Main Menu

Logical Activity Boost for December

Started by Macawmoses, December 02, 2008, 09:42:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Macawmoses

Ahoy,

You all knew this was coming. NSF has been slow since the Snorkel intercourse  job. We all know.

Now, before you start whining that stats are trivial, etc. I want to make one point clear.

I don't give a intercourse .

AtLF, TROU, etc. used to be forums would could easily squash. Hell, even Boyah. Now, we're under them in terms of posting, topics, and general activity.

This isn't all bad, but realistically, we can do better.

The proposition is 500 threads this month, and 7500 posts. Based on recent weeks, I've deemed this possible, and likely, if you all help.

The math:

Last weekend we had 999 posts, and 41 topics. If we consistently get that same amount of posts, the goal should be easy. That'd be 4000 posts in the month of December right there. Add that with the 250 posts a day the past few days, and that is an additional 1250 a week, and 5000 a month. That would be a total of 9000 posts, but 7500 is a safety net.

In terms of topics, this would be a bit harder. 41 topics times four is only 164 topics. That means we'd be shy by 336 topics. Take 12 users posting one topic daily, and that is more than covered. 12.

Basically, we've been lazy, and it's reflecting upon our forum. We have more registrations, but less users staying. We have a number of guests, but they could be posting.

I'm taking into consideration our TF2 server and IRC, but not everyone will. We're really a busy place, but a little more posting would help, and these goals are incredibly easy to do.

With December, break is coming. We can latch on to some users, and expand our "community". I realize some of you will think I'm crazy, and I probably am, but our stats have been on a decline for almost a year. It's about time we grow.

So, are any of you up to it?

Silverhawk79

I'm already doing it.
2 topics today, yay me.

Dawei

I can never come up with any good topics, but I'm trying to increase how much I post here.

Totla

maybe we should focus on getting actual activity up, instead of posting for the sake of stats
if we did that, then we'd have real activity, which is better than three people posting a lot all day to make us look active

Macawmoses

Quote from: Totla on December 02, 2008, 10:02:03 PM
maybe we should focus on getting actual activity up, instead of posting for the sake of stats
if we did that, then we'd have real activity, which is better than three people posting a lot all day to make us look active
It would be real activity. The placebo effect would stem others to post. They'd have things to reply to. Users have said they don't mind replying, they just have an issue of making discussions. Simply, those such as Tuppy that don't have an issue as such are encouraged to do what they do, so the others can do what they do.

えっちーせんぱい

I can start making random nonsensical threads, but if I get banned for one I'm saying "told you so".

Or not.

Kaz

i will be sure to make more amazing threads
Quote<+Mithos> My mom grounded me for being gay.

Matt

Me? Make more topics? Bah Humbug. I will post more, but nothing else.

Totla

Quote from: mackormoses on December 02, 2008, 10:07:20 PM
Quote from: Totla on December 02, 2008, 10:02:03 PM
It would be real activity. The placebo effect would stem others to post. They'd have things to reply to. Users have said they don't mind replying, they just have an issue of making discussions. Simply, those such as Tuppy that don't have an issue as such are encouraged to do what they do, so the others can do what they do.
oh ok
that's fine then

Quote from: Kaz on December 02, 2008, 10:20:08 PM
i will be sure to make more amazing threads
plzplzplzplzplz

ThePowerOfOne

Well, if you want my kinds of threads...

Kilroy

I've made 2 threads in the past few days, and one of them has 160 posts, so I technically boosted the activity a bit.

I'll get off writing the storyline for AWGC 24/7 and get on here more :3
1984 WAS SUPPOSED TO BE AN INSTRUCTION NOT MANUAL
"yes you are anusface, but i am better than!!" - taw, steam forums
 FOR NSF MASCOT

SkyMyl

I ran out of topic ideas three months ago.

Tupin

Quote from: SkyMyl
Tuppy frightens me with his knowledge of legacy technology.

SkyMyl

Mutilator7

I used to say one post was enough for a day but lately i've been more active and don't really have a daily quota of posts, i don't make many topics though.