Main Menu

Sonic Unleashed Review from IGN

Started by Neerb, November 19, 2008, 06:48:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nayrman

Quote from: wiiboychris on December 26, 2008, 09:03:16 PM
I think I know why the Wii version got a bigger score:

From Wikipedia:

"The added element of motion controls for the Werehog sections, as well as text-based hub worlds and better Werehog level design and camera system, were reasons cited for the higher review scores for the Wii version of the game."

So hub-worlds where you can explore are not Sonic's thing.

Also, I got the game, very good in the day levels and night levels are good, though I'd have liked the night levels to be shorter.
I've played both versions, the motion controls are HORRENDOUS. There is zero need for them, and it makes the game even harder to control. I don't get what these ppl are on thinking it makes the game better.

JrDude

So people, what's the difference in the Werehog Levels that make it better on the 360/PS3?
[move][/move]
Dude .

Nayrman

Quote from: JrDude on December 27, 2008, 05:50:12 PM
So people, what's the difference in the Werehog Levels that make it better on the 360/PS3?
Gameplay is better.
The fighting is at least a knock-off of a good series (God of war) than mindless button mashing, and the platforming is at least playable unlike the Wii version where you fall off and die through no fault of your own dozens of times.

JrDude

[move][/move]
Dude .

Nayrman

Quote from: JrDude on December 28, 2008, 01:40:14 AM
Explain it better please.
Wii = mindless Button mashing with terrible motion controls or terrible Gamecube controls.
360/PS3 = ripoff of God of War minus the fun of GoW, and some generic platforming.

Lotos

I played my sister's; she's still in the tutorial levels, I believe.  The controls seem a little harder than SA2:B's, especially because of the dashing thing with tapping the control stick, and X does something different other than work as a second B button (GCN controller).

DededeCloneChris

Quote from: Lotos on December 29, 2008, 09:52:20 PM
I played my sister's; she's still in the tutorial levels, I believe.  The controls seem a little harder than SA2:B's, especially because of the dashing thing with tapping the control stick, and X does something different other than work as a second B button (GCN controller).
I mostly like the dashing thing, it's like steering a car. Wheeeeee!  ;)

Nayrman

I dunno why I'm postin this here, but I finally S-ranked all of the Day levels (minus Eggman-Land, because it's just so poorly deseigned and has Werehog as most of it).

All I can say is Shamar is a ninny...
What's everyone's favorite and least favorite levels?
Favorite: Spagonia: It's just so well made, the music is good, and it's just a fun level once you have it memorized.
Least Favorite: Shamar: The city is just too claustrophobic, the people are harder than rocks for some reason, and the falling pillers always hit unless you slow down.

That's just me though

Neerb

I love Spagonia cause it's the fastest; you can just hold boost during the whole thing, and the buildings everywhere really help with the sense of speed.  I also love Holoska cause running on water is awesome.  However, I can't say their my favorites, as they're too easy (though that's the whole reason for the ability to boost through the whole thing).

And yes, Shamar is annoying.  I hate running into people.  However, I have been getting better at it, so now it's just annoying instead of infuriating.

Nayrman

Quote from: Smash Bro 25 on January 11, 2009, 06:27:28 PM
I love Spagonia cause it's the fastest; you can just hold boost during the whole thing, and the buildings everywhere really help with the sense of speed.  I also love Holoska cause running on water is awesome.  However, I can't say their my favorites, as they're too easy (though that's the whole reason for the ability to boost through the whole thing).

And yes, Shamar is annoying.  I hate running into people.  However, I have been getting better at it, so now it's just annoying instead of infuriating.
Just a tip, I've found constantly drifting for some reason makes then as hollow as air. I've sometimes gone strait through them! It screws up your precision turning massively, but it'll keep you from getting stuck on people. That's how I got my S rank...that and being able to luckly avoid all falling pillars miraculously. I suppose you could use the restart trick as well if you were really desperate X_X;;

Triforceman22

Favourite: Apotos/Spagonia

Least fav. : Shamar.

I don't really like adabat too much either.
Mainly because of frame rate, and the run on water parts.
I always intercourse  up there.

QuoteRobotnik: GET A LOAD OF THIS!!!!!!!!

Neerb

Quote from: Triforceman22 on January 13, 2009, 10:52:53 PM

I always f*** up there.

My cousin found a really, really easy way of running on water:  tapping the boost instead of just holding it.  You boost just fast enough to stay afloat, then let go (but keep running) to allow better vision and easy turns, then boost again, then let go, etc.  Adabat's water parts are easier than land parts if you do it this way.

Nayrman

Quote from: Smash Bro 25 on January 14, 2009, 05:23:29 PM

I always f*** up there.

My cousin found a really, really easy way of running on water:  tapping the boost instead of just holding it.  You boost just fast enough to stay afloat, then let go (but keep running) to allow better vision and easy turns, then boost again, then let go, etc.  Adabat's water parts are easier than land parts if you do it this way.
I figured that out myself. Actually you can use the drifting trick as well, but it's harder to use since theres more stuff in the way and if you hit it it's instant death. However, if you know the layout really well you can use drift trick to get through it rather easily XD

Triforceman22

Quote from: Nayrman on January 14, 2009, 05:27:47 PM
Quote from: Smash Bro 25 on January 14, 2009, 05:23:29 PM

I always f*** up there.

I figured that out myself. Actually you can use the drifting trick as well, but it's harder to use since theres more stuff in the way and if you hit it it's instant death. However, if you know the layout really well you can use drift trick to get through it rather easily XD

it's the falling pillars that kill me.  DX

QuoteRobotnik: GET A LOAD OF THIS!!!!!!!!

RedYoshi

This game is pretty good. I have it for the Wii. I really enjoy the day levels because they go back to Sonic Adventure roots a little bit and that's an improvement. The night levels however are a bit overkill. The controls are very wonky and are difficult to get used to. The fighting style was a good idea, but they didn't expand on it enough. Not to mention there are more night levels than day levels. Overall I give this game an 8.5/10. I am a huge Sonic fan and this game is incredible. There are only a few drawbacks as I mentioned but don't get me wrong, this game is awesome. I highly recommend getting this game!
Will edit sig later...:P