Main Menu

NA Darkrai event

Started by Gwen Khan, July 30, 2009, 09:38:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gwen Khan

http://bulbanews.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Member_Card_to_be_available_to_players_of_North_American_Platinum

The Member Card, an event-only key item that allows players to go to Newmoon Island to encounter the legendary Darkrai, will be distributed via Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection from Aug. 3 to Sept. 13. This is the first time it will be distributed to players of the North American version of Pok?mon Platinum.
In order to obtain Darkrai, players must have unlocked the National Pok?dex in their Platinum game. They must have also approached Cresselia on Fullmoon Island and obtain the Lunar Wing when she leaves.
The Member Card can then be used outside the Harbor Inn in Canalave City. Upon entering, players will encounter a man who will send them sleeping. They will then wake up on Newmoon Island where a Level 50 Darkrai will be available. It will know the moves Hypnosis, Faint Attack, Nightmare and Double Team. The event can be repeated if ever players fled or defeated Darkrai.
This key item was first distributed to players of the Japanese version of Platinum last Dec. 1, 2008 to Jan 15.

jnfs2014

Wouldn't it be possible to EV train off of Darkrai?

Friendly Hostile

Well poop.  I still haven't gotten around to beating the E4 and getting the national dex in Platinum.

Lotos

Quote from: Friendly Hostile on July 30, 2009, 09:59:37 AM
Well poop.  I still haven't gotten around to beating the E4 and getting the national dex in Platinum.

Me neither :-X

The Riddler

Thirded.
And I only need like 20 more. Fffff.

Light

Why is it that all Wi-Fi events seem to be only for Platinum, and not for D/P?
Holy crap all my sigs were always poop. Best leave this space alone.

So_So_Man

Right... Platinum... I should probably finish that

Doodle

Quote from: Javert on August 01, 2009, 05:46:15 PM
Incentive to buy Platinum for those who haven't?
Seems like an awfully long time frame, though. That's more than a month.
YEAH

bluaki

Quote from: Javert on August 01, 2009, 05:46:15 PM
Because Nintendo isn't kind to people who haven't bought their newest similar versions.

It's really weird though, for Nintendo to program into D/P a way to accept Wi-Fi mystery gifts and to obtain the same passes for Shaymin and Darkrai as Platinum is getting while making no such events support D/P.

Really though, the only Wi-Fi event that D/P has gotten anywhere is Japan's Jirachi event which started only half a month ago there. Behind that Jirachi, WISHMKR Jirachi, and Gamestop Deoxys, this will be one of my first event Pokemon and my first 4th gen one because of not getting Platinum until shortly after the Shaymin event.

jnfs2014

It won't let me get it. Crud. :(

JrDude

Quote from: JNFS2014 on August 02, 2009, 09:05:01 PM
It won't let me get it. Crud. :(
Just wait a bit, it's not midnight in some places yet.
[move][/move]
Dude .

jnfs2014

I got Darkrai, but I have to go to a Youth Conderence today, so :(.

Lotos

Quote from: Bluaki on August 02, 2009, 01:12:23 AM
Behind that Jirachi, WISHMKR Jirachi, and Gamestop Deoxys, this will be one of my first event Pokemon

If it wasn't for Toys R Us, it'd be the same for me.

Gwen Khan

Quote from: Lotos on August 03, 2009, 06:41:42 AM
If it wasn't for Toys R Us, it'd be the same for me.

it's my third, First was Toys r Us Darkrai, second was Gamestop Dexoys, and now this

The Riddler

Turns out you don't need the Nat. Dex to get the card, just to use it.
I'd go get it if I were you.
ALSO: IF YOU CAN GET THIS ITEM YOU CAN PLAY ON WIFI.
GO SIGN UP FOR THE FUCKING TOURNAMENT.