Main Menu

Those of you with censors, why?

Started by The Riddler, August 12, 2008, 08:34:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Riddler

Shit piss intercourse  vagina cocksucker motherintercourse er tits fart turd and twat.
Shit piss intercourse  vagina cocksucker motherintercourse er tits fart turd and twat.
Shit piss intercourse  vagina cocksucker motherintercourse er tits fart turd and twat, I intercourse ed your mom.
                                -Blink 182, "Family Reunion"

Just wondering why some of you use censors?

Prefer seeing stars?
Overbearing parents?
Moral objection?
Strict Christian upbringing?
Fear of the "Curse" of the words?

And to those of you who don't, at what age did you start swearing?

Personally, my first swear was "Ass" in 5th grade, but I didn't get bad with swearing until 8th grade. To quote Lewis Black, "In New York City, where I come from, 'Fuck' isn't even a word. It's a comma." I never swear in front of my parents though. That's a respect thing.

Nayrman

it does it automatically here...which I think is rather lame but oh well

The Riddler

Quote from: Nayrman on August 12, 2008, 08:35:05 AM
it does it automatically here...which I think is rather lame but oh well
You can turn it off, can't you? I don't have any.

Java

Personally, I'm not a fan of cursing.

I don't care if others do it, but using it too much will just make you sound like an unintelligent person.

Anyway, I guess I don't really care if I see the word, but I guess I prefer to see the stars.

The Riddler

Quote from: Java_Java on August 12, 2008, 08:37:29 AM
Personally, I'm not a fan of cursing.

I don't care if others do it, but using it too much will just make you sound like an unintelligent person.

Anyway, I guess I don't really care if I see the word, but I guess I prefer to see the stars.
I feel the same way, but it tends to just find it's way into a sentence, and especially in the context of anguish. "Fuck" and "Shit" work well when something goes wrong. Haha.

Eizweir

Basically the third and fourth reasons.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/xluxaeternax

formerly: Marth Xero, Xero, Roy Khan, Diego Armando, Lux Aeterna, and more I forget it was like 11 years ago jeeze

Doodle

Meh. If you say I don't care, as long as you don't overdo it.
I don't really swear though.
YEAH

Riosan

I don't swear, no. I don't know why I have censors on, I just do.
[21:51]   <Smashin>   No one likes a sad fat kid.
[21:51]   Mystic has left #nsider (Leaving.)

Daft Pink

I don't quite remember, but I started cussing on a regular basis when I was in 6th grade. I guess I might have started in the 5th grade or so.

Silverhawk79

I have them off because it's annoying to have them on.

captainjacksparrow

I have them  on because i hate cussing.

SkyMyl

I have the censors on. It doesn't do much, though. :|
The third and fourth reasons too.
And force of habit.

And I don't curse in real life. I choose not to.

Matt

I have censors off just because I hate seeing those darn stars. They tend to bug for some reason. Either way I don't mind cussing in the least bit, I mean everyone does it even if it just slips out.

Jono2

i swore "ass" in grade 1, because I saw no reason why one word should be "outlawed".  saying a curse word is the same as saying "cheese" or "bread" or "moral objection", unless you mean it, and say it at someone.  in a sentence, there's no more meaning to it.

i didn't really start cursing heavily (well, i don't curse heavily, but what I do now I would constitute as cursing heavily) until this year, really.  and never when anyone is around.  just when I'm by myself, posting on forums, or having EPIC INTERNET ARGUMENTS.

I don't see any reason why some word should be outlawed.  makes no sense to me.

Quote from: LinkXLR on January 30, 2008, 09:10:54 PM
Quote from: famy on January 30, 2008, 08:36:30 PM
is big willy unleashed a will smith game

...I'm not even gonna touch this one.

SteamID: Lazylen

StarWindWizard7

Quote from: Riddler_Rob on August 12, 2008, 08:34:06 AM
s*** piss f*** c*** cocksucker motherf***er tits fart turd and twat.
s*** piss f*** c*** cocksucker motherf***er tits fart turd and twat, I f***ed your mom.
                                -Blink 182, "Family Reunion"

Just wondering why some of you use censors?

Prefer seeing stars?
Overbearing parents?
Moral objection?
Strict Christian upbringing?
Fear of the "Curse" of the words?

And to those of you who don't, at what age did you start swearing?

Personally, my first swear was "Ass" in 5th grade, but I didn't get bad with swearing until 8th grade. To quote Lewis Black, "In New York City, where I come from, 'f***' isn't even a word. It's a comma." I never swear in front of my parents though. That's a respect thing.

For the most part you hit the nail on the head with, "Moral objection".
I feel that I can get my point across with out using words thats negative in society. So I used "substitute" curse words like "dang, and darn and shoot"... lol
It's not something I was raised to do, I chose to do this myself.

Granted, "curse words" shouldn't be hated, it's the people who use them in certain "CONTEXT" that is a problem.
Don't hate the word, hate the person using it against somebody for being stupid/ignorant... like the "N" word for example.

Regardless, I won't use it.
I used to curse back when I was a freshmen in High school due to peer pressure but I stopped.

As far as censor block here... I can understand what they say when it's blocked as it's Starred out anyway, which is fine by me.

LOL, I don't even curse on the forums, you'll never see me do it here.

And don't edit my posts MODS! >:(

Oops. I didn't mean to. ~PY