News:

<+Clu> im 100% nigga

Main Menu

So... How Does One Carry So Much Stuff?

Started by JrDude, June 26, 2009, 07:44:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JrDude

In about every (good) game, you obtain some kind of money (coins, rupees, rings, etc.), and also obtain a bunch of items. Where do they put all of that stuff? Mario can walk around, no lumps in the pockets or anything, then BAM a hammer comes out of nowhere. And (WW) Link just runs with no bag or whatever and pulls out this HUGE hammer out of nowhere (Huh, I used a hammer in both examples). And Sonic, well he runs around nude besides the shoes+socks and gloves, so where does he put his 100 rings? in his socks?
And another question regarding items, when they get something new (like say a bigger wallet or a better hammer/shoes) to replace an old, what do they do with the old one?
Discuss.
[move][/move]
Dude .

Eizweir

And when they do have bags it can still carry a truckload of stuff.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/xluxaeternax

formerly: Marth Xero, Xero, Roy Khan, Diego Armando, Lux Aeterna, and more I forget it was like 11 years ago jeeze

Kilroy

1984 WAS SUPPOSED TO BE AN INSTRUCTION NOT MANUAL
"yes you are anusface, but i am better than!!" - taw, steam forums
 FOR NSF MASCOT

Tupin

Two words: Bottomless pockets.

Maybe Sonic's rings are edible.

Quote from: SkyMyl
Tuppy frightens me with his knowledge of legacy technology.

Nayrman

This plot-hole has been going on since ancient times with the Norse god Thor. Basically they used the excuse Thor could shrink his hammer to pocket size with magic. Thusly, all magical armor/pockets that can old more than anything should realistically hold is called "Hammer Space".

Basically it's the idea that these guys can carry 100 Rupees, a giant ball and chain, a bow and arrow, two clawshots, etc. with no physical strain simply because it's a book/movie/game and frankly it's for the sake of fiction and shouldn't be taken so seriously.

Captain Justice

lol.....nobody will ever know.

Really though, its just part of (almost) every game that ppl just ignore.
Quote from: Talim on September 04, 2009, 05:26:53 PM
Yesterday, sort of. I was on the verge of crying. Why? I got into an argument with a couple other people from #nsider and it got me really upset. I didn't really cry much though
Quote from: Tsumaru on September 20, 2009, 11:29:22 AM
Can we ban Hoss, please?

JrDude

I wasn't taking it seriously... it was more like a joke, I like to see the ideas of how they can do so.
And I knew someone would say something like that soon (about seriousness)
[move][/move]
Dude .

Nayrman

Quote from: JrDude ♪ on June 26, 2009, 08:15:30 PM
I wasn't taking it seriously... it was more like a joke, I like to see the ideas of how they can do so.
And I knew someone would say something like that soon (about seriousness)
I know, but that's usually the official story unless they take care of that plot hole themselves like in Harry Potter.

Qsmash

You know like in SA2 when Sonic uses the Magic Hand and shrinks them down into ball. Maybe it's like that except smaller.

PsychoYoshi

Bag of Holding.

Also, the issue was partially addressed in Zelda; Link has pockets on his tunic in Twilight Princess.

L10

Their bag/pocket is actually a door way to another dimension, where time is slower(things happen fast for us), so when they put things away it goes to the other dimension in a storage facility. When they need something to be taken back out the little people make use of their speedyness in our world and quickly get the character of question their item. And when a bigger bag is acquired? It's simply have a larger storage facility in the other dimension which was probably paid for. And the old one is used for another character in some other game.

Not that hard to figure out really.
0o!f

Titus Andronicus

Tramps like us, baby we were born to die.

JrDude

Quote from: SolidSNK on June 26, 2009, 09:15:39 PM
how do you type with boxing gloves on
Who said anything about boxing gloves?
[move][/move]
Dude .

Ares300

Quote from: PsychoYoshi on June 26, 2009, 08:36:24 PM
Bag of Holding.

Also, the issue was partially addressed in Zelda; Link has pockets on his tunic in Twilight Princess.

As compared to this.......

JrDude

Quote from: Ares300 on June 26, 2009, 09:21:42 PM
As compared to this.......

I've seen that picture before. I was hoping someone would post it.
[move][/move]
Dude .