek makes one wrong move and he goes crawling back to his old friends.

we all know thats exactly whats going to happen too...

Tupin

Quote from: Nayrman on July 18, 2008, 06:27:56 PM

I give it one and a half, maybe two years before they pull another Virtual Boy-type failure.

Nayrman

Quote from: Tuppyluver1 on July 18, 2008, 06:29:50 PM

I give it one and a half, maybe two years before they pull another Virtual Boy-type failure.
I can't say for sure, but I bet ya 100% it'll be some dumb peripheral that bombs...

Tupin

Quote from: Nayrman on July 18, 2008, 06:47:30 PM

I can't say for sure, but I bet ya 100% it'll be some dumb peripheral that bombs...
Power Glove 2.0? 

Nayrman

Quote from: Tuppyluver1 on July 18, 2008, 06:49:36 PM

Power Glove 2.0? 
that wouldn't surprise me...or "WiiVision" or something along the Virtual Boy like you said X_X;;

Tupin

Quote from: Nayrman on July 18, 2008, 06:56:07 PM

Power Glove 2.0? 
that wouldn't surprise me...or "WiiVision" or something along the Virtual Boy like you said X_X;;
That, or them teaming up with a company that will eventually screw them over.

Nayrman

Quote from: Tuppyluver1 on July 18, 2008, 07:01:24 PM

Power Glove 2.0? 
you mean EA? XD

Tupin

Quote from: Nayrman on July 18, 2008, 07:02:34 PM
Quote from: Tuppyluver1 on July 18, 2008, 07:01:24 PM

Power Glove 2.0? 
you mean EA? XD
Or Ubisoft.

Too bad the media summit isn't until mid-October and E For All isn't until late October, they moved it because PAX was the same weekend. Doubt they would even attend PAX...

thunderhero4

Cool. I didnt really give a poop about E3 anyway. None of the conferences were that great, and Nintendo only showed around 1/4th of what they got commin (where the others showed everything)

Tupin

Quote from: thunderhero4 on July 18, 2008, 07:38:37 PM
Cool. I didnt really give a poop about E3 anyway. None of the conferences were that great, and Nintendo only showed around 1/4th of what they got commin (where the others showed everything)
If they didn't announce their big stuff at the biggest gaming convention in America and they refuse to attend the biggest gaming event in Japan, I'm guessing they will have their own event or be at Leipzig or maybe E For All.

thunderhero4

Quote from: Tuppyluver1 on July 18, 2008, 07:41:40 PM
If they didn't announce their big stuff at the biggest gaming convention in America and they refuse to attend the biggest gaming event in Japan, I'm guessing they will have their own event or be at Leipzig or maybe E For All.
Maybe. I wont be watching or keeping my eye on it. I dont want to turn into a video game nerd/addict with no life. :)

Tupin

Quote from: thunderhero4 on July 18, 2008, 07:44:58 PM
Quote from: Tuppyluver1 on July 18, 2008, 07:41:40 PM
Maybe. I wont be watching or keeping my eye on it. I dont want to turn into a video game nerd/addict with no life. :)
You regularly post on a video game forum. I think you already are somewhat of a video game nerd.