<+Clu> im 100% nigga

Main Menu

What the hell Adult Swim?!

Started by Nayrman, September 11, 2008, 06:13:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zovistograt

Quote from: Kaz on September 13, 2008, 11:45:52 AM
Quote from: Zovistograt on September 12, 2008, 07:06:46 PM
Don't say you're appreciating it the same by watching a dub, either, because the voices, however insignificant the difference seems, make all the difference.

Until I can ingest a pill that makes it so that I can understand Japanese, I don't give a darn.
err...I don't understand any more than you would normally pick up by repetition from watching a lot of subs, but even so, there's a certain quality about their voices that isn't matched by English spoken word.  Japanese, along with other languages (e.g. Finnish, Icelandic, etc....possibly French as well) seem to be beauty in spoken form.  I don't get that same beauty from most Romance languages nor English, nor even Chinese to tell you the truth.  It's just that word construction that creates a wondrous flow and makes it like a musical instrument that you don't have to understand to appreciate.
"I lovat a gabber.  I could listen to maure and moravar again.  Regn onder river.  Flies do your float.  Thick is the life for mere." - James Joyce (Finnegans Wake, page 213)

Nayrman

Quote from: Zovistograt on September 14, 2008, 04:13:32 PM
Quote from: Kaz on September 13, 2008, 11:45:52 AM
Quote from: Zovistograt on September 12, 2008, 07:06:46 PM
Don't say you're appreciating it the same by watching a dub, either, because the voices, however insignificant the difference seems, make all the difference.

Until I can ingest a pill that makes it so that I can understand Japanese, I don't give a dang.
err...I don't understand any more than you would normally pick up by repetition from watching a lot of subs, but even so, there's a certain quality about their voices that isn't matched by English spoken word.  Japanese, along with other languages (e.g. Finnish, Icelandic, etc....possibly French as well) seem to be beauty in spoken form.  I don't get that same beauty from most Romance languages nor English, nor even Chinese to tell you the truth.  It's just that word construction that creates a wondrous flow and makes it like a musical instrument that you don't have to understand to appreciate.
I don't agree that certain languages sound/work better than others (with a few exceptions, German sounds like they're swearing every single sentence!), but I agree with some of it.
The Japanese voice work seems to have a lot more effort put into it in which American voice actors don't seem to have, with a few exceptions such as Cowboy Bebop...now that was a fantastic dub...I actually liked it better in english than Japanese!