Main Menu

Homebrew - You have it on yours?

Started by Thirdkoopa, March 28, 2010, 06:46:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thirdkoopa

Personally my warrenty already ran out so I decided to get homebrew myself; I must say, feels good. I've only done little so far and still need to finish off music, a few stage things, texture hacks, and try out hacks like Brawl+ And Brawl Project M (The project to be more like Melee)

So anyone else here do it? If so what have you downloaded? Have you not? If so why? Just discuss the amazing things in general that have happened with it.
[21:11] <mackormoses> let's take a look at today's stats
[21:11] <Rosencrantz> stats today are high
[21:11] <mackormoses> holy intercourse ing poop
[21:11] <Rosencrantz> you adding all these standards
[21:11] <Rosencrantz> is really pushing us [/quote]
Quote from: JrDude φ on May 31, 2010, 08:32:13 PM
3 of my friends smoke weed. Why? Well I asked one time, and this is what they said: "Because I can blow out smoke and it makes me feel like a intercourse ing dragon"

DededeCloneChris

No thanks, I don't want to screw up my Wii and probably face issues later.

Thirdkoopa

Quote from: AuraChannelerChris on March 28, 2010, 07:03:14 PM
To be fair the Homebrew channel isn't dangerous. It's what you do in the homebrew channel - I only use it for brawl myself and very carefully. The only way you'll probably be facing issues is If you do something wrong or you update wrong.

And to be honest I was on the same stance as you before I did it myself. But eh; If you're not interested it's not all that worth the trouble. However anyone disappointed in brawl/there wii/etc should totally be doing this.
3 of my friends smoke weed. Why? Well I asked one time, and this is what they said: "Because I can blow out smoke and it makes me feel like a intercourse ing dragon"

StarWindWizard7

Quote from: AuraChannelerChris on March 28, 2010, 07:03:14 PM
This,

not to mention, personally I'm too lazy to do any kind of "modding" of any sort. I also have no interest.

Chris8492

Ehh...I do G-mod and stuff like that.

Modding on my Wii. Definately Not.

I already lost one Wii due to other surcumstances, I do not want to screw up another.

Thirdkoopa

Just a question but you guys do know that the homebrew channel isn't actually dangerous in it's own and it's just mainly on what you do with it, right? As long as you have a tutorial or someone to guide you through and you're as careful as I was then you're golden.

Not that I'm saying you have to download it; Especially with no interest it'd be stupid to invest time into it, but I'm just saying it's safer than you all make it out to be.

Silverhawk79

Modded it several months ago, never looked back. I don't buy games that often anymore, I just pirate them. :3

DededeCloneChris

Quote from: Third K on March 28, 2010, 07:23:16 PM
Just a question but you guys do know that the homebrew channel isn't actually dangerous in it's own and it's just mainly on what you do with it, right? As long as you have a tutorial or someone to guide you through and you're as careful as I was then you're golden.

Not that I'm saying you have to download it; Especially with no interest it'd be stupid to invest time into it, but I'm just saying it's safer than you all make it out to be.
I mainly think that "added" feature is dishonest to Nintendo. Even if there are nice things about it, getting them looks really bad IMO.

Custom

Quote from: AuraChannelerChris on March 28, 2010, 07:53:51 PM
I mainly think that "added" feature is dishonest to Nintendo. Even if there are nice things about it, getting them looks really bad IMO.

Making their poopty games fun is dishonest? :P

Quote from: Viewtifulboy on March 11, 2013, 07:28:20 AM
Good job! I, Viewtifulboy, declare you the CHAMPION!

I'm the official winner of the Viewtiful Victory roleplay championship!

DededeCloneChris

Quote from: Custom on March 28, 2010, 10:11:30 PM
Making their poopty games fun is dishonest? :P
More like screwing with them, actually.

Chris8492

Quote from: AuraChannelerChris on March 29, 2010, 12:48:17 AM
More like screwing with them, actually.

Yeah, once you put that stuff on the Wii, likely to have other games normal functions screwed up.

darkmario

I used to homebrew. I had picked up TLoZ: TP, finished it, and saw that I could use it to mod.

I tested out a ton of brawl codes. Like using their subspace skins, texture hacks, move swaps, stage editor(Had a ton of fun with this one), camera hacks(had fun with that one too).

I ended up stopping when my Brawl started to get kind of glitchy.

Oh, I even posted a guide for it on youtube(But I took it down after I stopped modding, I got annoyed with all the comments of people not doing it right)

Doodle

I have Brawl+, which is pretty cool.
I like Homebrew. It's perfectly safe, as long as you don't mess with everything.
YEAH

tibar21

how do you download it in the first place?
Super Smash Bros Brawl FC: 2622-1690-4267
Pokemon Soul Silver FC: 4855-9306-7114
Mario Kart Wii FC: 4898-5017-8746

Rayquarian

I have the homebrew channel.  I really only use it to watch anime in the morning sometimes and to play Brawl with texture, music, and stage hacks.