Main Menu

Those of you with censors, why?

Started by The Riddler, August 12, 2008, 08:34:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ThePowerOfOne

I turned the censor off the second I joined :D

I guess I said my first when I was... 7. And it was probably just darn or something. I don't usually cuss in front of my parents or people I don't really know (Well, most of the time...). Just the occasional darn, poop, ass, poop hole, vagina, intercourse er.. oh, wait...

Kilroy

I said Fuck when I was in Kindergarten because I didn't know what it meant >_>;

Other than that, cursing started lightly in 6th grade, and got gradually more common until now.

Never cursed in front of my parents (Except the Kindergarten thing), and I probably never will.
1984 WAS SUPPOSED TO BE AN INSTRUCTION NOT MANUAL
"yes you are anusface, but i am better than!!" - taw, steam forums
 FOR NSF MASCOT

Macawmoses

HTA!

Censors on, for the simple reason that I'm too lazy to turn them off.
I don't curse in front of my parents, or friends for that matter.

The occasional D*mn is all that I use/// meh.

JrDude

Some people don't know this, but it CAN be turned off :O
[move][/move]
Dude .

Custom

It does it automatically here, never bothered to turn them off. I started swearing in about 6th grade.

Quote from: Viewtifulboy on March 11, 2013, 07:28:20 AM
Good job! I, Viewtifulboy, declare you the CHAMPION!

I'm the official winner of the Viewtiful Victory roleplay championship!

Mystic

lol censors

How stupid. Face reality and realize words are nothing but words.

ThePowerOfOne

Quote from: Mystic on August 12, 2008, 04:19:07 PM
lol censors

How stupid. Face reality and realize words are nothing but words.
Damn right ninny.

Moriarty

Quote from: StarWindWizard7 on August 12, 2008, 10:43:49 AM
So I used "substitute" curse words like "dang, and darn and shoot"... lol
It's not something I was raised to do, I chose to do this myself.

That argument works against you. First off, words are just words like Mystic says. Second of all, if you go say "dangit" after you stub your toe, and I say "darnit" they are virtually the same thing. They have the same meaning, the same context, and the same connotation. I just said in another thread somewhere that even FCC has realized things have progressed. 20 years ago you would never hear "ninny, darnit, penis, etc." on primetime, network television. Today you do. So why do people, including yourself, still choose to refrain from using certain words and accepting that a majority of society has moved on to other things? It's not like you have higher standards than anyone else, you're not that special.
QuoteWhere'd Annyong get that juice box?

jnfs2014

HTA!

Quote from: Moriarty on August 12, 2008, 04:54:11 PM
Quote from: StarWindWizard7 on August 12, 2008, 10:43:49 AM
So I used "substitute" curse words like "dang, and darn and shoot"... lol
It's not something I was raised to do, I chose to do this myself.

That argument works against you. First off, words are just words like Mystic says. Second of all, if you go say "dangit" after you stub your toe, and I say "dangit" they are virtually the same thing. They have the same meaning, the same context, and the same connotation. I just said in another thread somewhere that even FCC has realized things have progressed. 20 years ago you would never hear "b****, dangit, penis, etc." on primetime, network television. Today you do. So why do people, including yourself, still choose to refrain from using certain words and accepting that a majority of society has moved on to other things? It's not like you have higher standards than anyone else, you're not that special.
Because we can.
I can choose to dislike cursing, and there isn't any kind of argument or debate that can change that...

Moriarty

Quote from: Hector_the_Axe on August 12, 2008, 06:03:12 PM
I can choose to dislike cursing, and there isn't any kind of argument or debate that can change that...

You can dislike it all you want, but that's still not a logical explanation. It's just your lack of justification for your ignorance of societal progress from absurd and overbearing norms that unrightfully dominated the world many years ago.

Or in your case, lack of progress.

There's no point in my arguing further, as those who do censor are not going to change their minds until they grow older and slowly realize things. So go ahead, **** **** ****** away.

And you're right, your opinion can't change by argument. It's hard to build a foundation on a pool of mud.
QuoteWhere'd Annyong get that juice box?

Mario583

Quote from: Riddler_Rob on August 12, 2008, 08:34:06 AM
You poop ass piss motherintercourse ing vaginas!! >:(

Just wondering why some of you use censors, you bunch of ninnyy vagina ass penis pricks?
Maybe they just can't handle all the goddanm intercourse ing swearing vaginas.

Mario583

Quote from: JrDude on August 12, 2008, 02:13:15 PM
Some people don't know this, but it CAN be turned off :O
........O SHI~! :O

Lohn Jocke