Change is coming. HOPE CHANGE UNITY

Main Menu

New clones wanted?

Started by Neerb, July 16, 2009, 10:13:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nayrman

Quote from: Echo on July 19, 2009, 03:42:47 PM
Sadly yes I have played Brawl.

Now for the love of God how can you possibly think the moves are the same? Go play Brawl right now and with Fox, Falco, and Wolf go test the moves. Unless the blaster looks the same, acts the same, and does the exact same amount of damage then they aren't f***ing clones. Same applies for all of the moves....with all the clones. Not a single one of the specials is EXACTLY the same.....so its not a dang clone. Now do this for all the "clones" and you will see that none of them are the same move.
So then according to you there is no such thing as a clone in any fighting game whatsoever.
I demand that Pichu, Pikachu, and Raichu all be in Smash 4 with the same basic moveset but with a different metagame!

Captain Justice

I actually wanted Raichu lol, and I wouldn't mind that, since I only care about the metagame.

I just hate the phrase clone....since they aren't clones. Obviously Falco and Wolf are based off of Fox, but they aren't exact copies, same for all the "clones". Like I said before the only character that was too similar to its original was Dr. Mario....and look at that they got rid of him.
Quote from: Talim on September 04, 2009, 05:26:53 PM
Yesterday, sort of. I was on the verge of crying. Why? I got into an argument with a couple other people from #nsider and it got me really upset. I didn't really cry much though
Quote from: Tsumaru on September 20, 2009, 11:29:22 AM
Can we ban Hoss, please?

Neerb

So you're actually OFFENDED by us using the word clone?!

Nayrman

Quote from: Echo on July 19, 2009, 03:59:42 PM
I actually wanted Raichu lol, and I wouldn't mind that, since I only care about the metagame.

I just hate the phrase clone....since they aren't clones. Obviously Falco and Wolf are based off of Fox, but they aren't exact copies, same for all the "clones". Like I said before the only character that was too similar to its original was Dr. Mario....and look at that they got rid of him.
Oh, so you're one of those guys from Melee who was "Fox on FD only" kind of guys.
I just want original characters that are carefully balanced. Everyone having a blaster, reflector, illusion, etc. is just lazy and unoriginal. It's really not even the animation portion it's just chainging the stats on all of them to a certain extent.

Captain Justice

lol I used Bowser one of the absolute worst characters in the game......but yes I played by tourny rules and nothing else, since nothing else was any fun to me.

I really don't care if they have "clones" or not, I kinda like them, but I wouldn't be too upset if they left.
Yesterday, sort of. I was on the verge of crying. Why? I got into an argument with a couple other people from #nsider and it got me really upset. I didn't really cry much though
Can we ban Hoss, please?

Nayrman

Quote from: Echo on July 19, 2009, 04:24:26 PM
lol I used Bowser one of the absolute worst characters in the game......but yes I played by tourny rules and nothing else, since nothing else was any fun to me.

I really don't care if they have "clones" or not, I kinda like them, but I wouldn't be too upset if they left.
just seeing on what level of tourney-fag you were.
And just to note, I pretty much always use tourney rules, but a change every now and again is fun. Metagame is one thing, but I'd rather have unique characters from series that deserve it and are fun to play. As long as they bother to test the game (which they obviously didn't *glares at Metaknight*) the metagame will be fine.

Neerb

Quote from: Nayrman on July 19, 2009, 04:30:29 PM
just seeing on what level of tourney-fag you were.
And just to note, I pretty much always use tourney rules, but a change every now and again is fun. Metagame is one thing, but I'd rather have unique characters from series that deserve it and are fun to play. As long as they bother to test the game (which they obviously didn't *glares at Metaknight*) the metagame will be fine.

Well it is the METAgame.  [/pun]

Captain Justice

I think its more fun to use low tier characters in tourny rules because its just that much more rewarding when you win......if you win. Of course it helped that I also used Falco a lot in Melee, but mostly Bowser.

Can we ban Hoss, please?

Nayrman

Quote from: Echo on July 19, 2009, 05:24:47 PM
I think its more fun to use low tier characters in tourny rules because its just that much more rewarding when you win......if you win. Of course it helped that I also used Falco a lot in Melee, but mostly Bowser.
I know, I love beating people with my Sonic.
I still want to know what you would consider a "clone" outside of Doc Mario, because from what I've seen even the Doc wouldn't qualify as a clone to you.

Captain Justice

I really never had any complaints with any of the "clone" characters.....which is why I was pretty surprised that so many people cared when I first came to Oldsider (oh so long ago).

I guess thats why I don't consider any characters clones......because I just don't really think its that big of a deal that they share some moves with there original characters. Roy is the second closest thing to a clone that I can think of.....but even he has some pretty huge differences.
Can we ban Hoss, please?

jnfs2014

I wish they changed Falco's Up-B. :(

Neerb

Quote from: Echo on July 19, 2009, 05:38:20 PM
I really never had any complaints with any of the "clone" characters.....which is why I was pretty surprised that so many people cared when I first came to Oldsider (oh so long ago).

I guess thats why I don't consider any characters clones......because I just don't really think its that big of a deal that they share some moves with there original characters. Roy is the second closest thing to a clone that I can think of.....but even he has some pretty huge differences.

Whether or not you like them has absolutely nothing to do with whether or not they're clones.  I mean, I prefer Ganondorf over Captain Falcon and Falco and Wolf over Fox, but they're still clones.

StarWindWizard7

I understand the point of Nayr And Echo.

Nayr feels that if a characters attacks/moves do the Same thing as another character (example, Fox Reflector, Wolf Reflector, Falco Reflector) they are clones. Despite the look/color.

Echo feels differently because when these specific character uses these shields for example they DO look different and can be used differently such as when Falco kicks his reflector.

@ Nayr, would you consider Fox and Wolf to be clones if for some reason Wolf would of carried some kind Shield (not reflector) that reflected projectiles just like Fox's reflector?

Me, honestly I don't care about clones. However, Sakurai is lazy...... and if 7 year old could come up with move sets for characters that are 100% Different then the move set the creators of Smash gave these characters, then the creators have No excuse (or lack of an imagination).

LOL........... 3 Landmasters? ? ? ? ? WTH!
@_@

Nayrman

If they're the same "kind" of character (Ness/Lucas, Fox/Wolf/Falco) and the same move does inherently the same thing, I think they're a cloned move. Regardless of the look. I still say PK Freeze and PK Flash are cloned moves despite the inherent differences.

HTA!

Hey, tourney fags are cool.