News:

<+Clu> Silverhawk79 is just wrong for me

Main Menu

New SMB Wii

Started by WiiGuy, June 02, 2009, 10:16:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nayrman

Quote from: DOODLEboy99 on June 06, 2009, 06:18:32 PM
Well, at E3 they said players would die if they ended up getting out of the screen.
So, say the game is online. What if you're playing against a player much better than you? All you'd do is be falling of the screen the whole match.
get out of the match and play with someone else or get better.

SkyMyl

Quote from: Nayrman on June 06, 2009, 06:32:45 PM
get out of the match and play with someone else or get better.
But everywhere you go, lag follows.

Neerb

Quote from: DOODLEboy99 on June 06, 2009, 06:18:32 PM
Well, at E3 they said players would die if they ended up getting out of the screen.
So, say the game is online. What if you're playing against a player much better than you? All you'd do is be falling of the screen the whole match.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Hey, get that reasoning off my forums!  You wanna get flamed?!

JrDude

First of all, if I watched correctly, the screen slowly scrolls to the side, and it seems you can't make it go faster, so that part wouldn't be a problem. But lag, that would definitely be a problem, it's almost as bad as the "going too fast" remark.
[move][/move]
Dude .

Doodle

Exactly. I'd rather just have a leaderboard for a time trials mode or something.
YEAH

StarWindWizard7

Quote from: Zero on June 06, 2009, 09:23:17 AM
Irrelevant.

In all my years of being a gamer I've picked up on things. The only people that can't stand SMB are the people that suck ass at it. It's superior to Super Mario Bros. 2, New Super Mario Bros, and really the only 2D Mario game that is actually better than it is Super Mario Bros 3. Speed runs are a blast, and the best Game Boy game imo is still Super Mario Bros Deluxe.

Your point wasn't supported very well. The game revived the industry for a f***ing reason.
I don't give a rats ass how long you been playing video games to where you can pick up on things. Yeah, I don't like The first Mario game, never did and never will. Do I suck at it? Yeah, I do though I haven't played it in a very long time, but what ever about that. Some people like the first Mario Bros. game over others, so I can understand that. I like SMB 2 and 3 over one, big deal.

My point was my Opinion, don't tell me other wise.
_______

Oh, and about the other subject at hand about this game being online.
Let it be an Option... Please both those who want to keep the game simple and those who want to play with there friends over great distances online.

And don't give the excuse of "lag" for example.
Mario Kart Wii (which I'm sure is Far more complicated then THIS Game New Super Mario Bros.) can easily hold/handle online features.

Surly, a simple side scrolling stage with enemies and moving platforms should not produce So much lag to where people just can't function and perform.
That in itself (IMO) is just about as a worst excuse as Wii's online capability for this GAME in the 1st place.

For what ever reason a person may say "oh, this game doesn't need this or that etc etc..." there is always somebody else who will say, " well actually if it did have this or that etc etc etc...".
The game IMO would be more Open if it had more options for people to enjoy it. It being online brings people closer together because sometimes they are too far apart.

Macawmoses

Quote from: DOODLEboy99 on June 07, 2009, 12:41:58 AM
Exactly. I'd rather just have a leaderboard for a time trials mode or something.
Why have leaderboards over a feature so bland? Like I said, this should be a CORE Mario title, and nothing more.

Doodle

Quote from: Macbeth on June 07, 2009, 10:38:34 PM
Why have leaderboards over a feature so bland? Like I said, this should be a CORE Mario title, and nothing more.
It would be fun competing with others for times on the levels.
At least I think it would be. D:

Having or not having online shouldn't be that big of a deal, though. It's a Mario game that goes back to its roots. It doesn't need loads of extra features.
I'd rather have them work hard on the main part of the game and not have them worry about online features.
YEAH

shadowmarioguy

Eh, there's nothing special about the Wii's online capabilities anyway.  Though it is a poor excuse, how great do you really think the multiplayer would be if it did have online?  That's left up to your personal opinion and imagination, but I could care less if it has multiplayer or not.  I rarely play online.  If the actual game itself is good, I'll be a happy gamer.  If it's too easy and straightforward as one might expect, online gameplay would be meaningless.  There's no point in playing a game with others if it's not that great a game to begin with.

Zero

Quote from: StarWindWizard7 on June 07, 2009, 10:12:50 PM
I don't give a rats ass how long you been playing video games to where you can pick up on things. Yeah, I don't like The first Mario game, never did and never will. Do I suck at it? Yeah, I do though I haven't played it in a very long time, but what ever about that. Some people like the first Mario Bros. game over others, so I can understand that. I like SMB 2 and 3 over one, big deal.

My point was my Opinion, don't tell me other wise.

Granted, you can like what you like. I could like slitting people's throats but I'd just be labeled a lunatic.

I was simply saying that the reason you dislike it is pretty stupid. Actually pick it up and try to get better at it, and you'd probably enjoy yourself. Basing opinions of a game off of your skill level is just a lame excuse to not try to get a better at a game.

StarWindWizard7

Quote from: Zero on June 11, 2009, 02:55:33 PM
Granted, you can like what you like. I could like slitting people's throats but I'd just be labeled a lunatic.

I was simply saying that the reason you dislike it is pretty stupid. Actually pick it up and try to get better at it, and you'd probably enjoy yourself. Basing opinions of a game off of your skill level is just a lame excuse to not try to get a better at a game.
Me disliking the game because I compare it to other games (Mario Games) is stupid And I just don't like it you think it's stupid? Well because it's actually Myself feeling this way, it's just the way it is, and that won't change. Not everybody will like a game, even it it's the 1st of it's kind. I hate Sonic 1 for similar reasons but Love the rest of the Sonic series (Sonic 2 and 3 for perfect examples. If you think it's stupid thats fine, cause in the end it won't change a thing.

Let's forget about this, cause I was done talking about it over 2 days ago.

bluaki

Quote from: StarWindWizard7 on June 05, 2009, 12:54:50 AM
I ...... HATE ....to my Heart, Super Mario Bros. 1.
The game sucks on so many levels (no pun), I hate it, hate it, HATE IT!

Super mario bros. 2 and super mario bros. 3 were FAR and BEYOND superior to that game I hate so much. *shudders*.

I never played SMB for the Wii, for fear of it being just like SMB 1.
I'm not really fond of the first SMB game myself... but hating it is a bit extreme.

There has never been an "SMB for the Wii" before, outside of Virtual Console. If you mean New Super Mario Bros 1, that is for DS, not Wii. And it is not at all like SMB 1. Imagine how SMB3 and Super Mario World are different from SMB1, and the same generally applies to New SMB. Different stages, different graphics, different powerups, different difficulty, etc.

StarWindWizard7

Quote from: Bluaki on June 12, 2009, 08:54:25 AM
I'm not really fond of the first SMB game myself... but hating it is a bit extreme.

There has never been an "SMB for the Wii" before, outside of Virtual Console. If you mean New Super Mario Bros 1, that is for DS, not Wii. And it is not at all like SMB 1. Imagine how SMB3 and Super Mario World are different from SMB1, and the same generally applies to New SMB. Different stages, different graphics, different powerups, different difficulty, etc.
Well thank you for clearing that up.
To be honest, I hate the first one really because gameplay wise and a few power up's it just sucks compared to other similar Mario games (so be it SMB 3). But this is just me and my own opinion.

If the New Mario Bros. game plays Not like SMB 1, I should be happy enough. Thats all I ask for, lol.

Nayrman

http://stars.ign.com/articles/994/994192p1.html

IGN gives the Toads unofficial names. I rather like them.
I still don't like the idea of being two generic Toads though. Do you think Nintendo should go and give them names or just leave them as is?

StarWindWizard7

Quote from: Nayrman on June 15, 2009, 05:37:20 PM
http://stars.ign.com/articles/994/994192p1.html

IGN gives the Toads unofficial names. I rather like them.
I still don't like the idea of being two generic Toads though. Do you think Nintendo should go and give them names or just leave them as is?
*shakes head*

Yellow Toad= Wario, Blue Toad = WaLuigi.

I hope they are in the game.