Main Menu

PS2 RPG recommendations

Started by SkyMyl, March 28, 2010, 03:07:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr.Hobo2

Soul Nomad

...yeah, that's all I got, but I really liked it.

Light

Even though it's been mentioned twice already, I'll go ahead and third Odin Sphere. Haven't played it myself, but after looking at various videos of the game I'm now keen on getting it.
Holy crap all my sigs were always poop. Best leave this space alone.

Spud

I'm sure ThirdK has mentioned it, but Disgaea series is amazing. Massive amounts of time can be put into the game... x_x

Eizweir

I once picked up this game called Arc the Lad: Twilight of the Spirits for real cheap off the used rack at Gamestop.  It entertained me for a while until I got stuck at a boss and never touched it again...

But hey, might as well try it.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/xluxaeternax

formerly: Marth Xero, Xero, Roy Khan, Diego Armando, Lux Aeterna, and more I forget it was like 11 years ago jeeze

SkyMyl

Thanks for the recommendations, guys. With the power of my new Edgecard, and Amazon, securing some of these titles shouldn't be hard at all. Just bought Xenosaga: Episode 1 yesterday, so I'm going to start looking for Odin Sphere and Xenosaga 2 now.

Also, three hours, and I've just now gotten out of the Prologue, after sitting through many long cutscenes. After the prologue, I was given the option to save. After a twenty minute long cutscene, I was prompted with the option to save, again.

Quote from: Simea on March 29, 2010, 08:33:10 PM
Sounds like the RPG equivilant of MGS4.
Well intercourse , Zero was right, and I guessed right. It really is the RPG prototype of MGS4.

Zero

Told ya. It isn't a bad game, but yeah...darn cut scenes.

At any rate, I was reminded of this thread while in Gamestop one day and decided that it was high time I rebought Tales of the Abyss. My first copy was stolen by my ex, basically. It was 35 bucks. Overpriced, but whatever it came with the actual case. Which is a rarity.

Played for about an hour...then remembered I had homework to do. This then made me recall how back when I first played this game like five years ago I had virtually no homework.

Shujinco2

As well as PS2 RPG's, you should look into PS1 RPG's.

Azure Dreams, FF 5-9, XenoGears, CronoCross, etc...

SkyMyl

Quote from: Ninten on April 23, 2010, 11:04:48 AM
As well as PS2 RPG's, you should look into PS1 RPG's.

Azure Dreams, FF 5-9, XenoGears, CronoCross, etc...
I'm not going to search online for overpriced RPGs on the PS1. It's too much money and effort.

Plus, I need more PS1 Memory Cards.