Main Menu

Grudges and Attitudes

Started by Chris8492, March 26, 2010, 07:38:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris8492

I've been noticing a lot of thing happening here since i've joined this forum. One is the how people tend to have a rapid change in attitudes and how some of us here hold grudges againsts each other in a weird way.

I mean attitude change going from a nice person, and suddenly just ends up cussing at people in a very fowl way.

Why is that? I find this kind of stuff being rather destructive.

Night the Lucario

Hm... it could be that they're really stressed, and trying not to lash out at people they don't know, despite needing someone to talk to. Well, that works for the attitude change, anyway. Don't know about grudges, I've never seen the point in them.
When one lives by the pen, one dies by the angry characters you misused. But it's too much fun not to!
Forsooth, I AM insane! FEAR ME, YE MORTALS, OR DESPAIR AT MY INSANITY! *insane cackling*
Ahem. Anyone have an RP? I need an outlet for my randomness. ;D
Think another thought, dream another dream, live another lie.
I'm writing poetry. Anyone have a request?
I'm Night the Lucario. Although that should be obvious. Just look at the sig. Or title and PT.

People let too many things bother them. Even though it's just things over the internet too with people that they most likely won't ever have contact with anyplace else.

This site has pretty much been like that the whole time except now people who may have been on the receiving end in the past are now the ones giving it out. There's also the ones that have left because of it over the last couple years.
...̅̅̅

Cornwad

They probably have something bad going on in real life. It's easier to be mad at the internet than actual people.

Chris8492

Quote from: Cornwad on March 26, 2010, 07:44:07 PM
They probably have something bad going on in real life. It's easier to be mad at the internet than actual people.

Yeah, but then that kind of behavior, it affects their attitude with people they know and it becomes even more destructive. Thats what i seriously don't get. Why do people get mad over the internet?

One thing i notieced was that someone here, (Not Mentioning names or anything else and don't ask me about it) has had some issues here and affected him with his outside life from this forum. People held grudges against him for just simply who he was and he let it boil up inside of him.

SkyMyl

In my case, I'm usually just joking. If it seems like it seems like I have an attidude and/or am angry, there's a 90% chance I'm actually not mad.
I'm here to reaffirm this particular point. -.-

...well, until you bring up one particular person.

looking back on it people here have become really bitter
...̅̅̅

Cornwad

Quote from: AcerChris on March 26, 2010, 07:46:23 PM
Yeah, but then that kind of behavior, it affects their attitude with people they know and it becomes even more destructive. Thats what i seriously don't get. Why do people get mad over the internet?

One thing i notieced was that someone here, (Not Mentioning names or anything else and don't ask me about it) has had some issues here and affected him with his outside life from this forum. People held grudges against him for just simply who he was and he let it boil up inside of him.

And that is why being a psychologist brings in the big bucks. People these days need to be told that self destructive isn't a good thing. I honestly don't know if they realize what they're doing, but it really is a shame.

Chris8492

Myself, I am a very stable person emotionally. I rarely get angry and never usually get sad unless if something bothers me to the point where it's absolutly uncalled for. I mean, I vent to get rid of my anger, but i try my hardest not to go into an outburst.

Friendly Hostile

Only person I hold a grudge against is Zeph.  And he fully deserves it.

Magnum

RAWR! I RAGE SO MUCH NOT EVEN CAPS LOCK CAN STOP MY HATE!!!

[spoiler]THAT'S BETTER![/spoiler]

Oh Vesperia, never change... never change

Red

Hm. I don't have a grudge against anyone here. But if someone has one on me, I'd like to know. D:

Titus Andronicus

i think i only lash out on people who are generally bad people
Tramps like us, baby we were born to die.

Totla

I only get angry at people who look, act, think, or talk different than me.

Kayo

Quote from: AcerChris on March 26, 2010, 07:46:23 PM
Sounds a lot like my situation.

Actually, Depression takes a lot out of me. I go through almost every night contemplating my use in this world, trying to contain all my emotions inside that always try to get the best of me. I've seen them slowly begin to control me.

[spoiler=depressing story]One night I was texting someone, feeling as happy as could be, suddenly my hand tensed up, i dropped my phone, and collapsed on my bed. I lied there for a while, and got another text from my friend asking me if I was ok. I replied to him, "No...I'm not." He asked me why, I said I just needed a minute to think. Then, I sent a message to him saying: "HELP ME...PLEASE" and i didn't get a reply until it was too late. I don't remember this firsthand, it was from when I read through the conversation the next day and noticed how I'd been acting. This was 3 weeks ago, the last time I cut myself.[/spoiler]

I haven't done so since then, thankfully, and I'm awfully proud of myself because of it. Just, the thing is, even though I try my hardest to contain myself, sometimes I say thinks without even thinking. Because I can't think. They just come out without even letting me use common sense. Usually all these bottled up feelings result in anger, which may make me look like a raging idiot sometimes, when I really just need to talk to someone and calm down.

I've already written more than I expected to... but now I have to get this out.

Don't worry much, I'm getting better now. Like I said, it's been a good 3 weeks. I still go through nights where I can't control my feelings, but they haven't gone to that point. I'm really a nice guy, if only I wasn't constantly tortured from the inside out by my emotions all the time.
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]