News:

<+Clu> im 100% nigga

Main Menu

What the hell.

Started by Silverhawk79, December 01, 2009, 11:40:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quote from: MACKORMOSES on December 02, 2009, 12:49:41 AM
Honestly, you're being left in capable hands. Look at the time online I have. The posts. The know how. We're headed to a better tomorrow - I just need you to believe in me.
Yeah but after what you just did, if this is real, you're not trustworthy. so... good luck with that
...̅̅̅

Macawmoses

Quote from: Live on December 02, 2009, 12:50:54 AM
Yeah but after what you just did, if this is real, you're not trustworthy
I'm not sure how you are validated in saying that. We hit a crossroads. The path we choose to go down determines our fate as a forum. We've been going down the same path for far too long - it's time we try a new approach.

Quote from: MACKORMOSES on December 02, 2009, 12:52:39 AM
I'm not sure how you are validated in saying that. We hit a crossroads. The path we choose to go down determines our fate as a forum. We've been going down the same path for far too long - it's time we try a new approach.
Because you just demoted silver all of the sudden and drove him away. It's seems to me like a backstabbing move.  You probably not stupid so don't even try.

Well like I said, if this is real.
...̅̅̅

Macawmoses

You did a wonderful job convincing him to stay. I told him outright as I did it that he is welcome to stay and contribute. But he chose to abandon you. Does that sound like a leader to you?

Quote from: MACKORMOSES on December 02, 2009, 12:54:58 AM
You did a wonderful job convincing him to stay. I told him outright as I did it that he is welcome to stay and contribute. But he chose to abandon you. Does that sound like a leader to you?
You're still in the wrong no matter how you look at it or try to justify yourself. Silver made NSF, you practically stole it I guess. You could have always left or made your own forum if you disliked it so much.
...̅̅̅

Macawmoses

I did no such thing. At all.

The forum belongs to the users - and after outage after outage, it's time the users get their investment back. Rather than suffering every time he blows something up, we'll face some positive changes, returning features, and changes deemed necessary to get us as large as we were, while staying as close as we are now.

Quote from: MACKORMOSES on December 02, 2009, 12:58:53 AM
I did no such thing. At all.

The forum belongs to the users - and after outage after outage, it's time the users get their investment back. Rather than suffering every time he blows something up, we'll face some positive changes, returning features, and changes deemed necessary to get us as large as we were, while staying as close as we are now.
Actually no, it's never belonged to us and you admins/mods have proven that over and over again. Also having a power struggle in the open isn't a good idea you at least could have "taken it to PMs", IM, or whatever. It's kind of detrimental to forum health. I doubt we will ever get to be any larger than we are now without some serious advertising anywhere and everywhere.

Though I'm still not convinced that this is real.
...̅̅̅

Macawmoses

There is no struggle. It's done. Over with. The actual event took place this evening, and nothing came of it until after all was said and done. Even then, it was short lived.

Matt

It would seem Christmas came earlier this year for NSFCD, but now, it is time to bring out the mugs of root-beer and celebrate the dethroning of Silverhawk79. Yeah, sure he'll be missed, but on the bright side we more then likely won't have to deal with the constant forum downtime due to one of his mistakes.

Quote from: MACKORMOSES on December 02, 2009, 01:13:00 AM
There is no struggle. It's done. Over with. The actual event took place this evening, and nothing came of it until after all was said and done. Even then, it was short lived.
It's pretty obvious that it was over but it was just poorly done on your part in my opinion.

Also is this actually reason why the forum went down and Vaatix came in or was it really Silver? And can I even believe anything that you say from now on? For you to have been so outraged at what Snorkel did back in the day you yourself seemed to have taken a similar path. Hmm, I wonder just what exactly these "positive" changes are that you have in mind? And I wonder how long before this kind of thing happens again? I guess you'll always be watching over your back huh?

And we don't even know what any of yall do, so how would we know if Silver, or any of the other Admins/Mods, are being good staff or not? Which goes to show even more that it doesn't belong to us.
...̅̅̅

Macawmoses

Quote from: Live on December 02, 2009, 01:26:52 AM
It's pretty obvious that it was over but it was just poorly done on your part in my opinion.

Also is this actually reason why the forum went down and Vaatix came in or was it really Silver? And can I even believe anything that you say from now on? For you to have been so outraged at what Snorkel did back in the day you yourself seemed to have taken a similar path. Hmm, I wonder just what exactly these "positive" changes are that you have in mind? And I wonder how long before this kind of thing happens again? I guess you'll always be watching over your back huh?
I see no way to improve removing someone through force. I did so with as little collateral damage as possible, and kept it contained to what - two threads. That's not bad.

And you can choose not to believe me. That's fine. But considering the work I have put in to make this site work all of this time, I find it hard to believe you consider that a logical choice. If anyone has shown their dedication to NSF, it's me.

There is a clear difference between Snorkel and I. He did nothing but gain. What do I gain? Angry posts and rants for a few days to fall back into my pattern of doing behind the scenes work that goes unnoticed? Or do I make it a more core part of the site, developing it to include the features I have worked tirelessly on (and fixed what Silver and Syntax couldn't)? The answer is logical to me. I gain more work through this. Not 2000 bucks.

And will it happen to me? Yes. Dill some time ago posted a thread about the cycle of forums. It's true. They come and go, as do their admins. But one constant for too long, with the same mistakes, and it is obvious there needs to be a change.

Quote from: MACKORMOSES on December 02, 2009, 01:33:46 AM
I see no way to improve removing someone through force.
Which is why you should have worked towards some other alternative.

Quote from: MACKORMOSES on December 02, 2009, 01:33:46 AM
I did so with as little collateral damage as possible, and kept it contained to what - two threads. That's not bad.

And you can choose not to believe me. That's fine. But considering the work I have put in to make this site work all of this time, I find it hard to believe you consider that a logical choice. If anyone has shown their dedication to NSF, it's me.
Obviously I find some of it at least to be the wrong kind of dedication and don't care what you have done for this site since you have have the kind of personalty and standards that you would essentially steal this site from its creator. And were you alone in planning this or did other staff have a hand in it? And if yes, which ones were backing you up? 

Quote from: MACKORMOSES on December 02, 2009, 01:33:46 AMThere is a clear difference between Snorkel and I. He did nothing but gain. What do I gain? Angry posts and rants for a few days to fall back into my pattern of doing behind the scenes work that goes unnoticed? Or do I make it a more core part of the site, developing it to include the features I have worked tirelessly on (and fixed what Silver and Syntax couldn't)? The answer is logical to me. I gain more work through this. Not 2000 bucks. And will it happen to me? Yes. Dill some time ago posted a thread about the cycle of forums. It's true. They come and go, as do their admins. But one constant for too long, with the same mistakes, and it is obvious there needs to be a change.
And you still did a similar thing to what Snorkel did. True you didn't do it for money, but other than that...
Speaking about money, what kind of situation are we in for that? How much money does it cost per month to run NSF, how much do we get per month, and how much do we have now? And will we be able to obtain a steady sufficient source if we have not already?

Well most of the features we have or have had, while nice additions and can compliment the forum, are pretty pointless in the long run. The only real essential feature we have would be the chat room. In my opinion that would be the only thing that would be a great loss if ever lost it as we seem to be doing just fine without the other ones. And that would take chatspike dying but even then there are other irc networks or chat rooms. We would also still forget given enough time if it all went away. Or I would at least. Oh and there is the game servers but I don't know the stats on those as to who uses them and how regularly they are used so that may or may not be included in the former rants.

(Thoughts may or may not be organized right by the way)
...̅̅̅

Doodle

...I doubt this is serious, but it also seems so real. :U
YEAH

jnfs2014

What the hell is going on here? Seems like a weird revolt that is somehow not in the Bulletin Board.

Oh, and who'll pay the bills? :(

Doodle

Quote from: PokemasterJ on December 02, 2009, 05:38:00 AM
What the hell is going on here? Seems like a weird revolt that is somehow not in the Bulletin Board.

Oh, and who'll pay the bills? :(
I'd assume Mack would.
YEAH