News:

ASSUMING DIRECT CONTROL.

Main Menu

What is the rarest video game thing you own?

Started by Tupin, August 10, 2008, 12:06:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tupin

Quote from: Kaz on August 10, 2008, 01:00:11 PM
Quote from: Tuppyluver1 on August 10, 2008, 12:49:45 PM
Quote from: Kaz on August 10, 2008, 12:43:04 PM
Quote from: Tuppyluver1 on August 10, 2008, 12:20:39 PM
Quote from: Kaz on August 10, 2008, 12:15:29 PM
Quote from: Tuppyluver1 on August 10, 2008, 12:09:54 PM
Quote from: Silverhawk79 on August 10, 2008, 12:08:48 PM
Uh, is SMRPG rare? >.>
I have a signed Nintendo Power...:B
Yeah, it's pretty rare.

Complete and utter bullpoop. It's just overpriced, not rare. There's a difference.
That's what happens when there's a limited quantity.

It was a SNES game released in 1996. It's rare.

You're funny. It's overpriced because it's a world-renowned and overrated game, not because it has a limited quantity. It was printed just as much as any other Square Enix SNES game, yet costs more than most other ones. Some games are indeed expensive because they're "rare," but rest assured that SMRPG isn't one of them. It's like a better version of FF7's case: an overhyped game that's overpriced because of an enormous fanbase.

By the way, when it was released really has nothing to do with how many people across the world actually own it. Do you have any idea how many copies of Mario Bros./Duck Hunt I've seen? I can't even count how many I saw just at one thrift store.
Oh, I thought it was rare because of a limited production run compounded with the fact that it has a huge fanbase.

I guess not.

Limited, yes, because all game production runs are limited, but Mario RPG's run was not limited to the point where it could be considered very "rare" at all, because it's really not all that uncommon of a game. Really. The production wasn't slowed all that much just because of the N64's release. Mario RPG didn't take as big of a hit as...say, Kirby's Dreamland 3 or something like that. While Mario RPG never saw a PAL release, it was still produced in large quantities here in the States as well as in Japan.

If you consider that "rare," then okay, but honestly it's so gosh darn easy to get hundreds of copies of the game all to yourself just through ebay. I don't consider that "rare."
Yeah, I realize now that it's not really rare at all, just in demand.

Quote from: SkyMyl
Tuppy frightens me with his knowledge of legacy technology.

PsychoYoshi

Golden holographic Majora's Mask cartridge...E-reader...nothing else really comes to mind.

Kilroy

1984 WAS SUPPOSED TO BE AN INSTRUCTION NOT MANUAL
"yes you are anusface, but i am better than!!" - taw, steam forums
 FOR NSF MASCOT

Breezy

Zovistograt

rarest game is probably Electroplankton.

rarest item might be the Pok?center keychain I have.  Mint condition, only 2,000 made, sold only in Pok?center in NYC before it became Nintendo World Store.
"I lovat a gabber.  I could listen to maure and moravar again.  Regn onder river.  Flies do your float.  Thick is the life for mere." - James Joyce (Finnegans Wake, page 213)

Light

Heroes II Gold for the Computer. Worth about a hundred dollars.

@PY: The Golden Holographic Majora's Mask cartirdge is rare?
Holy crap all my sigs were always poop. Best leave this space alone.

Omega12

Rarest thing i own is a Working SNES.

Unless the SNES Advantage is rare.

Super Hyper Puzzle Gem street fighter 4 the new challengers hyper fighting championchip edition Turbo  3rd Strike Alpha 3 Upper The Movie: The world warrior fighters new generation giant attack The final fight for the future HD Remix EX2010 Online

jnfs2014

Almost every Pokemon RPG from R/S to D/P (including XD and Colosseum).
I'm missing Pearl.

Kilroy

Quote from: JNeedForSpeed2014 on August 10, 2008, 07:32:51 PM
I'm missing Pearl.
That's not rare, nor hard to find.

Do you have Pokemon Pinball R/B or R/S?
1984 WAS SUPPOSED TO BE AN INSTRUCTION NOT MANUAL
"yes you are anusface, but i am better than!!" - taw, steam forums
 FOR NSF MASCOT

metroidhunter777

E-Reader, Pokemon Game Boy Color, a Game Boy Pocket (is that rare?), Pokemon Yellow, uh... I dunno, I have the Majora's Mask cartridge that PY is speaking of.

jnfs2014

Quote from: Byte on August 10, 2008, 07:45:39 PM
Quote from: JNeedForSpeed2014 on August 10, 2008, 07:32:51 PM
I'm missing Pearl.
That's not rare, nor hard to find.

Do you have Pokemon Pinball R/B or R/S?
Sold R/B, didn't buy R/S.

Linkman

Banjo-Tooie?

err....

Katamari Damacy?

I also have a lot of SNES games...

The Riddler

Quote from: Nayrman on August 10, 2008, 12:40:56 PM
Quote from: Tuppyluver1 on August 10, 2008, 12:37:28 PM
Quote from: Nayrman on August 10, 2008, 12:23:30 PM
I had an E-reader (just threw it out because no one wanted it and I lost all my cards)
Otherwise: SNES w/ Mario All-Stars, DK Country 1-3, F-Zero, Zelda: ALTTP, TMNT Tournament Fighters (Donatello is cheap as all hell), and some wierd Pac-Man game that doesn't involve eating dots
Yeah, the Pac-Man platformers are weird.
It's not even a platformer...it's some wierd point and click adventure. Pac-Man walks around the town and you shoot a slingshot and whatever you hit he'll interact with. The first mission is to find a glass for Baby Pac's milk, I know where it is but half the time I accidentally knock it over and I get a game over...which intercourse in sucks. I still can't figure out the second level because Pac-Man always falls off the darn cliff XD
Pac-Man Adventure 2 <333333

Also, see here for my list of possible rarities.

Triforceman22

Pac-man adventure 2 if that IS rare....
Galden Majora's mask cartridge... wait is that even rare? >.<
golden OoT Cartridge
Ocarina of time master's quest
N64 controller keychain

I think that's it....

QuoteRobotnik: GET A LOAD OF THIS!!!!!!!!

Java