News:

<+Clu> have you tried barbecuing the computer

Main Menu

Anyone going to get affected by GM,Ford or Chrysler going out of business?

Started by phatyo, November 21, 2008, 10:00:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Seventh

Quote from: Tuppyluver1 on November 21, 2008, 10:06:40 PM
They aren't going out of business any time soon.

Make cars people want, and they'll buy American. People want fuel efficiency, yet the Big Three still is still making SUVs and GM is still making Hummers.
Thing is, there are some people who'll still buy those.

Two cars that i'd get if I could would be either the new Corvette ZR1 or the new 2009 Dodge Ram.  But my parents need the money to resurface the hardwood floor (OMFG SPLINTER CENTRAL), redo the drive way, which is a cracked up piece of s*** that leaks water into the basement (which translates into we got flooded several times down there due to almost non-stop heavy rain, and had to reduce the potential of black mold formation, or remove what mold we had.  Black mold isn't healthy to have in a house.), see if we can get a new garage, not to mention the former car is 100K.  At least it's much cheaper than other cars of similar performance.  The 2009 Dodge Ram is a beastly truck that'd be awesome to have.

Did I forget to mention that bankruptcy doesn't always translate into the utter destruction of a company.  Occasionally, if you file for file 19 bankrupty protection, it can give you time to resturcture.  But not always.
meh

Doodle

No, I don't think I'll be affected.
But bailout or no bailout, they're going to go out of business. The bailout will just delay it.
Unless they start making cars people want.
YEAH

Jono2

Quote from: phatyo on November 21, 2008, 10:03:59 PM
Quote from: Zovistograt on November 21, 2008, 10:02:23 PM
POWER TO JAPANESE AUTOMAKERS \(º,º)/
Lol but there SUVS look so gay.

The Rogue looks amazing.  i don't know what you're talking about. D:

Quote from: LinkXLR on January 30, 2008, 09:10:54 PM
Quote from: famy on January 30, 2008, 08:36:30 PM
is big willy unleashed a will smith game

...I'm not even gonna touch this one.

SteamID: Lazylen

Nayrman

lol, I saw the show in your sig at anime club today...so random and spastic...

Anyhoo. they're not going out of business. Ford has some money leftover for a while, but we'll see how long that lasts.
Besides, it's their own darn fault they're losing money. Make cheaper and fuel efficient cars instead of those hulking trash bins they make now and people will buy it. And they have the nerve to ask the public to bail them out. If I were a lawmaker I'd say HELL NO you dug your own grave now live in it.

L10

Quote from: Byte on November 22, 2008, 06:11:38 AM
Quote from: Tuppyluver1 on November 21, 2008, 10:21:09 PM
How is conserving oil, reducing carbon emissions, and lowering gas prices a big mistake?
1. We're not running out of oil, and won't be for a while. The problem is that who actually holds the oil.
2. Carbon emissions? *yawn* Too lazy to get into my global warming argument.
3. Gas prices are going down because people aren't driving. People aren't driving because gas was 4 dollars per gallon. Once people go "hey gas is $1.89 i think ill start driving again", gas will go up to 4 dollars, and the cycle will continue in that fashion until we find an alternate fuel source.
Ahhh, I was going to comment on this, but, you beet me to it.

(I was too friggin' busy reading through that MS paint adventures)
0o!f

Zovistograt

Quote from: Nayrman on November 22, 2008, 03:12:17 PM
olol, but did you like it?
"I lovat a gabber.  I could listen to maure and moravar again.  Regn onder river.  Flies do your float.  Thick is the life for mere." - James Joyce (Finnegans Wake, page 213)

Nayrman

Quote from: Zovistograt on November 22, 2008, 07:33:49 PM
not particularly. I did like Xam'd and Kurenai though (despite kurenai being kinda slow though)

Tupin

Oh, and I would be affected, but they aren't going out of business anytime soon.

Quote from: SkyMyl
Tuppy frightens me with his knowledge of legacy technology.

Tupin

Oh, and I would be affected, but they aren't going out of business anytime soon.

That bailout is going to go through.

Gwen Khan

Quote from: Nayrman on November 22, 2008, 07:45:16 PM
not particularly. I did like Xam'd and Kurenai though (despite kurenai being kinda slow though)

what's the anime called? I might wanna check it out

Zovistograt

Quote from: Commissar Torgo on November 23, 2008, 08:10:13 AM
Quote from: Nayrman on November 22, 2008, 07:45:16 PM

what's the anime called? I might wanna check it out
Kyouran Kazoku Nikki.

You can watch it on crunchyroll.com in h.264 quality.
"I lovat a gabber.  I could listen to maure and moravar again.  Regn onder river.  Flies do your float.  Thick is the life for mere." - James Joyce (Finnegans Wake, page 213)

HTA!

Tupin

Quote from: HTA on November 23, 2008, 04:38:40 PM
Quote from: britneymahboy on November 21, 2008, 10:09:39 PM
No, I think.  Thank God those arseholes are going out of business. American cars suck.
Ford Mustang?
My family owned one for a few years, and it slipped on some wet leaves and fishtailed into another car.

Friendly Hostile

Quote from: Byte on November 22, 2008, 06:11:38 AM
1. We're not running out of oil, and won't be for a while. The problem is that who actually holds the oil.
So?  Just because there's still oil left, doesn't mean we shouldn't conserve it.  The better we are at reducing the amount of oil we consume, the more time we gain to find alternatives for the day when oil does finally run out.  It will run eventually, and no one can deny that.

Quote2. Carbon emissions? *yawn* Too lazy to get into my global warming argument.
Again, I don't see why reducing these is a bad thing.  Even if you disagree with global warming, it's still good for the environment.  But god forbid anyone give a poop about that.

Quote3. Gas prices are going down because people aren't driving. People aren't driving because gas was 4 dollars per gallon. Once people go "hey gas is $1.89 i think ill start driving again", gas will go up to 4 dollars, and the cycle will continue in that fashion until we find an alternate fuel source.
I disagree,  people are still aren't driving as much as they used to, since people are starting to realize that relying on low gas prices to remain low is a bad idea.

phatyo

Quote from: Tuppyluver1 on November 23, 2008, 04:50:07 PM
Quote from: HTA on November 23, 2008, 04:38:40 PM
Quote from: britneymahboy on November 21, 2008, 10:09:39 PM
No, I think.  Thank God those arseholes are going out of business. American cars suck.
Ford Mustang?
My family owned one for a few years, and it slipped on some wet leaves and fishtailed into another car.
Cadillac Escalade :D