News:

<+Ice> i have a dildo factory line run by old women in my garage

Main Menu

:\

Started by Zovistograt, October 19, 2007, 04:26:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zovistograt

It seems as though my dad just found out I play Dungeons & Dragons (I've been playing since last year) and he thinks that it's an occult game where people pledge their allegiance to Satan and stuff.  He's basing this on the D&D craze 30 years ago.  He's going to call tonight...we'll see if I can get him to realize that it's more like a normal RPG now, but in a board game setting with more freedom.

So, do your parents disapprove/misunderstand something you do?
"I lovat a gabber.  I could listen to maure and moravar again.  Regn onder river.  Flies do your float.  Thick is the life for mere." - James Joyce (Finnegans Wake, page 213)

Fell

Wow, that stinks.

No, they don't actually.

Spongebob does not approve

bluaki

My mom doesn't even know what I do :-X
As far as she knows, I just play the Wii and DS and do something unknown on the computer.

The most that she ever complains about with me is not having any friends.
I guess she also has wondered why I wanted to buy a book called "hack" (well, .hack)

Waveburner

I know what you mean. My Mom's the same way about some of the violent games I play.
My dad is a lot more cool on those kinds of things though.

BOSSNIG

Lol, Dungeons and Dragons.
IF U WERE KILLED TOMORROW, I WOULDNT GO 2 UR FUNERAL CUZ ID B N JAIL 4 KILLIN DA MOTHA FUKER THAT KILLED U!
..._.....____________________, ,
....../ `---___________----_____] = = = = = D
...../_==o;;;;;;;;_______.:/
.....), ---.(_(__) /
....// (..) ), ----"
...//___//
..//___//
.//___//

WE TRUE HOMIES
WE RIDE TOGETHER
WE DIE TOGETHER

Zovistograt

Quote from: DARKLINK165 on October 19, 2007, 04:28:26 PM
Lol, Dungeons and Dragons.
lol I'm a level 3 rogue elf (well, technically, the local version of "elf") that has an affinity for pudding and is very impulsive (chaotic good), you?
"I lovat a gabber.  I could listen to maure and moravar again.  Regn onder river.  Flies do your float.  Thick is the life for mere." - James Joyce (Finnegans Wake, page 213)

Trini

I don't like to read manga around my parents. They look at me all suspicious.

Princess

ouch. i know the feeling, trust me.

when i first started playing video games, my parents gave me a hard time, since they couldn't understand what was so appealing about them. they've kinda relaxed now, but they still give me funny looks when they catch me playing fire emblem.

Zovistograt

Quote from: Trini on October 19, 2007, 04:29:23 PM
I don't like to read manga around my parents. They look at me all suspicious.
heck, my parents don't even know I like ANYTHING Japanese at all :P

...although it might've been a big hint when we went to Disney World and I didn't want to leave the Japanese store...

TheKoopaBros.

No, my parents are pretty lenient. Obviously they wouldn't approve of me doing drugs or getting myself involved with the wrong crowd, but as far as interests go they're not only aware of them but supportive too. :)

Commander Awesome

I belive my parents have gotten over the fact that their little girl likes gaming, anime, and various other things a long time ago.

As for D&D, there's a load of things associated with it.

Silverhawk79

My mom thinks that every girl I talk to or every girl that comes over is my girlfriend. :x
I CAN HAVE FEMALE FRIENDS WITHOUT BEING IN A RELATIONSHIP. ;__;

Insane Asylum

Of course they do.  Hell, my dad disowned me and my mother doesn't like it.

But then I throw her alcoholism in her face and then I'm free to go back and game,
Feast on my justice.

Tupin

Quote from: Insane Asylum on October 19, 2007, 05:07:17 PM
Of course they do.  Hell, my dad disowned me and my mother doesn't like it.

But then I throw her alcoholism in her face and then I'm free to go back and game,
Gaming>Alcoholism ;D :P

Quote from: SkyMyl
Tuppy frightens me with his knowledge of legacy technology.

Totla

My parent's don't like that I stay in my room almost all day on the computer/playing video games.
They want me to be more social. D:
Also, my mom thought I didn't like girls until a year ago, and now she thinks I like every girl I talk to/am around. >_>