Main Menu

Languages- Yo prefiero...

Started by HTA!, March 02, 2009, 07:41:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What language is more interesting/would you like to learn?

Greek
4 (14.8%)
Spanish
7 (25.9%)
Italian
7 (25.9%)
French
8 (29.6%)
Akkadian :P
2 (7.4%)
Chinese
6 (22.2%)
Japanese
18 (66.7%)
Noob :|
4 (14.8%)
German
2 (7.4%)
[Other]
3 (11.1%)

Total Members Voted: 27

SkyMyl

I would like to learn Japanese. Spanish is being forced on me, as it's part of my heritage.

Shujinco2

I like Japanese, French and Italian, but I also would like to learn Kilngon. :P

Japanese mainly for the whole anime thing.

Blaperile

Blaziken must be a character in Super Smash Bros!

britneymahboy

Quote from: Lord Layton on March 02, 2009, 09:25:21 PM
As Jono pointed out, it'd be Chinese. It's an increasingly powerful country...but just saying Chinese doesn't work being that there are dialects that are very different. With that said, any of the dialects would work fine for me, say, Mandarin.

The Chinese english base will soon outnumber that of the United States and Canada combined, so they'll be able to push us to their language should they choose.

For those saying "learning one romance language learns all three" you're a moron. It's a common misconception. Sure, there are clear cut similarities, such as the base numbers. But when you cut through to them, there is much different structure, and even word use. Take it from someone who knows French and is proactive in learning Spanish.
I think Italian is more closely related to Spanish in structure, than Spanish is to French, although Italian, I think, is more closely related to French.  Anyways, I love the way Italian sounds, but I hate how everyone thinks they all talk with a Mario-intonation .
NAMBLA

Silverhawk79

Japanese would make me appealing to the weeaboo chicks at my school.

The Seventh

German, Greek, or Japanese.

Don't know why, except those seem like cool languages.
meh

Triforceman22

German
Italian
Japanese.

Holy poop. I just noticed those were the Axis powers. :O

QuoteRobotnik: GET A LOAD OF THIS!!!!!!!!

Zovistograt

Quote from: Triforceman22 on March 03, 2009, 12:41:24 PM
German
Italian
Japanese.

Holy poop. I just noticed those were the Axis powers. :O
"I lovat a gabber.  I could listen to maure and moravar again.  Regn onder river.  Flies do your float.  Thick is the life for mere." - James Joyce (Finnegans Wake, page 213)

Tupin

Holy crap, that's actually real.

Quote from: SkyMyl
Tuppy frightens me with his knowledge of legacy technology.

Vive/Scarffle

French, Japanese and English.
;3;
I know some Mandarin but mostly Cantonese since I'm part Chinese as well as Vietnamese. So I'm fluent in both.
I know the basics of Japanese and some other asian languages as well. But I think it be cool to be trilingual in many languages.
And I would like to learn English better. xD; My grammar is quite simple as well as my vocabulary and spelling. (Yay for the dictionary and spell check. ;A;) And there are many words that confuse me. xD And I have to question about it. >A< But my reading/writing level is below average for someone my age.
/Flails.
;n;

Zovistograt

Quote from: Viveeanne on March 03, 2009, 03:53:03 PM
And I would like to learn English better. xD; My grammar is quite simple as well as my vocabulary and spelling. (Yay for the dictionary and spell check. ;A;) And there are many words that confuse me. xD And I have to question about it. >A< But my reading/writing level is below average for someone my age.
/Flails.
;n;
I really wouldn't have guessed.  You seem entirely fluent :3

Quote from: Tupin on March 03, 2009, 03:46:11 PM
Holy crap, that's actually real.
Hetalia Axis Powers?  Heck yes, even if the episodes are only 5 minutes each.
"I lovat a gabber.  I could listen to maure and moravar again.  Regn onder river.  Flies do your float.  Thick is the life for mere." - James Joyce (Finnegans Wake, page 213)

HTA!

Quote from: Viveeanne on March 03, 2009, 03:53:03 PM
French, Japanese and English.
;3;
I know some Mandarin but mostly Cantonese since I'm part Chinese as well as Vietnamese. So I'm fluent in both.
I know the basics of Japanese and some other asian languages as well. But I think it be cool to be trilingual in many languages.
/Flails.
;n;

All the Indian kids at my school have the same problem...

They also pronounce some words awkwardly... but I guess having seen the language all my life I understand the phonetic tendencies of English more than they do,

Syncopathic

I'd love to learn French and japanese.
Quote from: Silverhawk79 on March 03, 2009, 10:48:57 AM
Japanese would make me appealing to the weeaboo chicks at my school.
Are they hot?

Mario64

Yeah, I'd want to speak....

Nordic (Language of Iceland), English, and Mexican

not famy