Change is coming. HOPE CHANGE UNITY

Main Menu

Another "be careful or you might catch the gay!" situation. in Canada. :|

Started by Jono2, January 09, 2008, 05:49:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WiinolikePS3

Quote from: Lotos on January 09, 2008, 07:51:07 PM
Quote from: TheAnonymusElmo on January 09, 2008, 07:48:38 PM
Good, Canada is taking some Christian initiative.

>_>

I can understand that they're probably concerned about that AIDS that gay people could catch and pass on, but isn't they're tests for STDs and other crap like that?  Maybe it's because if people found out they got an organ from a homosexual, they'd be mad, grossed out, etc.
They'd be afraid they'd catch the gay. Duh.

Hiei

Whatever happened to love, peace, and all that jazz?

And this is bullpoopish. It's stupid they don't allow them to give blood when they test the blood for disease and defects anyways and when you consider a very small amount of people actually give blood.

Silverhawk79

>_>

I can understand that they're probably concerned about that AIDS that gay people could catch and pass on, but isn't they're tests for STDs and other crap like that?  Maybe it's because if people found out they got an organ from a homosexual, they'd be mad, grossed out, etc.
"OH MAN MY HEART IS GAY AAAAAAAAAA"

Mystic

That's why I'm glad I live in America. ... in America.

Quote from: Silverhawk79 on January 09, 2008, 08:01:52 PM

>_>

"OH MAN MY HEART IS GAY AAAAAAAAAA"
You have a happy heart?
...̅̅̅

Rius

Bah, stupidity is stupidity.

On a side note, if the gay WAS a communicable disease, suicide rates would reach an all time high... >:D

sleepin_dude_99

Well, technically, donated organs will sometimes give a slight personality change.

It's not like suddenly as soon as the person who got the organ wakes up "ZOMG WOMEN R UGLY ITSA RAININ MEN".

There's a possibility of a slight bi-curiousness, but not a complete change.

LinkXLR

Quote from: Hero_Of_Time on January 09, 2008, 06:49:28 PM
Ok...excuse me? Catch the gay? Like sexuality can be transferred? Uh..no. I'm sorry, that doesn't work. Sexuality is GENETIC. It cannot be transferred. -_-
I feel like I should say something, but I'm afraid I'll piss people off, so I'm putting in a spoiler.
[spoiler]Being homosexual or bisexual is NOT genetic. It's a choice that people choose to  make. In my eyes, it's a dumb and stupid choice, because it goes against the bible. (Man shall not sleep next to man) And many gay men have become straight, as well as vise versa. I beg of any memebers who are gay to think, "Did I choose this? Or did I force myself into believing it?" [/spoiler]

Please do not become angry for my 2 cents.

That's me. :D ^

Also, join the Steam Nsider group for maximum fun.
Steam ID: KarthXLR

Rius

Quote from: LinkXLR on January 09, 2008, 09:45:52 PM
Ok...excuse me? Catch the gay? Like sexuality can be transferred? Uh..no. I'm sorry, that doesn't work. Sexuality is GENETIC. It cannot be transferred. -_-
I feel like I should say something, but I'm afraid I'll piss people off, so I'm putting in a spoiler.
[spoiler]Being homosexual or bisexual is NOT genetic. It's a choice that people choose to  make. In my eyes, it's a dumb and stupid choice, because it goes against the bible. (Man shall not sleep next to man) And many gay men have become straight, as well as vise versa. I beg of any memebers who are gay to think, "Did I choose this? Or did I force myself into believing it?" [/spoiler]

I too feel it's a dumb and stupid choice, and I loathe the idiots who actually do choose to be gay. However, people like me who found members of the same sex attractive at an age when we didn't even know what sex was should not be discriminated. There have been claims to homosexuality being genetic and circumstantial and I think either occurs in true homosexuals. Sort of like emos and scene kids.

Mystic

You can't choose who you love. You can try...but it doesn't work.

LinkXLR

Quote from: Mystic Swampert on January 09, 2008, 09:54:05 PM

You can't choose who you love. You can try...but it doesn't work.
Yes, that's true. But, is it really love? Lust maybe? Desperateness? I doubt that love is fate.

That's me. :D ^

Also, join the Steam Nsider group for maximum fun.
Steam ID: KarthXLR

Shujinco2

You know, I don't blaime you for saying that. Though I disagree myself, this is just one of those things you just can never really be right about, you know. :-\

As for the idiotic canadians: I was GOING to move there, bun now I think I'll stay here. :|

Canadians are stupid, aye?

Rius

Quote from: Shujinco on January 10, 2008, 07:08:33 AM

You know, I don't blaime you for saying that. Though I disagree myself, this is just one of those things you just can never really be right about, you know. :-\

As for the idiotic canadians: I was GOING to move there, bun now I think I'll stay here. :|

Canadians are stupid, aye?
Aye? I thought it was, eh?

3rd parties cannot determine whether two people feel love or lust for one another, but personally I've never really lusted anyone I had  a crush on. Also, if I were desperate it would be easier for me to find a straight girl than a gay boy. Whether love is fate or not is completely up to the person's perspective of life, so it's hard to apply that in a popular context.

Rayquarian

I think they're worried about someone catching a retrovirus that leads to Acquired Immune Deficient Syndrome.

yes.derek

HEY LOOK HEY