News:

<+Clu> im 100% nigga

Main Menu

My signature sucks I know

Started by Kayo, May 16, 2010, 08:02:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kayo

Yeah, but I never bothered to learn how to work magic in GIMP. Any one know of a place I could learn from? You all make better sigs than me D:
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

Mystic

Thirdkoopa

http://www.fileden.com/files/2008/6/18/1965492/Ch1Tut.png
http://www.gimptalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=106

Don't have to follow all of em. I never did with starting with signatures. Blending in renders really helps and gradient maps to make it blend in more and the likes are great tools to have as well. Search up "Gimp tutorials" on google. Trust me, you'll find a lot. Specifics of what you want too. Once having those and some free time mostly + Criticism yeah...

Pro-tips:
Coloring: Does not fit well - Go with colors that make more sense for the backround.
-Layers: They help. Using one for the backround while having the other for the render (In this case smugleaf and zorua) the colors simply don't blend.
-On the Smugleaf render it simply isn't good quality. Try resizing pressing "Percent" somewhere on the menu
-Smudge tool: Use it.
-The Focal point isn't that good. 2 of them and in totally different sides it seems.
-Text seems to go well with the backround but the backround doesn't go well with the renders so yeah.

Still a pretty good start. I like where that flow of Zorua's going.
[21:11] <mackormoses> let's take a look at today's stats
[21:11] <Rosencrantz> stats today are high
[21:11] <mackormoses> holy intercourse ing poop
[21:11] <Rosencrantz> you adding all these standards
[21:11] <Rosencrantz> is really pushing us [/quote]
Quote from: JrDude φ on May 31, 2010, 08:32:13 PM
3 of my friends smoke weed. Why? Well I asked one time, and this is what they said: "Because I can blow out smoke and it makes me feel like a intercourse ing dragon"

Kayo

Quote from: Smugleaf on May 16, 2010, 08:33:35 AM
http://www.fileden.com/files/2008/6/18/1965492/Ch1Tut.png
http://www.gimptalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=106

Don't have to follow all of em. I never did with starting with signatures. Blending in renders really helps and gradient maps to make it blend in more and the likes are great tools to have as well. Search up "Gimp tutorials" on google. Trust me, you'll find a lot. Specifics of what you want too. Once having those and some free time mostly + Criticism yeah...

Pro-tips:
Coloring: Does not fit well - Go with colors that make more sense for the backround. By coloring you mean the sparks and brush effects in front of Zorua and Smugleaf? They were supposed to match them more than the background, but okay.. i see what you're saying though.
-Layers: They help. Using one for the backround while having the other for the render (In this case smugleaf and zorua) the colors simply don't blend.render? .-.
-On the Smugleaf render it simply isn't good quality. Try resizing pressing "Percent" somewhere on the menuwhat is this render of which you speak
-Smudge tool: Use it. where?
-The Focal point isn't that good. 2 of them and in totally different sides it seems. I just wanted to include them both, and there ar-- wait, different 'sides'?
-Text seems to go well with the backround but the backround doesn't go well with the renders so yeah.asdfrenders

Still a pretty good start. I like where that flow of Zorua's going.
Comments in bold. brb trying to figure out what renderz are.
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

Thirdkoopa

planetrenders.com

You have to sign up to fully view renders. There's also a few other sites but I forget. mariowiki.com has renders on a good chunk of them but that's just plain mario. I know how to transfer out white backgrounds but I'm working on something else in gimp for a friend. I'll comment on the rest of your queries later (With full help)
3 of my friends smoke weed. Why? Well I asked one time, and this is what they said: "Because I can blow out smoke and it makes me feel like a intercourse ing dragon"

Kayo

Quote from: Smugleaf on May 16, 2010, 09:27:30 AM
planetrenders.com

You have to sign up to fully view renders. There's also a few other sites but I forget. mariowiki.com has renders on a good chunk of them but that's just plain mario. I know how to transfer out white backgrounds but I'm working on something else in gimp for a friend. I'll comment on the rest of your queries later (With full help)
I typed that into my address bar and got something like "search results" .. is that URL correct?
[move][/move]

Thirdkoopa

Kayo

better y/n

aah i just noticed Smugleaf's edges need more smoothing D:
but what else should i do to it
[move][/move]

Mystic

Smooth Smugleaf, yes.

The old sig is better. Well, half better. In the new one, Z's half looks good, but Smugleaf's looks bad.

Kayo

Quote from: Mystic on May 16, 2010, 05:47:24 PM
Smooth Smugleaf, yes.

The old sig is better. Well, half better. In the new one, Z's half looks good, but Smugleaf's looks bad.
It kind of looks like Smugleaf caught fire. D:

So I will smooth out his edges and change the effects in front of him.
Anyone else have criticism?

EDIT:

Better now? I realize that the back of Smugleaf's head still looks a bit funny. That has been fixed since I uploaded this picture. But yeah, how's it look?
[move][/move]

Mystic

Keep Z as it is now, but find a way to return Smugleaf's half as it was before and it'd be epicness.

Kayo

Quote from: Mystic on May 16, 2010, 11:03:17 PM
Keep Z as it is now, but find a way to return Smugleaf's half as it was before and it'd be epicness.
Or perhaps a combination of the new and the old?
[move][/move]

Mystic

Kayo

I think it more defines my idea to have the green effect next to Smugleaf, rather than the squares that represent the "illusion" and transformation qualities of Zorua. Plus the sparks no longer look like smoke.
[move][/move]

MoS

the pokemon on the left has no feet...