Started by DededeCloneChris, August 23, 2008, 10:15:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Java

Quote from: Level_9_Chao on August 23, 2008, 09:36:13 PM
Quote from: Hector_the_Axe on August 23, 2008, 09:33:23 PM
Quote from: Level_9_Chao on August 23, 2008, 08:48:29 PM
Quote from: Java_Java on August 23, 2008, 03:28:01 PM
Quote from: Kaz on August 23, 2008, 12:28:27 PM
I swear, Invader Zim has to be the most overrated cartoon ever. It's good, but you guys and everyone else on the internet give it waaaay too much credit.
I honestly never liked Invader Zim much.

Just really out there...

Zim was one of those shows that I hated when it was normally on, and now that it's cancelled and I'm older I appreciate it more.

Rugrats is the complete opposite... >.>

Also, did anybody ever like the Wild Thornberries?
I actually did like Wild Thornberries. >_>

Was Rocket Power Nickolodeon?
I miss it...

Indeed it was. I used to really like it; now I can tolerate it but it's not a favorite.
I liked Wild Thornberries, but at the same time, it annoyed me.

Eliza was just obnoxious.  >:(

Kaz

Quote from: Lotos on August 23, 2008, 01:40:58 PM
I swear, Invader Zim has to be the most overrated cartoon ever. It's good, but you guys and everyone else on the internet give it waaaay too much credit.

Only because it didn't go downhill yet, as it was cancelled.  If it went downhill like all the other shows...

What's this "downhill" nonsense? Most of the shows that were bad were bad right from the start. Like Rugrats.

Quote from: Nayrman on August 23, 2008, 01:42:50 PM
C'mon Kaz, it's still better than nearly everything else on tv nowadays. Yea it has the stupid humor but at least it follows a storyline and has some good plots (GIR becoming the house's main computer was freakin brilliant on their part).

Zip up your pants. Your nostalgia is leaking out.

Following a continuous storyline doesn't exactly make a show good, and it didn't really do that anyway. Some episodes definitely took place after previous ones, but most of them were stand-alones.

Yes, it was better than everything that's currently on Nickelodeon, but that's hardly saying anything. It's a good cartoon at best, but not something worth wasting DVD money on or something.

Zim is still massively overrated due to hundreds of Gir-loving fangirls and goth kids that think it's "edgy." And nostalgiafags like you guys.
Quote<+Mithos> My mom grounded me for being gay.

Nayrman

Quote from: Kaz on August 24, 2008, 01:43:32 PM
Quote from: Lotos on August 23, 2008, 01:40:58 PM

Only because it didn't go downhill yet, as it was cancelled.  If it went downhill like all the other shows...

What's this "downhill" nonsense? Most of the shows that were bad were bad right from the start. Like Rugrats.

Quote from: Nayrman on August 23, 2008, 01:42:50 PM
C'mon Kaz, it's still better than nearly everything else on tv nowadays. Yea it has the stupid humor but at least it follows a storyline and has some good plots (GIR becoming the house's main computer was freakin brilliant on their part).

Zip up your pants. Your nostalgia is leaking out.

Following a continuous storyline doesn't exactly make a show good, and it didn't really do that anyway. Some episodes definitely took place after previous ones, but most of them were stand-alones.

Yes, it was better than everything that's currently on Nickelodeon, but that's hardly saying anything. It's a good cartoon at best, but not something worth wasting DVD money on or something.

Zim is still massively overrated due to hundreds of Gir-loving fangirls and goth kids that think it's "edgy." And nostalgiafags like you guys.
Nothing is wrong with being a nostalgia fan if it's genuienly better than stuff on today...
It's slightly overrated, but again, I'll take anything that's half good at this point. I swear I rarely watch tv anymore because most of it is poop

DededeCloneChris

Riosan

[21:51]   <Smashin>   No one likes a sad fat kid.
[21:51]   Mystic has left #nsider (Leaving.)

Java

BOSSNIG

Quote from: Riosan on August 27, 2008, 03:29:29 AM
Dexter's Lab > Invader Zim.

thread over
Thread intercourse ing over.

Also. Hahaha I have Boomerang :B.
IF U WERE KILLED TOMORROW, I WOULDNT GO 2 UR FUNERAL CUZ ID B N JAIL 4 KILLIN DA MOTHA FUKER THAT KILLED U!
..._.....____________________, ,
....../ `---___________----_____] = = = = = D
...../_==o;;;;;;;;_______.:/
.....), ---.(_(__) /
....// (..) ), ----"
...//___//
..//___//
.//___//

WE TRUE HOMIES
WE RIDE TOGETHER
WE DIE TOGETHER

Depster

at least samurai jack is airing again  :)

Brawl Code: 3050-7249-4136    Message me yours!

Mystic

Quote from: Darklink on August 31, 2008, 07:05:13 AM
Quote from: Riosan on August 27, 2008, 03:29:29 AM
Dexter's Lab > Invader Zim.

thread over
Thread intercourse ing over.

Also. Hahaha I have Boomerang :B.
Boomerang is intercourse ing win.

Triforceman22

QuoteRobotnik: GET A LOAD OF THIS!!!!!!!!

Beatnik

I'm not a big cartoon guy, but I think Flapjack is pretty funny.  Not on par with Dexter's Lab or Samurai Jack, perhaps, but still pretty good.

On the subject of Invader Zim though, I'm torn. It had some really, really funny moments, but GIR just sucked. He wasn't funny, he was just annoying. The show would have been twice as good without him. GIR was made to appeal to children and idiots who don't know the difference between "funny random" and "stupid random."
"I like cigarettes, Mrs. Taggart. I like to think of fire held in a man's hand. Fire, a dangerous force, tamed at his fingertips. I often wonder about the hours when a man sits alone, watching the smoke of a cigarette, thinking. I wonder what great things have come from such hours. When a man thinks, there is a spot of fire alive in his mind-and it is proper that he should have the burning point of a cigarette as his one expression..."

Chris8492

Ok bringing back an old thread here.

Cartoon Network used to be a huge part of my childhood in the under teen years. I remember that it had all these awesome cartoons on them that I used to watch.

My first favorite broadcasting was Toonami on CN. It had all these good anime like DBZ, Gundam, Sailor Moon, Transformers, and a lot more. Then it died out in September 8th, 2008.

Besides Toonami, there was other shows that were good.

Boomerang FTW. I love the old scooby doo episodes on this channel, some i have ever seen still O_O.

Also, There were the regular aired cartoons that I watched all the time on CN.

KND was ok. Some of the episodes were kinda wierd.
Dexters Laboratory was an awesome show.
Johnny Bravo was hilarious
Pokemon was great and still is great today
Courage the Cowardly Dog = histarical
Cow and Chicken was bizarre
Samuri Jack was pretty good.
Time Squad was not bad

These shows were the ones i saw until all the the junk that came into CN later. That brought my interest down a lot and i didn't go back to it until the present day. Today, this channel is deep in the hole. I'm probably not surprised that it will lose a ton of viewers in the years to come