News:

<Clu> no nsfcd is basically a ghost town, it should be killed behind fences

Main Menu

So, Mega Man 10. This is the discussion thread that is unofficial.

Started by SkyMyl, March 01, 2010, 11:02:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nayrman

SkyMyl

Zero

Quote from: Striker Sky on March 02, 2010, 01:15:14 PM
All right, this time was a simple misuse of the word linearity. As usual, I misunderstood the meaning of a word and used it incorrectly. Second, I've only used the word "linearity" twice on this forum. Third, I've never actually said linearity was a bad thing.

Twice, yes it was a mistake for me to use "a lot". I've just had it up to hear with how much people are using the word to describe games that aren't sandbox games recently, is all. Suppose I should just let people be idiots and get over it, though.

True, but you heavily implied that it was a bad thing, or at least I got that vibe. Oh well, whatever.

So how difficult is the final boss in this game? I've heard mixed opinions. Some say hard, others say a walk in the park.

SkyMyl

Quote from: Zero on March 02, 2010, 05:05:21 PM
True, but you heavily implied that it was a bad thing, or at least I got that vibe. Oh well, whatever.
In my FFXIII thread, I was just making fun of the people whining about how FFXIII was too linear when X was also pretty linear. Of course, because I'm me, I failed at mocking said people.

Quote from: Zero on March 02, 2010, 05:05:21 PM
So how difficult is the final boss in this game? I've heard mixed opinions. Some say hard, others say a walk in the park.
Surprisingly easy. I actually perfected him on my second try. Whether that's a fluke or skill is still beyond me. Compared to other final bosses in the series, he's a pushover.

Zero

Oh well, I'm still excited for the game. I have to wait until the 31st though. RAGE

SkyMyl

At least the DLC will be a lot closer when it comes out on the 360. Probably.

X-3

Great game. I'll have to wait a bit more before giving it a personal ranking among the other games.

Boss order makes a lot of sense this time around, and some aspects of it are kinda funny to think about.

Ending was kinda...lame though. That's probably all my fault though. Final battle was pretty easy, but I found it kinda funny. Probably the easiest Wily Capsule by far. His machines this time around weren't that hard either.

Challenges are a nice feature here: you can fight the bosses whenever you want to. Hooray.

I think it was a mistake for me to start Hard Mode with ProtoMan. I also think I'm shaming my family. I must not falter, no matter how many thing I buy with screws, though.

edit: oh, and music was good overall. No tunes that made me claw at my throat, at least. I'm interested in hearing the remixes or whatever.

SkyMyl

Quote from: X-3 on March 02, 2010, 08:33:51 PM
Boss order makes a lot of sense this time around, and some aspects of it are kinda funny to think about.
Ice freezes bike, bike cuts tank, tank destroys swords, sword cuts balls (hurr), balls berates sheep, sheep shocks water, water puts out fire, fire melts ice...why does only half of it make sense? D:

His machines this time around weren't that hard either.
Weapons Archive and Block Devil are confused.

Oh, and music was good overall. No tunes that made me claw at my throat, at least. I'm interested in hearing the remixes or whatever.
It's not nearly as good as 9. I was expecting that much. ;_;

X-3

Oh, by 'machines' I meant the post-boss run Wily fights. Sorry for the confusion. Block Devil was a ninny.

It's been a while since I've played 9, so my memory is a bit hazy in that area. Guess I should do some comparing then. I do remember two of the Wily Stages, which were amazing, and TornadoMan and MagmaMan's stages which were...not as entertaining to me.

With StrikeMan's weakness, all I can imagine is him trying to catch swords, and failing hard.

SkyMyl

Just beat Protoman's Normal mode. I actually managed to buster run all the robot masters (Even Commando Man), and all the Wily Stage bosses (Except for the Block Devil. FUCK YOU AND YOUR WEAKNESS). The game actually seems more built for Protoman than it was for Mega Man, considering I had much less problems with Protoman than I did with Mega Man. Mostly because Proto Man's shield can block most of the projectiles from enemies, including some of the bosses projectiles, (Except for Commando Man) and because his slide pretty much prevents you from being gangraped in a corner by Solar Man and Pump Man. (But not Commando Man.)

Also, did I mention I hate Commando Man?
Yes. Five times now.

Silverhawk79

SkyMyl

Okay, I've done a little researching and uncovered some information regarding the DLC for Mega Man 10. Namely Bass, and the Mega Man killers.
Really, he just found gameplay info on Bass and wanted to find a different excuse to post it, so he threw in the Mega Man killer info.

[spoiler=In case you don't want to spoil anything. Like we've been recklessly doing through this whole thread.]So, Bass is confirmed for DLC. We know this already. But, someone posted some information on how Bass plays exactly. Bass has his own story, which is surprising.

Bass can't double jump, but he can dash by simply holding down and pressing jump, just like if you were trying to slide with Protoman or Mega Man. He takes the same amount of damage as Mega Man, but his buster does half the damage. While it only does half the damage, he can aim in seven directions. The only direction he can't aim his buster is straight down, which does make sense, I guess. He can access the shop, but can't buy M tanks, the Book of Hairstyles, or the shock barrier.

You can download Special Stages, and each Special Stage does have one of the Mega Man Killers as a boss. To be specific, Enker, Punk, and Ballade. Here's a fun little detail for you guys that GameFAQs (And I) were going insane over. On the weapon select screen for each character, there are three empty slots to the right side of the screen, under Rush Coil and Rush Jet. Now, in Mega Man 9, there was only one empty weapon slot and there wasn't any unlockable weapon you could get to fill that space.

Catching on? Each of the Mega Man Killers gives you a weapon when you defeat them. (How this carries over to specific files in MM10 for use, I'm not fully sure yet.) Enker gives you the Mirror Buster, Punk gives you the Screw Buster, and Ballade gives you the Ballade Buster Cracker. I've heard the Screw Buster is similar to Metal Blade, in that it takes eight shots before one unit of weapon energy is lost.[/spoiler]

JrDude

Guys, I know this isn't about Mega Man 10, but in Mega Man X, can someone tell me the difference between X's regular upgraded arm cannon VS. Zero's Arm Cannon? (if you don't have the upgrade by the time you get to the part where he dies, he gives you his arm cannon, I tried it and it looks EXACTLY the same as X's regular upgraded cannon)
[move][/move]
Dude .

SkyMyl

To crack a joke, people did think MMX was MM10, so I guess the question is still valid. D:
I fail to see the joke.

Anyway, there is no difference between the two upgrades. They're both exactly the same.

JrDude

Quote from: Striker Sky on March 04, 2010, 01:05:08 AM
To crack a joke, people did think MMX was MM10, so I guess the question is still valid. D:
I fail to see the joke.

Anyway, there is no difference between the two upgrades. They're both exactly the same.
I wasted my time trying to SEE Zero's arm cannon and THERE'S NO DIFFERENCE?!
I freaking used a code to get everything except the upgrades, and it didn't have any of the boses beaten so I had to re-fight them (I was intercourse ing on a role though, I got through all the levels without dying [except the water one, I fell on the spikes a few times =X], and I easily beat the boses, I fought 3.5 without their weakness [I suck at using the sheild on the octopus guy, so I ended up running out before I killed him], and the rest I did without charging at all [since I couldn't], then Sigma's level I got through the level easily, but after I got Zero's weapon and found out it was EXACTLY THE SAME, I started to suck SO MUCH)
[move][/move]
Dude .