News:

<+Clu> have you tried barbecuing the computer

Main Menu

Best Movie Ever

Started by Magnum, August 21, 2009, 10:50:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magnum

Quote from: Dog Food on August 23, 2009, 12:35:33 PM
Didn't like Watchmen all that much, surprisingly. But I did like the first two Harry Potter movies. After that, not so much.
I'm the only one I know that liked Watchmen :-\
Didn't Clint Eastwood do the first 2 Harry Potters? I liked those ones the best as well.

Oh Vesperia, never change... never change

RX-78-2

Quote from: MagnumSonic on August 23, 2009, 12:42:21 PM
I'm the only one I know that liked Watchmen :-\
Didn't Clint Eastwood do the first 2 Harry Potters? I liked those ones the best as well.
Quote from: Dog Food on August 23, 2009, 12:35:33 PM
Didn't like Watchmen all that much, surprisingly. But I did like the first two Harry Potter movies. After that, not so much.

I thought that Watchmen was awesome. I also think that the Harry Potter movies got better as more were made. I just saw Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince and, although it didn't have nearly as much action as the others, I thought it was surprisingly funny and still very entertaining. It's actually one of my favorite Harry Potter movies.

As for the director of the first two Harry Potter movies (Clint Eastwood? no offense, I almost lol'd), Chris Columbus did both.
I dunno hao 2 put imgs heer :(

****************Mack was here******************

Magnum

Quote from: Back to TerribleFrog on August 24, 2009, 03:31:27 PM
As for the director of the first two Harry Potter movies (Clint Eastwood? no offense, I almost lol'd), Chris Columbus did both.
Chris Columbus. I remember know, I used to make fun of him for the name.
But what, they both start with a C, and I don't follow the movie industry that much. Don't blame me.

Oh Vesperia, never change... never change

Dog Food

Quote from: Back to TerribleFrog on August 24, 2009, 03:31:27 PM
I thought that Watchmen was awesome. I also think that the Harry Potter movies got better as more were made. I just saw Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince and, although it didn't have nearly as much action as the others, I thought it was surprisingly funny and still very entertaining. It's actually one of my favorite Harry Potter movies.

I can't watch movies made from books that I've read. Otherwise, I get annoyed whenever they go off the path of the books. Whether it's wrong of me to be so harsh or not, that's just how I am. I always like the book better than the movie. When it comes to the first two Harry Potter's, I think they followed the books the most closely (most likely because they were the shortest books, as well as because Chris Columbus was the best director the movies have ever had), which is probably why I liked them better. Oh, and because the first Dumbledore was the best. If there is one thing that I don't like about movies three through six, it's the new Dumbledore. He just doesn't act the way JK Rowling portrays him, and it annoys me how much they butchered his character.
I get obsessively manic over things. It's a problem.

RX-78-2

Quote from: MagnumSonic on August 24, 2009, 06:13:25 PM
Chris Columbus. I remember know, I used to make fun of him for the name.
But what, they both start with a C, and I don't follow the movie industry that much. Don't blame me.

No problem. His coincidental name (shared with Christopher Columbus) is the only reason I remembered it.

Quote from: Dog Food on August 24, 2009, 06:52:32 PM
I can't watch movies made from books that I've read. Otherwise, I get annoyed whenever they go off the path of the books. Whether it's wrong of me to be so harsh or not, that's just how I am. I always like the book better than the movie. When it comes to the first two Harry Potter's, I think they followed the books the most closely (most likely because they were the shortest books, as well as because Chris Columbus was the best director the movies have ever had), which is probably why I liked them better. Oh, and because the first Dumbledore was the best. If there is one thing that I don't like about movies three through six, it's the new Dumbledore. He just doesn't act the way JK Rowling portrays him, and it annoys me how much they butchered his character.

You're right. Books are always better than the movies. I feel very sorry for those who think otherwise, as books allow you use your imagination and interpret the story in your own way. When you watch a "book movie" you're just watching the cast and crew's imagining/interpretation of the book. I do agree that Chris Columbus and the first Dumbledore were the best, but, offhand, I'm pretty sure that the actor of Gandalf of The Lord of the Rings series is the new Dumbledore, and I think he does a great job. The first one was the best though. As for movies differing from books, I always notice the small things too. It's just a little pet peeve of mine. I find Wikipedia a great place to find nearly all--if not all--differences between the books and their movie adaptations. As long as it's cited, it's true, so looking up a Harry Potter movie article and reading the appropriate section can be very helpful and interesting.
I dunno hao 2 put imgs heer :(

****************Mack was here******************

Triforceman22

All three Lord of the Rings movies.
Masterpieces.

QuoteRobotnik: GET A LOAD OF THIS!!!!!!!!

Shujinco2

Favorite movie???

Casablanca.

Light

Quote from: Penmoet on August 28, 2009, 06:10:15 PM
Favorite movie???

Casablanca.
Of all the threads in all the forums in all the internet she had to post in mine.
Holy crap all my sigs were always poop. Best leave this space alone.

Talim

Uh..let's see.

All the Harry Potter movies. Half-blood Prince was my favourite, though.
The Dark Knight and Batman Begins.
And The Sound of Music. ::)

Dog Food

Quote from: Talim on September 01, 2009, 05:17:27 AM
Uh..let's see.

All the Harry Potter movies. Half-blood Prince was my favourite, though.
The Dark Knight and Batman Begins.
And The Sound of Music. ::)
The Sound of Music was good. Too long for me to watch over and over. It's more of a seasonal movie for me.
I get obsessively manic over things. It's a problem.

Ron

Toy Story ninnyes.

Kidding, but probably The Dark Knight.

Click me ^

Eizweir

Remember the Titans is a classic.
Glory Road was awesome.
Forever Strong was amazing.

I like the sports movies :3
http://steamcommunity.com/id/xluxaeternax

formerly: Marth Xero, Xero, Roy Khan, Diego Armando, Lux Aeterna, and more I forget it was like 11 years ago jeeze

Mystic