Main Menu

3D Theme Park Rides

Started by Java, August 01, 2010, 10:32:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Java

The people of NSFCD have made it clear that they are not fond of the current trend of 3D movies.

So, I ask you this question.
How do you feel about theme park rides that use 3D to add to the attraction?

Having gone to Islands of Adventure in Orlando, Florida several times, I've been on The Amazing Adventures of Spiderman ride quite a few times. In my opinion, 3D is used extremely well in that ride.

There's also a few other "rides" that utilize 3D well, like the Terminator attraction in Universal Studios.

So, how do you feel about the subject?

SkyMyl

Neerb

Islands of Adventure's (not "America") Spider-Man ride is mind-blowing awesomeness.

I also enjoy the Phillharmagic Orchestra thing at Disney World's Magic Kingdom, and Disney World's Hollywood Studios has Toy Story Midway Mania, which is perhaps the coolest theme park game-ride ever.

Nayrman

I've noticed that a lot of those also have other effects to "enhance" the 3D experience. I know during the Muppets 3D at MGM Studios (Disney World) when Fozzy sneezes it sprays a bit of water on you. While I don't particularly care for the 3D effect here either, it was never meant to be anything more than a gimmick, and a comfortable place to sit down with air conditioning during the middle of the day when it's really hot out.

So meh.

Neerb

Quote from: Nayrman on August 01, 2010, 03:55:15 PM
I've noticed that a lot of those also have other effects to "enhance" the 3D experience. I know during the Muppets 3D at MGM Studios (Disney World) when Fozzy sneezes it sprays a bit of water on you. While I don't particularly care for the 3D effect here either, it was never meant to be anything more than a gimmick, and a comfortable place to sit down with air conditioning during the middle of the day when it's really hot out.

So meh.

It's called Hollywood Studios now, but yeah.

Nayrman

It's been MGM studios since it opened in 1989, it's ALWAYS going to be MGM studios. And it's not Oregon whatever that hotel is called on site, it's Dixie Landings. Guh...

and they changed the Star Tours ride...they changed it. It has POD RACING now. GAAARRARAHEIGHPATVWPAIORNHPOI {AP IWNPIFOEMPFIJEPWNFIEHGPEN
WAY TO RUIN THE LAST PIECE OF STAR WARS THAT WAS UNTAINTED BY THOSE HORRIBLE PREQUELS!!!!!!

Triforceman22

Quote from: Nayrman on August 01, 2010, 04:09:41 PM
It's been MGM studios since it opened in 1989, it's ALWAYS going to be MGM studios. And it's not Oregon whatever that hotel is called on site, it's Dixie Landings. Guh...

and they changed the Star Tours ride...they changed it. It has POD RACING now. GAAARRARAHEIGHPATVWPAIORNHPOI {AP IWNPIFOEMPFIJEPWNFIEHGPEN
WAY TO RUIN THE LAST PIECE OF STAR WARS THAT WAS UNTAINTED BY THOSE HORRIBLE PREQUELS!!!!!!

revenge of the Sith wasn't THAT bad....

but the other two were pretty crap...

On topic, I always thought 3D was pretty cool, but not when they put it with every darn movie. So yeah, i'm all for 3D park rides... Just don't have ALL the rides in 3D.

QuoteRobotnik: GET A LOAD OF THIS!!!!!!!!

Neerb

lolwut? That Star Tours ride? How can you "ruin" what already sucks?! I'd watch Attack of the Clones 80 more times WITHOUT the Yoda fight before I rode that thing again.

Light

Quote from: Mewtwo on August 01, 2010, 09:39:17 PM
lolwut? That Star Tours ride? How can you "ruin" what already sucks?!
You intercourse er.

WELCOME ABOARD! THIS IS CAPTAIN REX FROM THE COCKPIT. I KNOW THIS IS PROBABLY YOUR FIRST FLIGHT, AND IT'S... MINE, TOO. HAHA. WELL, IT LOOKS LIKE WE'RE GOING TO HAVE A SMOOTH FLIGHT TO ENDOR. SO I'LL GO AHEAD AND OPEN THE COCKPIT SHIELDS. *shields lower*

HI THERE! I SEE THEY'RE LOADING OUR NAVIGATOR R2-D2, AND THEN WE'LL BE ON OUR WAY! SO SIT BACK, RELAX, AND ENJOY THE FLIGHT.
Holy crap all my sigs were always poop. Best leave this space alone.

Nayrman

Quote from: Light on August 02, 2010, 06:29:58 PM
You intercourse er.

WELCOME ABOARD! THIS IS CAPTAIN REX FROM THE COCKPIT. I KNOW THIS IS PROBABLY YOUR FIRST FLIGHT, AND IT'S... MINE, TOO. HAHA. WELL, IT LOOKS LIKE WE'RE GOING TO HAVE A SMOOTH FLIGHT TO ENDOR. SO I'LL GO AHEAD AND OPEN THE COCKPIT SHIELDS. *shields lower*

HI THERE! I SEE THEY'RE LOADING OUR NAVIGATOR R2-D2, AND THEN WE'LL BE ON OUR WAY! SO SIT BACK, RELAX, AND ENJOY THE FLIGHT.

I miss that defective little pilot droid already.

Java

Quote from: Mewtwo on August 01, 2010, 03:43:27 PM
Islands of Adventure's (not "America") Spider-Man ride is mind-blowing awesomeness.

I also enjoy the Phillharmagic Orchestra thing at Disney World's Magic Kingdom, and Disney World's Hollywood Studios has Toy Story Midway Mania, which is perhaps the coolest theme park game-ride ever.
mrosroiestoinesotinesointes

I know it's Islands of Adventure.  I was just really rushed when I made this topic.
Thanks for the correction though, I wouldn't have noticed otherwise.

Neerb

By the way, how's the new Harry Potter section? The last time I was there, they didn't have that yet.

JrDude

Is Star Tours at Disney World too or something? or did they JUST NOW change it? I was at Disney Land like, about 2 months ago maybe, and it was exactly the same and no construction or anything was happening.
[move][/move]
Dude .

Neerb

Quote from: JrDude φ on August 02, 2010, 09:22:20 PM
Is Star Tours at Disney World too or something? or did they JUST NOW change it? I was at Disney Land like, about 2 months ago maybe, and it was exactly the same and no construction or anything was happening.

I don't understand the question... but Disney World (aka Orlando, Florida) has had Star Tours for years.

JrDude

I know where it is dumby. I was asking "Is Star Tours at Disney World as well? (It is at Disney Land)"
I don't know anything about Disney World, I've only been to Disney Land. If you want old fashioned Star Tours go to Disney Land, it is unchanged.
[move][/move]
Dude .