News:

ASSUMING DIRECT CONTROL.

Main Menu

The NSFCD Member Awards (Winners posted!)

Started by Dog Food, December 04, 2010, 07:51:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Macawmoses

Kayo

I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

Macawmoses

We believe in the House of Silver and the Temple of Moses

Kayo

Quote from: Mace on December 22, 2010, 06:02:20 PM
We believe in the Pancake House of Silver and the Temple of Mackormoses
Fixed.

What about Vaatix
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

SkyMyl

Silverhawk79

Quote from: JrDude 益 on December 22, 2010, 04:12:07 PM
Suddenly, forum dies again.
I don't mean now, I mean a few days ago the amount of posts has drastically decreased. It's like when that one "Sonic avatar fad" started dead, except then this amount of posts was progress, now it's a step next to a dead forum... or more dead since this forum's been dead for a while now, but it's a zombie now.
I overdid the joke there but yes, we are dying more now, again, which isn't a joke.
I noticed. I think part of it is Christmas rush, but you'd think people would be actually posting more.

JrDude

Quote from: Silverhawk79 on December 22, 2010, 08:17:35 PM
I noticed. I think part of it is Christmas rush, but you'd think people would be actually posting more.
You guys always have some excuse. "It's school, when winter break comes we'll get more activity" (This was the excuse a year ago, or maybe it was the summer break excuse? I don't remember, this place has so many excuses I'm losing track)
It's winter break now AND ACTIVITY IS DYING.
[move][/move]
Dude .

...̅̅̅

Magnum

Christmas Break ='s more work and shopping. Of course I'm not going to be on :\

Oh Vesperia, never change... never change

Macawmoses

Quote from: JrDude 益 on December 22, 2010, 10:26:24 PM
You guys always have some excuse. "It's school, when winter break comes we'll get more activity" (This was the excuse a year ago, or maybe it was the summer break excuse? I don't remember, this place has so many excuses I'm losing track)
I don't frankly represent the rest of the staff when I say this, but this is my take on NSFCD now:

I am deeply honoured that this community -- be it you, phatyo, Vaatix, Cornwad, whomever -- manages to post the amount it does. If that's 1000 posts, and each post takes 30 seconds to make (an average), on top of read, that's a thousand minutes plus you've spent on something I've worked incredibly hard on.

NSFCD is not what it used to be. It's far from being as active. It doesn't have the grandeur events it once had. And we all have memories of a time long ago. But here's something I should point out that NSFCD didn't have back then: stability. The staff was constantly in turmoil. Policies were enacted to block certain discussions, to get rid of users, etc. And public trials of sorts were commonplace.

With few exceptions, NSFCD has levelled itself off and left itself in a nice place. You say it's dying, I say I've finally realized that this is exactly what NSFCD has needed for years.

I recently returned to NS2. Almost instantly I was snatched up and brought into some conspiracy to overthrow the administration. And the staff has a hey day too. It's all a giant mess. Here, we know we're a mess...and we're fine with it.

Silver and I are working on other projects constantly. They all have the NSFCD brand (or will have) not out of obligation to this forum, but because of what it represents to us. This is both of our home on the internet. Say what you like about it, but there's no need for excuses or anything of the sort. NSFCD isn't dying at all. Its come into its Golden Age.

Kayo

Quote from: JrDude 益 on December 22, 2010, 10:26:24 PM
HEY SHUT UP. AT LEAST YOU'RE ON BREAK
My school, being intercourse ing' retarded, gives us only one week of winter break. I have school today. Off tomorrow, next week, and I come back monday the 3rd.

Quote from: Mace on December 23, 2010, 01:37:51 AM
I don't frankly represent the rest of the staff when I say this, but this is my take on NSFCD now:

I am deeply honoured that this community -- be it you, phatyo, Vaatix, Cornwad, whomever -- manages to post the amount it does. If that's 1000 posts, and each post takes 30 seconds to make (an average), on top of read, that's a thousand minutes plus you've spent on something I've worked incredibly hard on.

NSFCD is not what it used to be. It's far from being as active. It doesn't have the grandeur events it once had. And we all have memories of a time long ago. But here's something I should point out that NSFCD didn't have back then: stability. The staff was constantly in turmoil. Policies were enacted to block certain discussions, to get rid of users, etc. And public trials of sorts were commonplace.

With few exceptions, NSFCD has levelled itself off and left itself in a nice place. You say it's dying, I say I've finally realized that this is exactly what NSFCD has needed for years.

I recently returned to NS2. Almost instantly I was snatched up and brought into some conspiracy to overthrow the administration. And the staff has a hey day too. It's all a giant mess. Here, we know we're a mess...and we're fine with it.

Silver and I are working on other projects constantly. They all have the NSFCD brand (or will have) not out of obligation to this forum, but because of what it represents to us. This is both of our home on the internet. Say what you like about it, but there's no need for excuses or anything of the sort. NSFCD isn't dying at all. Its come into its Golden Age.
Wow. To think I've had the time to make over 6,700 posts here. I'm feeling a little special now.

But yeah, like you were saying. Who cares if we don't have 800 newbies among a few regular members? Everyone here knows each other (for the most part), and we still get new members, some of which decide to stay, some of which don't.

Doesn't mean the lurkers can't post more, though.
[move][/move]

Silverhawk79

Quote from: Mace on December 23, 2010, 01:37:51 AM

NSFCD is in the golden oldies phase right now, and soon we'll grow old and kinda hilarious to watch, yet sad because it's horrible.

Kayo

Quote from: Silverhawk79 on December 23, 2010, 04:50:25 PM
NSFCD is in the golden oldies phase right now, and soon we'll grow old and kinda hilarious to watch, yet sad because it's horrible.
Will we get put into nursing homes? ;_;
[move][/move]

Silverhawk79

Kayo

Quote from: Silverhawk79 on December 23, 2010, 05:19:07 PM
I'll take you all out back and shoot you.
I'll grab the bullet out of the air and throw it back. :U
[move][/move]