News:

<+Clu> im 100% nigga

Main Menu

Without a Trace (A DMDTS Sequel)

Started by THEBIRD, January 17, 2009, 11:00:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

THEBIRD

Solon glanced at Jas for only a second, momentarily surprised by her rage. "We've got half an hour to spare," Solon stated. He closed his eyes, visualizing the harbor. "Okay," he started, eyes still closed, "there's a small diner by the harbor. It'll take us 10 minutes to get there if we act fast. We can hide in the back alley way, in the dumpsters. No pirate would search for treasure there. Once all the pirates leave we can stow away on their ship." He opened his eyes back up, smiling slightly. "Seriously guys, calm down. We even have enough time to chill and pack some things. You guys go and get your things together. Don't bring more then a small bag. We'll probably be traveling a lot now, and we don't need a lot of luggage wearing us down." Solon sat up and began pushing them out the door. He stole the form back from Mira, deciding he'd mail it himself under these new circumstances.

"You've all got 10 minutes. Tell Jason and Roy that we're heading out, too." Solon saw to it that they made it out of his basement, and without any time to spare he shut the door in their faces. Within the next few minutes fumbling around could be heard in the basement.
--------
"Sure," the cashier said, smiling, no intentions of giving him any favors now.

Anarchy_Jas

'Woosaah, Jasi,' Jas sighs again then heads for the room that she spent the night in. She clips her chain onto the belt loops of her jeans, then draws it tight so that it doesn't make noise. The ninja starts digging through the few belongings that she did bring, seeing as she didn't expect to be staying for very long. Of course... there were a few things that got by disguised as ordinary objects. Her ninja outfit is supposed to be just a costume for a party, a sack of marbles that is to be a gift, and a few special vials of nail polish because of course, what girl doesn't want to be pretty? 'It's all about the small things right now,' Jas pulls her bag over her shoulder and leaves the room.
"I know they hope I fall, but tell 'em winning is my muthaeffin protocol."

Max Headroom

Mira already had everything on his person.
[move][/move]

Kierou

Before walking out the door Riou said darkly, "And remember, if you don't keep your word, I am capable of much more than what I did to that drunk." With that, the door closed, and the bell jingled cheerily on his way out.

Shujinco2

He's moving.

Shu jumped up from his bench and started following the man. After follwing him for awhile, Shu decided to take alittle action. (Mostly due to bordem.) Shu snuck up close (Not too close, shortly out of swinging distance.) and whispered, as loud as he could muster, "Psst, I saw what you did there. You have guts, and it looks like you are pretty strong too."

Eizweir

Roy stopped playing mid-song and looked to Jas and the look on her face.

"Whoa...  What's going on?  Please don't tell me there was an emergency with the paperwork because this is obviously not about a simple Battle of the Bands."
http://steamcommunity.com/id/xluxaeternax

formerly: Marth Xero, Xero, Roy Khan, Diego Armando, Lux Aeterna, and more I forget it was like 11 years ago jeeze

Anarchy_Jas

"Yeah, emergency," Jas nods her head towards the door. "We leave in less than ten, so grab what you absolutely need. Let's just say we're gonna be doing a bit more runnin' around from here on out."

THEBIRD

(( Note: This character is one of the pirates, so he gets a few special privileges for his character sheet.

Name: Orlando "Wolfe" Stevens
Appearance: Burly man with unruly jet black hair reaching to his chin. He has sea green eyes often in slits like a wolf searching for its prey. His beard seems to stay as a five o' clock shadow, never growing out, and he never shaves it off. He does not look like the typical pirate, besides his blue bandanna wrapped over his head to conceal his thick locks, and he often sports black shades.
Biography: ???
Item: A scimitar with a plain black handle in a sheath on his back
Item 2: A revolver in a holster on his right side
Homeland: SooToo
Starting Place: On a boat, headed to Sans Port ))

"Yo ho, yo ho, a pirate's life for me!" a drunken pirate sang badly. He swung around on the rum barrel he sat on, holding a glass and often scooping more of the drink into it. Orlando watched from a distance, leaning against the rail. He pushed a shock of his black hair out of his eyes and wrapped his bandanna around his head. The salty air around them was cool, and became harsher as they picked up speed. Orlando could see their next target coming up. He estimated they'd hit land in 10 minutes time.

"Wolfe!" barked the man coming out of the cabin near where Orlando stood.

"Yessir," Orlando said, turning slightly to face the captain. He stood tall and mighty, his hair and most of his facial features concealed in a black hat that dipped in front of his face.

"After tha' last mission, don believe you'll be gettin' yer foot outta this here boat!" the captain barked. "You'll be stayin' righ' here, scrubbin' me deck." Orlando didn't reply. He turned away to look at the sparkling ocean, grinding his teeth. "Didja here me?"

"Sure, whatever."

"Wha' was that?"

"Fine. I'll stay on this gosh darn ship. Enjoy your time without my presence. If we keep following your orders we'll come home with not a single bloody coin to show for our efforts!" Orlando roared, no longer to hold in his temper. He wanted to go out on this mission. It wasn't his fault his last attempt at making barrels of gold ended badly. He had been so close, it was Parry who messed him up! Orlando turned to look at the drunk, sitting there singing tunes and drinking rum.

"That's it!" the captain spat, taking out his sword. "Yer nothin' but a bloody disgrace! Yer gonna walk tha' plank fer yer mouth!"

Orlando smiled devishly and took out his own sword. "A battle to the death is in order then?" Without another word, the two began sparring. Orlando proved to be a skilled swordsman, but the captain proved to be a skilled pirate. Orlando had the captain cornered. They were at the bow of the ship, both panting slightly. The captain had lost a hand, and with it his sword. Orlando smiled and pointed his sword to the captain's chin.

"You know, sir," Orlando said with sarcasm dripping from every word. "I've always admired how even at such an old age, you've managed to stand on two feet and bark orders at others more capable then yourself. It's quite admirable. In fact, I almost don't want to finish you off. I don't know if I'd find a sickly pleasure in killing you and watching you fall off this ledge and plunge into the cold, dark waters below that will eat you whole. Would I imagine the sharks that would smell your blood and come to chew on the remains of your torn carcass? Probably. But only because I would want to imagine if you'd feel any pain or not. I can only hope that an animal feeding on your insides won't be painful. But, now that we've come this far, we might as well go the rest of the way, right? Well, captain, please enlighten me with your last words before I feed you to the fish."

Orlando looked down at the old man to see a revolver pointed right at his heart. Before he had time to swing, the captain fired the bullet. There was a loud blast and suddenly everything seemed to become ghostly silent. Orlando looked up, his eyes focusing on the bright sun. Things were getting blurry, was it from the sun's rays? He coughed and could see speckles of red coloring the floor. His hand went to his chest, where more of that deep red color appeared on his hand. Cranberry juice? He felt his feet give, but instead of crumpling to the floor, he felt himself falling backwards over the railing. There was more pain, this time higher in his shoulder, and he realized that the captain fired a second bullet that forced him overboard. He felt the impact of hitting water and then began tasting the salty ocean. He was still deaf from the initial blast, but everything else seemed more sensitive. The cold ocean, salty taste, blazing sun, the rhythmic waves as they pushed him towards shore. His last moment consisted of all these feelings around him before the corners of his eyes began going black. He turned his head slightly and saw the boat move past him. They were only a minute or two away from shore now... And then Orlando felt nothing.

Solon ran up the steps and opened the basement door, a sack over his shoulder. "We're heading out," Solon said quickly. "Grab anything you need and meet me outside." He paused at the door then turned his face slightly at them, seriousness etched throughout his face. "This isn't about the band. Your going to have to do some things you may not want to do, or may not think your cut out to do. This isn't about playing a few songs to make people happy, this is about life or death. I understand I am throwing all this at you so quickly, but it's better to explain the urgency of this now.

"I'm sure you've guessed it, but this isn't all about just making a band. There's more to all this then you could understand so soon. And I understand if after now you've realized you've bitten off more then you can chew. I'd understand if anyone would like to back out, and you can do so at any time. But right now, it'd be safer to stick with me, I can help you get out of here safely. There isn't time to explain any more just yet. I can explain everything on the boat."

After Solon finished, he opened the beaten down door and walked out. He shook his head, then yawned and stretched. Now that that was out of the way, he could relax for a bit until everyone was done getting ready. He just needed them to know how important this was, especially to him.

jnfs2014

Jason sighed. 'Will we be back? I kinda like this place.' he thought. He then proceeded to organize his....err....few things.

Anarchy_Jas

((Lulz, PotC))

Jas steps outside, arms folded. "I'm ready. Don't know about the others though." She watches the wind blow ominously through the treetops. 'And the scent of the air,' "It's probably gonna rain," she murmurs, now watching the clouds roll by.

Max Headroom

Mira simply met the others outside, without a word.
[move][/move]

jnfs2014

Jason finally got his few things together and met the others outside of the door. "So.....where are we going, Solon?"

Light

Harver began packing his things. Out of his carry-on bag, he took out two fingerless gloves. With these, I'll be able to channel whatever remaining power I have from the Dead Men into my hands, he thought. May not be much, but it should still be sufficient. He put his bag around his shoulder and walked outside.
Holy crap all my sigs were always poop. Best leave this space alone.

Anarchy_Jas

((Copyin' Jas' style, much. LS =P))

Jas looks back when Harver comes outside, seemingly in her daze still. A few moments later though, she notices the gloves on his hands, and starts laughing. She can't help to do so even at a time like this, pointing out, "Aww, hahaha. We match."

Light

((What? Naw. I mean - no, not at all! =3))

Harver chuckled as he realized the similarities. "Yes, I suppose we do," he said, looking down at his gloves. Hmm... perhaps I should have designed them with cover for the fingers...
Holy crap all my sigs were always poop. Best leave this space alone.