Main Menu

Killings in Arizona

Started by Super, January 08, 2011, 04:01:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Allegretto

Taking this threads attention away from rambling.

It would be amazing if she came out of this with no major dysfunctions.

Doodle

ITT: JrDude attempts to cover up his own silliness.
YEAH

JrDude

[move][/move]
Dude .

Nayrman

Wow, really feel for those innocent people and the family of the kid there. That's just messed up on so many levels. With a country where it's so easy to get ahold of guns I'm surprised this kind of thing doesn't happen more often.

I COULD say something really mean about the politician(s) deserving every shot fired at them, but I'll wait until she gets out of the hospital, hopefully with no long lasting repercussions.

DededeCloneChris

The alleged gunman said that he made bizarre videos about government, that he didn't trust it. I'm surprised a 22-year old cares that much about govt. itself.

Kayo

Quote from: JrDude 益 on January 09, 2011, 01:46:04 AM
I do?
There's no way for your situation to improve at all. My suggestion, leave this thread. You'll thank me later.
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

JrDude

Quote from: Kayollini Pomodoro on January 09, 2011, 01:39:23 PM
There's no way for your situation to improve at all. My suggestion, leave this thread. You'll thank me later.
I like to explain myself, I don't try to "cover up my sillyness," I know I am indeed silly.
Though it's too late to leave, I already got punished.
[move][/move]
Dude .

Kayo

Quote from: JrDude 益 on January 09, 2011, 06:10:42 PM
I like to explain myself, I don't try to "cover up my sillyness," I know I am indeed silly.
Though it's too late to leave, I already got punished.
Again?

inb4moderated
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

JrDude

Quote from: Kayollini Pomodoro on January 09, 2011, 07:07:32 PM
Again?

inb4moderated
Yes again, I seem to easily annoy people with my bad jokes and with my responses to their responses, especially people named RiddlerRob or SuperKool.
[move][/move]
Dude .

jnfs2014

Well ain't that a kick in the head.....

Doodle

YEAH

The Seventh

The fact she survived such a shot is fairly miraculous-most adults can't easily recover from that or simply die because of it.

As much as I dislike the current parties and partisan politics, this is a bit too extreme.  Here's where I'm probably going to piss people off : Perhaps if more citizens were armed they could have taken this guy down.

Anyhoo...I was expecting the media to beat this story more, but they stopped once the horse was dead.
meh

Friendly Hostile

Quote from: Alisaihin on January 16, 2011, 02:53:46 PM
Perhaps if more citizens were armed they could have taken this guy down.

There were other armed citizens and non-armed citizens who responded quickly to deal with him and those hit.  More people having guns here would have little difference except for perhaps someone getting hit by a stray shot by someone trying to help.

Kayo

Quote from: Alisaihin on January 16, 2011, 02:53:46 PM
Perhaps if more citizens were armed they could have taken this guy down.
You don't always know though. Also, if you see a guy start shooting people, even if you're armed you get the intercourse  out. At least, that's how most people will react. I'm against the whole "more citizens should be armed" thing, but that's a different story.

I don't know how true all this is, but I heard the shooter legally owned the gun. And, he had a history of bad mental problems. IMO, a person who has had mental breakdowns like him in the past should not be allowed to carry firearms. Again, this is just what I heard. Not 100% positive if he legally had the gun or not, I'm just saying.

I know in NY it's very difficult to get legal rights to possess a firearm. It's still possible (bill of rights) but it's not so easy.
[move][/move]

Macawmoses

Quote from: Kayollini Pomodoro on January 16, 2011, 08:26:01 PM
You don't always know though. Also, if you see a guy start shooting people, even if you're armed you get the intercourse  out. At least, that's how most people will react. I'm against the whole "more citizens should be armed" thing, but that's a different story.

I don't know how true all this is, but I heard the shooter legally owned the gun. And, he had a history of bad mental problems. IMO, a person who has had mental breakdowns like him in the past should not be allowed to carry firearms. Again, this is just what I heard. Not 100% positive if he legally had the gun or not, I'm just saying.

I know in NY it's very difficult to get legal rights to possess a firearm. It's still possible (bill of rights) but it's not so easy.
It's mostly because Arizona is pretty much the Wild Wild West when it comes to gun rights. From the surveys and the like I've read, and I've read a number, most people would rather you take their child than their gun rights. OK, maybe not that far, but they do see the two things as rather connected.

As a note, I'm all for gun rights, and even believe someone that has mental issues can own one. But given the circumstances of Loughner, where he was perceived as potentially violent, it's somewhat concerning.

Seeing as this is my first post on the matter, and I've only just looked at the thread here and there, I have to say one thing: political rhetoric likely has little to do with it regardless. The only evidence for it is circumstantial (Palin's delightful map). We don't need to jump to conclusions -- I'm sure we'll find out just why he did it in his trial.