Main Menu

NY trying to pass a soda tax.

Started by Kayo, March 01, 2010, 04:56:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kayo

Yeah, I saw a commercial last night. Apparently the boneheads responsible for all the "nutrition" poop going on here have decided that child obesity is due to soda, and raising the price of it will limit child obesity.

First of all, what the intercourse . Child obesity is caused by negligent parents who buy them all the junk poop without caring how expensive it is. And it's not even soda. There's kids that eat 4 large, unhealthy meals a day, and they're blaming soda.

Also, I drink a lot of soda. Well, not a lot, but i drink it fairly often. Thing is, i'm not overweight in the slightest. Why should I have to suffer if I know how to have it in moderation?

Your thoughts.
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

Cornwad

I thought diet soda solved this problem. Isn't the problem with soda more the acid than the sugar? I mean, some kinds of fruit juices are more sugary than soda. Makes no sense.

MoS

Um, at least where I work, soda is expensive compared to the other drinks. It's over $2 for a 1 liter of pepsi, but 1 liter of Brisk tea is 99c (I actually stopped drinking soda, I mostly drink tea now. Partly because of price and partly because it's delicious.)

NY is just trying to tax as much poop as they can, a few months ago they put bottle deposits on water, so that sort of deflates their argument that they're doing it to prevent childhood obesity.

BOREDFOREVER

Good.  Over the last five years the government has been taxing the crap out of cigarettes, and obesity is closer than ever to cigarettes as a large factor in causes of death in the United States.  It's time to spread some of this taxation around.

Titus Andronicus

Quote from: BOREDFANBOY on March 01, 2010, 07:49:30 AM
Good.  Over the last five years the government has been taxing the crap out of cigarettes, and obesity is closer than ever to cigarettes as a large factor in causes of death in the United States.  It's time to spread some of this taxation around.
I tried searching for poop to prove you wrong, but found that you are horrifically right. 40% of Americans are obese, while only 20% smoke.

Then again, saying one is obese and saying one will die from obesity are two different things. I couldn't find anything on the cause of death being obesity (it would probably be counted as diabeetus or something caused from the obesity, making it harder).

Either way, soda definitely isn't the cause of obesity in kids. I think it's the lack of doing poop outside.
Tramps like us, baby we were born to die.

Friendly Hostile

Soda doesn't cause obesity.  It being your only source of fluid intake does.

Lotos

Titus Andronicus

the governor doesnt really know what obesity looks like lol
Tramps like us, baby we were born to die.

Friendly Hostile

Quote from: Lotos on March 01, 2010, 12:57:02 PM
I hate Paterson.
Even his own party does.  No one is supporting him for reelection.  We were honestly probably better off with Spitzer.  Sure, he intercourse ed around with prostitutes, after being a huge support of busting prostitution rings, and used state money to do so, but he'd still probably being doing a better job.

Kayo

Quote from: Friendly Hostile on March 01, 2010, 12:52:44 PM
Still, the poop people try do do to make kids "more active" just makes it worse. Every single attempt I've seen says: YOU'RE FAT AND YOU PROBABLY NEVER GO OUTSIDE. SO WHY DONT YOU THROW AWAY YOUR VIDEO GAME, GET OFF THE FUCKING COUCH, AND DO SOME BORING SHIT OUTSIDE BY YOURSELF. STOP DRINKING YOUR SUGARY BEVERAGE AND SWITCH TO FUCKING APPLE JUICE. EAT LESS FOOD. YOU DONT NEED PROTEIN, SO ONLY EAT HALF OF A CHEESEBURGER. NEVER HAVE MORE THAN NINE FUCKING CHIPS PER DAY.

Seriously healthfags, stfu. All you're doing is too much. I can't make a meal out of half a cheeseburger and nine chips. You're REALLY pushing it. You try to give growing children the smallest intercourse ing food portions ever. God. Figure out, kids need a balanced diet. So encourage them to eat meat, instead of "nothing but intercourse ing vegetables"

People don't know poop. They think eating vegetables with everything will make you healthier. FYI, a veggie burger does NOT have the nutritional value of a hamburger.
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

ThePowerOfOne

Quote from: Friendly Hostile on March 01, 2010, 12:52:44 PM
Exactly. I never drink soda, it's just plain unhealthy. Like one or two every once in a while isn't bad, but i've seen people who are getting a soda every five minutes.

It's not the ONLY cause of obesity in kids (I don't think there is one main cause, it's a combination of a lot of things), but i'm sure it helps. Either way, I don't think the tax is a bad thing.

Cornwad

Sugar isn't the thing that concerns me with soda. The bad stuff is Mountain Dew and all the other drinks with insane amounts of caffeine. The sugar can be balanced out by only drinking soda and milk- the beverage that destroys fat and cures cancer. If more people drank milk there would be world peace. 

Kayo

Quote from: Cornwad on March 01, 2010, 01:14:22 PM
Sugar isn't the thing that concerns me with soda. The bad stuff is Mountain Dew and all the other drinks with insane amounts of caffeine. The sugar can be balanced out by only drinking soda and milk- the beverage that destroys fat and cures cancer. If more people drank milk there would be world peace. 
I drink Mountain Dew pretty often, but I also drink a lot of milk ^_^
[move][/move]

Doodle

Quote from: K on March 01, 2010, 01:02:11 PM
You try to give growing children the smallest intercourse ing food portions ever. God. Figure out, kids need a balanced diet. So encourage them to eat meat, instead of "nothing but intercourse ing vegetables"

People don't know poop. They think eating vegetables with everything will make you healthier. FYI, a veggie burger does NOT have the nutritional value of a hamburger.
I've never seen most of this.
They encourage a little bit of everything, not small meals and veggie-spam.

Also, I probably drink 2-3 cans of Coke a day, so good thing I don't live in NY if this gets passed.
Though I heard about this months ago, so.
YEAH

ThePowerOfOne

Quote from: Cornwad on March 01, 2010, 01:14:22 PM
But milk also gives you ACNE D:

Seriously, it does. I only have milk in cereal, drinking a glass of milk seems weird to me...