News:

Our thoughts go to Silver and his family in this difficult time.

Main Menu

Sonic Unleashed Review from IGN

Started by Neerb, November 19, 2008, 06:48:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neerb

Yay, they finally reviewed the 360 version!  And the final verdict...

4.5/10  http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/934/934713p1.html

:| :| :|

Nayr, is you're real name "Hilary Goldstein?!"

JrDude

Hmm... Are the games easy enough to beat in a few days? I feel like renting both so I can see which I like better.
From what I heard from you guys, 360 sounds a lot better, but all/most of the reviews say Wii is a lot better, so I wanna see what I like better.
[move][/move]
Dude .

Triforceman22

Quote from: Smash Bro 25 on December 03, 2008, 09:26:13 PM

Gotta love how everyone is like "Fuck Hilary" in the comments.
Iv'e played and beaten both versions, and the 360 version is a whole lot more badass.

QuoteRobotnik: GET A LOAD OF THIS!!!!!!!!

Nayrman

I don't get it... X_X;;

I haven't played the PS3 version myself yet (since it isnt out.....seriously wtf it's the same darn game) but the new gen version is better. Reviewers only like the Wii one better because there are no hubs. and IGN can't review crap these days...not to mention they're basically against anything SEGA, EA, or Capcom ever try (drrr... No More Heroes fighting got boring after a while durrrr!)

DededeCloneChris

Quote from: Nayrman on December 05, 2008, 07:19:29 AM

I don't get it... X_X;;

I haven't played the PS3 version myself yet (since it isnt out.....seriously wtf it's the same darn game) but the new gen version is better. Reviewers only like the Wii one better because there are no hubs. and IGN can't review crap these days...not to mention they're basically against anything SEGA, EA, or Capcom ever try (drrr... No More Heroes fighting got boring after a while durrrr!)
Wait, no hub world? (No more run into walls accidentaly as many have said?)

I'm so getting this game now. ;)

Nayrman

Quote from: wiiboychris on December 05, 2008, 12:12:43 PM
Quote from: Nayrman on December 05, 2008, 07:19:29 AM

I don't get it... X_X;;

I haven't played the PS3 version myself yet (since it isnt out.....seriously wtf it's the same dang game) but the new gen version is better. Reviewers only like the Wii one better because there are no hubs. and IGN can't review crap these days...not to mention they're basically against anything SEGA, EA, or Capcom ever try (drrr... No More Heroes fighting got boring after a while durrrr!)
Wait, no hub world? (No more run into walls accidentaly as many have said?)

I'm so getting this game now. ;)
Instead you get poorly made copy/paste pictures with text bubbles that say absoultely NOTHING of importance over 80% of the time and sometimes they even include such beuties such as "No one's here Sonic...let's head back!" ;_;

Tupin

Wow, I just lost any remaining respect I had for IGN.

The Werehog levels are bad, but that on its own doesn't lower to worse than Sonic 2006. There's NO WAY that Sonic Unleashed is worse than Sonic 2006, a game that has NO redeeming qualities except for MAYBE the graphics.

I do have a feeling Sega added the werehog to flesh out the game because the game out be like three hours long without it. But the only thing I agreed with IGN in that review was that I would rather have the game be three hours long and be all good than be ten hours long and have half of it be mediocre.

Quote from: SkyMyl
Tuppy frightens me with his knowledge of legacy technology.

Nayrman

Quote from: Tuppyluver1 on December 05, 2008, 02:01:42 PM

The Werehog levels are bad, but that on its own doesn't lower to worse than Sonic 2006. There's NO WAY that Sonic Unleashed is worse than Sonic 2006, a game that has NO redeeming qualities except for MAYBE the graphics.

I do have a feeling Sega added the werehog to flesh out the game because the game out be like three hours long without it. But the only thing I agreed with IGN in that review was that I would rather have the game be three hours long and be all good than be ten hours long and have half of it be mediocre.
Even Drift was better than 06...
GameInformer is even worse. They said Secret Rings was worse than 06.... sorry, there is no way in hell SR is worse than 06.
But as I've said a lot of times, you can't spell ignorance without IGN....

Triforceman22

Quote from: Nayrman on December 05, 2008, 02:05:14 PM

GameInformer is even worse. They said Secret Rings was worse than 06.... sorry, there is no way in hell SR is worse than 06.

No really....

IGN is full of dumbasses that review games low probably because it's sequels were bad.
I guess they have a grudge against Sega or something. :|

Btw, there are more than 1 missions in each day level.

Tupin

Quote from: Triforceman22 on December 05, 2008, 10:13:47 PM

No really....

IGN is full of dumbasses that review games low probably because it's sequels were bad.

Why can't reviewers just look at the game itself, not the entire series when they review a game? Just take the game for what it is, IGN. Hey, it's at least better than Sonic 2006. Oh, wait...  :|

Triforceman22

Quote from: Tuppyluver1 on December 05, 2008, 11:05:37 PM

No really....

Why can't reviewers just look at the game itself, not the entire series when they review a game? Just take the game for what it is, IGN. Hey, it's at least better than Sonic 2006. Oh, wait...  :|

Did they score unleashed lower than '06?
If they did, thats completely intercourse ing retarded.

Tupin

Quote from: Triforceman22 on December 06, 2008, 09:58:32 AM

No really....

They did.

Sonic Unleashed: 4.5
Sonic 2006: 4.8

The PS3 version of '06 DID get a 4.2, but those are the 360 scores.

Triforceman22

Quote from: Tuppyluver1 on December 06, 2008, 11:12:18 AM
Quote from: Triforceman22 on December 06, 2008, 09:58:32 AM

No really....

They did.

Sonic Unleashed: 4.5
Sonic 2006: 4.8

The PS3 version of '06 DID get a 4.2, but those are the 360 scores.

What the hell were they smoking when Playing unleashed??
I guess they suck at it, and then complain about the game... : |

DededeCloneChris

I think I know why the Wii version got a bigger score:

From Wikipedia:

"The added element of motion controls for the Werehog sections, as well as text-based hub worlds and better Werehog level design and camera system, were reasons cited for the higher review scores for the Wii version of the game."

So hub-worlds where you can explore are not Sonic's thing.

Also, I got the game, very good in the day levels and night levels are good, though I'd have liked the night levels to be shorter.

JrDude

I like hub worlds, but I guess I could live without them, 'cause my sis is gettin' me Sonic Unleased (Wii) for a late Christmas present~
I also hate how it has less levels then the PS3/360 version... But I'll get over it.
[move][/move]
Dude .