News:

<+Clu> was cute sure but it doesnt even mention homosexuality

Main Menu

How

Started by Macawmoses, September 05, 2008, 03:52:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Macawmoses

Do you pick your starter?

I think it is safe to say I am with the majority....I go with the one that appeals to me the most, usually based on aesthetics. Treeko, Squirtle, Totodile, and Turtwig all looked the best in my books....

So, how do you pick yours?

JrDude

The fire one. IDK why, but I always liked to pick fire. Sometimes when I start a new game, I use something other than fire, but yeah usualy fire.
[move][/move]
Dude .

Red

I picked mine because the only other fire type is Rapidash. And at the time I had no means of migrating at the time.

Marrato

I pick the water types Squirtle, Totodile, Mudkip, & Piplup, I just love the water type pokemon so I pick them.
Brawl FC:3910 0777 5590

Friendly Hostile

Whichever will be advantageous in the first few gyms.

Gwen Khan

who ever would fit best in my party

Lotos

By looks.  I picked Squirtle, because I thought you had to pick what was on the version D:

I eventually picked Bulbasaur, Cyndaquil (now prefer Totodile), Torchic, and Turtwig.

Macawmoses

Quote from: Lotos on September 06, 2008, 11:56:25 AM
By looks.  I picked Squirtle, because I thought you had to pick what was on the version D:

I eventually picked Bulbasaur, Cyndaquil (now prefer Totodile), Torchic, and Turtwig.
Heh, I thought the same thing.

Sgt.Chilly

Pokemon Red - Bulbasuar
Pokemon Silver - Totodile
Rokemon Ruby - Mudkip
Pokemon Pearl - Turtwig

I like lizards.  I especially like grass lizards.

Java

I usually ended up choosing the Fire Pokemon.

Don't know why, I guess I just really liked Fire Pokemon.

Red - Charizard
Gold - Cyndaquil
Ruby - Torchic
Fire Red - Charizard

Dill

I've been choosing the water type ever since Red version, simply because I would teach them ice beam and earthquake and be quite well-defended against most types. One time I did pick Charmander, but I didn't enjoy it for the first four gyms or so.

Shujinco2

Begining type combos. Which is why I picked Bulbasaur and other such pokemon.

Redmoon

Whichever one I think looks the coolest.

THEEVILSPERKY

First I pick a version to main.  Between Red and Blue, I picked Red.  Blue version would be used to harvest the other starters for 'dex completion and extra items after E4.  Charmander appealed to me much more than the other two.  Plus, there aren't a lot of fire types and you really don't have too many opportunities until later in the game to add one to your party.  It was advantageous to choose the Fire type just for that reason alone; party diversity.

I've found that holds true with me for all the games.  The appeal of a type you won't have common opportunities to catch, the appeal of Fire-type Pokemon in general, and the added challenge that was at least present in the first generation.  Usually people had an easier time getting through the game with Bulbasaur or Squirtle.  Charmander really shined later on, but I liked the extra challenge.  I loved that sound of using Ember on Onix, haha.
NES, SNES, N64, GCN (Jet Black), PQ (JPN), Wii, GBP (Clear), GBC (Green x2), GBASP (x2 Cobalt, x1 NES), DSLite (Black), SG3, SDC (x1 BIG, x1 Clear black top, solid grey/beige bottom), PS (x2), PS2 (Slim, Silver), PS3 (NTSC 60GB upgraded to 500GB), PSP 2000 (Silver, 4GB), XBox360 Elite

GigaMetroid99

I always choose the Water type for my main version, get one of the others for the second version, and the last one for the third version. However, I have no intention on getting Pearl this time around, so it won't work that way this gen.