Main Menu

Leaving your country of origin.

Started by Tupin, January 27, 2009, 11:05:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Link3588

The most is driving into then out of Canada back when I was around the age of 5 or something.  My mom did it just to say we had left the US.  As you can guess I don't remember this or any of the events of the vacation we had around this time.

Kraziwun

My first experience going out of the US was a trip to Costa Rica in 2006... then we went to Mexico in 2007 and I got to go to El Salvador this past summer.

There's just something about Latin America... it's like, I don't want to go again but at the same time I feel like I really want to be there. It's freaky.

I'd probably like it better if my spanish was better, lol.

jnfs2014

Friendly Hostile

ThePowerOfOne

phatyo

Quote from: SolidSNK on January 28, 2009, 09:54:30 AM
I've lived in Quebec for five days, on a school trip. We stayed at host families with another person in our class, and it was kind of exciting, if not very frustrating. One would assume the host families would have to speak English, because we were just 8th grade students and not fluent at all in the language of French. I was surprised to see that only the older brother of the family understood half the things we said. The mother didn't really get much at all, making it totally awkward.

At the same time, however, it was fun to see that the kids there were just like us. We watched two seasons of Family Guy (dubbed) and played a lot of Halo 2. In the mornings we would watch Jackie Chan Adventures (which I didn't understand, but knew enough of the episodes to know what was going on).

The only thing I don't understand from there is bagged milk. What's with that, Quebec?

you must of been in like upstate Quebec cause bagged milk, is something I never heared before. So yeah the more up north you go the more strange is gets lol

Syncopathic

Yeah, I went to Nicaragua when I was 5.
My mom took me to meet some of her family.
That's the only time I went out of the U.S.

Talim

I've..been to the US a couple times...xD My mom also wants to take me to Lebanon this summer and Japan next summer~

Syncopathic

ThePowerOfOne

Quote from: Sync on January 30, 2009, 03:20:47 PM
Quote from: Talim2004 on January 30, 2009, 03:02:06 PM
and Japan next summer~
I hate you.
I'm going this Summer :3

Or sometime around then. My gradparents said they'd buy me a ticket to go but I forgot when D:

SkyMyl

Talim

Jono2

I've..been to the US a couple times...xD My mom also wants to take me to Lebanon this summer and Japan next summer~

Lebanon... D:

wish for your sake it was still "The Paris of the Middle-East"...

or was it a different city? >_>

Quote from: LinkXLR on January 30, 2008, 09:10:54 PM
Quote from: famy on January 30, 2008, 08:36:30 PM
is big willy unleashed a will smith game

...I'm not even gonna touch this one.

SteamID: Lazylen

Talim

Quote from: Jono2 on January 30, 2009, 07:41:28 PM

Lebanon... D:

wish for your sake it was still "The Paris of the Middle-East"...

or was it a different city? >_>
Uh..O.o "The Paris of the Middle East" huh? I've..never heard that before..

I actually don't really want to go to Lebanon. My mom is forcing me to go, though...I told her I don't wanna go because, first of all, I HATE planes..>< And um, second of all, i'm scared some small war might break out while i'm there because that happened 2 summers ago and last summer, too...so..

Oh, and Lebanon is a country, not a city.

Zovistograt

Quote from: phatyo on January 30, 2009, 09:31:56 AM
you must of been in like upstate Quebec cause bagged milk, is something I never heared before. So yeah the more up north you go the more strange is gets lol
don't you mean up-province or something?
"I lovat a gabber.  I could listen to maure and moravar again.  Regn onder river.  Flies do your float.  Thick is the life for mere." - James Joyce (Finnegans Wake, page 213)