Previous topic - Next topic

Jono2

Quote from: LinkXLR on January 30, 2008, 09:10:54 PM
Quote from: famy on January 30, 2008, 08:36:30 PM
is big willy unleashed a will smith game

...I'm not even gonna touch this one.

SteamID: Lazylen

Macawmoses

One case doesn't prove a thing, but I do agree. We have too few staff, too many emergencies, etc.

Jono2

Quote from: mackormoses on September 24, 2008, 10:01:24 PM
One case doesn't prove a thing, but I do agree. We have too few staff, too many emergencies, etc.

and our hospitals need to at least acknowledge that someone has been sitting in their hospital for almost A DAY AND A HALF.

by the sounds of it, security, janitors, nurses, nobody even inquired as to why he had been sitting there over two straight shifts!  I mean come on!  you see the same guy in the same place for two of your shifts (if you're assuming the overworked nurse in manitoba, which they are, that's 8 hours of two days straight, 16 hours of seeing this man off and on), wouldn't you wonder why the hell he hasn't received treatment, considering how he's in the EMERGENCY WARD?

L10

Quote from: Jono2 on September 24, 2008, 10:07:18 PM

and our hospitals need to at least acknowledge that someone has been sitting in their hospital for almost A DAY AND A HALF.

When my grandmother had cancer and had to get to the hospital(do remember the exact reason) she had to wait like a whole 24 hours...
0o!f

Tupin

Quote from: SkyMyl
Tuppy frightens me with his knowledge of legacy technology.

Sgt.Chilly

Beatnik

It's not just one case though. At the bottom of the article, it lists four other people who had the same thing happen to them.
"I like cigarettes, Mrs. Taggart. I like to think of fire held in a man's hand. Fire, a dangerous force, tamed at his fingertips. I often wonder about the hours when a man sits alone, watching the smoke of a cigarette, thinking. I wonder what great things have come from such hours. When a man thinks, there is a spot of fire alive in his mind-and it is proper that he should have the burning point of a cigarette as his one expression..."

TheDarkChief

Yes, I've heard about that.

That's because they're short on doctors because they go to other cites for more money.

Jono2

Quote from: TheDarkChief on September 25, 2008, 01:47:17 PM
Yes, I've heard about that.

That's because they're short on doctors because they go to other cites for more money.

thats no excuse for ignoring a man in the emergency ward for 34 hours.

if they're understaffed, ship the patients off somewhere.

Riosan

You get what you pay for.

If you don't pay, expect a bad deal. It's why the US should never adopt universal health care.
[21:51]   <Smashin>   No one likes a sad fat kid.
[21:51]   Mystic has left #nsider (Leaving.)

Tupin

Quote from: Riosan on September 25, 2008, 03:57:23 PM

If you don't pay, expect a bad deal. It's why the US should never adopt universal health care.
I agree 100%.

If anything, you should be required to buy your own health insurance, and even that probably wouldn't work in the US.

Quote from: SkyMyl
Tuppy frightens me with his knowledge of legacy technology.

Jono2

we pay for it out the wazoo with taxes

Gwen Khan

Quote from: Tuppyluver1 on September 25, 2008, 05:15:21 PM

I agree 100%.

If anything, you should be required to buy your own health insurance, and even that probably wouldn't work in the US.

so only the people that can afford health insurance should get health care, and those who can't can just go die in the street?

Friendly Hostile

Our hospitals aren't always speedy either.  I had to go get a chest x-ray once and had to wait several hours to get in.  And it wasn't cheap either.  Even though the x-ray itself took all in 10 minutes to do.

Jono2

Quote from: Friendly Hostile on September 25, 2008, 05:30:55 PM
Our hospitals aren't always speedy either.  I had to go get a chest x-ray once and had to wait several hours to get in.  And it wasn't cheap either.  Even though the x-ray itself took all in 10 minutes to do.

oftentimes when i break/injure a limb (broken arms, sprained wrists, ankles) i have to wait 3+ hours in the ER alone.