News:

<+Clu> Silverhawk79 is just wrong for me

Main Menu

FOX Recasting Major Voice Roles in Futurama (WTF)

Started by TheDarkChief, July 17, 2009, 04:33:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheDarkChief

QuoteFox released a statement saying "We love the Futurama voice performers and absolutely wanted to use them, but unfortunately, we could not meet their salary demands. While replacing these talented actors will be difficult, the show must go on. We are confident that we will find terrific new performers to give voice to Matt and David's brilliantly subversive characters."
SOURCE: http://popwatch.ew.com/popwatch/2009/07/futurama-new-voices.html

WHAT THE FU-RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGEEEEEE
also, hai NSFCD, I'm lurking

Captain Justice

intercourse  that they had better get darn good replacements
Quote from: Talim on September 04, 2009, 05:26:53 PM
Yesterday, sort of. I was on the verge of crying. Why? I got into an argument with a couple other people from #nsider and it got me really upset. I didn't really cry much though
Quote from: Tsumaru on September 20, 2009, 11:29:22 AM
Can we ban Hoss, please?

Wabba

If John Di Maggio and Katey Sagal leave, then I won't watch this show again.

Jono2

Quote from: LinkXLR on January 30, 2008, 09:10:54 PM
Quote from: famy on January 30, 2008, 08:36:30 PM
is big willy unleashed a will smith game

...I'm not even gonna touch this one.

SteamID: Lazylen

Qsmash

"That means no more Billy West (Fry, Professor, and Ziodberg), Katey Sagal (Leela), John DiMaggio (Bender), Maurice LaMarche (Kif Kroker, among others), or Tress MacNeil (Mom, and several others)."

What the Fuck? Isn't that almost the entire cast? How much money did they ask for?

Tupin

Yeah, bad move FOX. Billy West, Katey Sagal, and John DiMaggio are the most recognizable voices on the show. Maybe if they had changed the voice of less important characters, it wouldn't matter, but they changed the three main characters voices.

Quote from: SkyMyl
Tuppy frightens me with his knowledge of legacy technology.

Nayrman

Dog Food

I blame the actors. They make poop loads of cash, and now need to get greedy and ask for an even bigger raise during an economy crisis. They obviously don't care that much about their fans.

Or Fox could be cheapskates and don't want a big dent in their wallets. I didn't read the whole article, so I don't know the full scope of the situation. It could go either way, but I'm leaning towards the problem lying with the actors.
I get obsessively manic over things. It's a problem.

JrDude

The intercourse ?
If they aren't gonna use the same voice actors for the MAIN CHARACTERS they might as well just make a new series instead of intercourse ing up this one...
Well actually, as long as they're somewhat good, I could care less, I don't pay much attention anyway to the voices anyway.
[move][/move]
Dude .

Gwen Khan

Wabba

Quote from: Jono2 on July 17, 2009, 04:54:19 PM
better than the show having died entirely
Really? The unique voices gave the show personality...It might as well be dead.

Gwen Khan

I say we make some Torgo's Executive Powder out of those fox guys!

Silverhawk79

HTA!