News:

ASSUMING DIRECT CONTROL.

Main Menu

If You Were A Gym Leader...

Started by JrDude, April 13, 2009, 02:31:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JrDude

If you somehow became a gym leader, what would your Pokémon type be? And no, you cannot be a creative gym and use several types, all pokémon you use would have to have a specific type.
Second, how would you design your gym? would you give your opponents a challenge to get to you? or just make a path that can easily access you?
Third, what would your team be? Remember, if you're for example a normal gym, you cannot have any pokémon that don't have normal in their type (though, you'd be able to use a lot of fly types with that). And also remember, most gym leaders only have 3 or 4 pokémon (besides when they re-challenge you), so you should keep that in mind, though I won't care if it's more or less. Also, no legendaries.
Fourth, your badge. What would your badge look like? You can describe it, or use Paint to make one. Also name it (they all have some weird names)

----------------------

I for one would have a Dark gym.
I don't know what the gym would look like, I'll think about it.
My team would probably be Houndoom, Sableye, Absol, and Honchkrow. Not necessarily in that order.
My badge would be look like black fire, and idk, the shade badge?
[move][/move]
Dude .

Macawmoses

My two favorite types are dark and ice, so it would likely be one of those. Of course, my best Pokemon would be Weavile, which is both.

As for the rest on the team (we'll go with Ice), there would be an Abomasnow to whip up a blizzard, a Jynx to get some sleep going on, and likely Walrein to clear out any fire types that think they can blast through.

I'd have a puzzle too, involving sliding. But instead of just sliding, you'd need to find a way to crash into snowmen in order to get through. If you go through the wrong snowman....trainer time!

My badge would be the Everfrost Badge. It'd look like a jagged snowflake, but if you looked closely, you'd be able to see features of Glailie :O

Yeah...

Nayrman

Dark are my favorite type.
Team would be: Umbreon, Weavile, Absol, Honchkrow, and Houndoom
Gym layout would be like a dark cave or something...I don't know.

jnfs2014

Steel Type. 6th badge.
My team would be: Empoleon (Lv.38), Steelix (Lv.36), Skarmory (Lv.37) and Lucario (Lv.40)
Badge would be the Titanium Badge.

Friendly Hostile

I'd be pretty content with Ice.  As for the the gym itself, I'd probably just keep it simple.  No other trainers or anything.

Triforce_Luigi

Probably Dark, Ice, Steel, or Ghost. I'll go with Ghost.

My team would be:

Spiritomb with Dark Pulse, Rest, Pain Split and Psychic
Dusknoir with Shadow Punch, Fire Punch, Ice Punch, and Thunderpunch
Froslass with Blizzard, Hail, Confuse Ray, Crunch
Rotom (switches Formes with each fight) with whatever the current forme's special attack is, Shadow Ball, Shock Wave, and Double Team
Gengar with Shadow Ball, Destiny Bond, Hypnosis, Nightmare.

The badge would be the Phantom Badge, and would be shaped like a Spiritomb, filled in with gray. The TM received upon defeat would be TM 30, Shadow Ball.

The gym layout would have an invisible maze. Going the wrong way would result in one of five trainer battles.

jnfs2014

@Tri: I think you should put Shadow Claw/Ball down. Half your Poke's aren't Dark.

Triforce_Luigi

Quote from: JNeedForSpeed2014 on April 13, 2009, 04:51:44 PM
@Tri: I think you should put Shadow Claw/Ball down. Half your Poke's aren't Dark.

Excellent point. *modifies*

GreatGonzales106

Matt

Fire type of course. :3
Team would consist of: Rapidash, Arcanine, Magmortar, and Charizard.
Badge would be the: Flare badge, it will be in the shape of a flame and when put up towards the sun it will show the image of a Charizard.
Gym we be located at the top of a large volcano. There will be a large set up steps leading up to the top, and among those steps there will be four trainers that will stop at every 50 steps. So, that means there will be a total of 250 steps you will have to walk. Lastly, you may not use your Pokemon to get up, you must walk up all 250 steps to test your endurance and determination.

jnfs2014

Quote from: Matt on April 13, 2009, 06:26:40 PM
Fire type of course. :3
Team would consist of: Rapidash, Arcanine, Magmortar, and Charizard.
Badge would be the: Flare badge, it will be in the shape of a flame and when put up towards the sun it will show the image of a Charizard.
Gym we be located at the top of a large volcano. There will be a large set up steps leading up to the top, and among those steps there will be four trainers that will stop at every 50 steps. So, that means there will be a total of 250 steps you will have to walk. Lastly, you may not use your Pokemon to climb, climbing the 250 steps is to test your endurance and determination.
Good thing D/P/P introduced running in buildings.

Neerb

My type would be Electric.

My gym would be arranged like this:  when you walk in, there is one button in front of an electrical barrier.  Once you press it, the next section would be two buttons in front of an electrical barrier.  Now, if you press the wrong button, you will be forced to fight a trainer.  This will continue in numerical sequence until the last barrier has five buttons (resulting in up to 10 battles if you're unlucky enough).  Also, all trainers will have the exact same pokemon:  Lanturn and Electabuzz.  Once you get past the final barrier, you will battle me immediately, without having the chance to heal your pokemon, so it's kind of a luck-based endurance test.

My Pokemon in no particular order:  Raichu, Ampharos, Jolteon, Magnezone, Rotom.  Now, for my final trick:  Rotom's a wild card.  Rotom will always be in one of his elemental forms, but exactly what form that is is random!  You might be fighting Blizzard Rotom first, then Air Slash Rotom in a rematch, and your friend might just get Leaf Storm Rotom every time!

If you defeat me, my badge is a black cloud with a blue and yellow lightning bolts going behind it skull-and-crossbones style.  It's called the Thunderhead Badge.

Fish

I'd be bug. Bug Pokemon are the bomb... Kinda.  =P
I'll modify my team in this post after I do some thinking.

JrDude

[move][/move]
Dude .

Macawmoses

Quote from: JrDude on April 13, 2009, 08:35:44 PM
Isn't Rotom "legendary"?
Nope. The guide says it is, but it really isn't.